Low Carb

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Honestly if your a newbie you shouldnt be thinking low carb yet, pay your dues first and just eat a balanced diet.

PAY YOUR DUES? What does that even mean????

Signed: not low carb, but I find your posts here ABSURD.

I mean just spend some time actually eating healthy, with a caloric deficit, and train to the best of your abilities before jumping into under 50g carbs a day. Not that I have anything against low carb, it's just an opinion no need to get worked up about it :p

oh. That. Ok. How do you know the OP hasn't? (I think s/he has already said they aren't new to dieting just this little app.

I could easily also suggest eating low carb before jumping in and counting the calories in everything you eat, weighing, measuring everything etc.
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Honestly if your a newbie you shouldnt be thinking low carb yet, pay your dues first and just eat a balanced diet.

I mean just spend some time actually eating healthy, with a caloric deficit, and train to the best of your abilities before jumping into under 50g carbs a day. Not that I have anything against low carb, it's just an opinion no need to get worked up about it :p

Whats healthy?

If you have to ask what eating healthy is you should start your own forum haha.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Whats healthy?

LOL. you shouldn't use words you can't explain.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Whats healthy?

Define "eating healthy please".
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Getting good nutrients and minerals.
  • mightymooloos
    mightymooloos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Killakyle I have tried calorific diets many times and have settled on low carb. I just joined My Fitness Pal as it actually has a lot of New Zealand foods which most trackers don't and I wasnt sure how to use it as a tracker with it being a calorie counter primarily :-)
  • Yogi_warrior
    Options
    How do you know whats good and bad?

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Based on....
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thanks Killakyle I have tried calorific diets many times and have settled on low carb. I just joined My Fitness Pal as it actually has a lot of New Zealand foods which most trackers don't and I wasnt sure how to use it as a tracker with it being a calorie counter primarily :-)

I have mine set to 10% carbs (35 g total carbs includes fiber), 65% fat (102 g), and 25% protein (88g) at the moment (1410 kcal/day). I lose well at these amounts.
  • killakyle420
    killakyle420 Posts: 66
    edited March 2015
    Options

haha no problem! They do have a wide variety on foods on here that's for sure. Good luck with your low carb diet hope it works out great!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

You can go to Goals > Change Goals > Custom and set your macros to the percentages you want. It only lets you use increments of 5%, but you can use more exact numbers if you open the website on a computer and use a script (it's linked in the group people linked above). You can also tell it to put the categories you actually care about on your main diary page; you're not stuck with the 5 default ones it shows you.
  • killakyle420
    Options

Well that's something you should probably learn lol.
  • killakyle420
    Options
    I'm not gunna waste my time explaining to you goofs how to eat healthy. This ain't the food and nutrition forum.
  • killakyle420
    Options

oh. That. Ok. How do you know the OP hasn't? (I think s/he has already said they aren't new to dieting just this little app.

I could easily also suggest eating low carb before jumping in and counting the calories in everything you eat, weighing, measuring everything etc.

That's why I said 'if your a newbie' in the first place. I think you need to lay off the test bud.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Options
    I'm not gunna waste my time explaining to you goofs how to eat healthy. This ain't the food and nutrition forum.
    Goofs? How about learn something than throwing out some generic terms. What are you? 15 years old?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Well that's something you should probably learn lol.

I have a pretty good sense about it, thanks.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's why I said 'if your a newbie' in the first place. I think you need to lay off the test bud.

True enough. You DID say "if your [sic] a newbie". And then you went on to say " you shouldnt be thinking low carb yet, pay your dues first and just eat a balanced diet." This suggest some how someone "earns' a low carb diet?
  • killakyle420
    Options

True enough. You DID say "if your [sic] a newbie". And then you went on.

Exactly.. and again just an opinion.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP: Are you trying to find out how to change the targets/% in your diary or are you asking what your macros should be?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Why are you telling a female who has no picture and has not been aggressive to 'lay off the test bud'? [Not that you should be saying that to anyone, but saying it to the poster you are saying it its even sillier]

Unless test has a new 'hip' meaning that I am not aware of. Apparently hippie has a new meaning nowadays.

ETA: lolflag