Low Carb

Options

Replies

• killakyle420
    Options
    Honestly if your a newbie you shouldnt be thinking low carb yet, pay your dues first and just eat a balanced diet.

PAY YOUR DUES? What does that even mean????

Signed: not low carb, but I find your posts here ABSURD.

I mean just spend some time actually eating healthy, with a caloric deficit, and train to the best of your abilities before jumping into under 50g carbs a day. Not that I have anything against low carb, it's just an opinion no need to get worked up about it :p

oh. That. Ok. How do you know the OP hasn't? (I think s/he has already said they aren't new to dieting just this little app.

I could easily also suggest eating low carb before jumping in and counting the calories in everything you eat, weighing, measuring everything etc.

That's why I said 'if your a newbie' in the first place. I think you need to lay off the test bud.

True enough. You DID say "if your [sic] a newbie". And then you went on to say " you shouldnt be thinking low carb yet, pay your dues first and just eat a balanced diet." This suggest some how someone "earns' a low carb diet?

I never once said earned now did I. Low carb isn't for everyone expecially someone just starting out it's not necessary.. that's all I was saying but god forbid someone has an opinion!
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Honestly if your a newbie you shouldnt be thinking low carb yet, pay your dues first and just eat a balanced diet.

I mean just spend some time actually eating healthy, with a caloric deficit, and train to the best of your abilities before jumping into under 50g carbs a day. Not that I have anything against low carb, it's just an opinion no need to get worked up about it :p

oh. That. Ok. How do you know the OP hasn't? (I think s/he has already said they aren't new to dieting just this little app.

I could easily also suggest eating low carb before jumping in and counting the calories in everything you eat, weighing, measuring everything etc.

That's why I said 'if your a newbie' in the first place. I think you need to lay off the test bud.

Why are you telling a female who has no picture and has not been aggressive to 'lay off the test bud'? [Not that you should be saying that to anyone, but saying it to the poster you are saying it its even sillier]

Unless test has a new 'hip' meaning that I am not aware of. Apparently hippie has a new meaning nowadays.

ETA: lolflag

Didnt know she was female lol. This is ridiculous how many people are worked up about one piece of harmless advice was given. Everyone hate on the potsmoker!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Why are you telling a female who has no picture and has not been aggressive to 'lay off the test bud'? [Not that you should be saying that to anyone, but saying it to the poster you are saying it its even sillier]

Unless test has a new 'hip' meaning that I am not aware of. Apparently hippie has a new meaning nowadays.

Didnt know she was female lol. This is ridiculous how many people are worked up about one piece of harmless advice was given. Everyone hate on the potsmoker!

The username was not a clue?

No one is worked up - you seem the most agitated one out of everyone in fact. The fact that you keep on about it and are insulting people may have something to do with the reception you are getting however.
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Well all the people on my back about a harmless piece of advice can enjoy complaining about other peoples opinions. At least I let people have there own opinions cuz apparently you guys think if someone doesn't think the same as you that suddenly they are incorrect! That's okay with me everyone's different!
  • killakyle420
    Options

No one is worked up - you seem the most agitated one out of everyone in fact. The fact that you keep on about it and are insulting people may have something to do with the reception you are getting however.

I don't see how the username represents a female at all.. and I was the first one insulted so why should I not say anything back? I'm not worked up at all I just dont understand why people have to argue with an opinion it's kinda funny. Like you either agree or disagree with what I say why make it anymore then that?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Well all the people on my back about a harmless piece of advice can enjoy complaining about other peoples opinions. At least I let people have there own opinions cuz apparently you guys think if someone doesn't think the same as you that suddenly they are incorrect! That's okay with me everyone's different!

They were not really on your back until you started insulting people. Someone will always have a different opinion - just roll with it and/or explain your thinking without the snark/insults.

Telling someone not to worry about it at first *may* be good advice. However, it helps to get some context. The OP was not a newb and has quite a bit of weight to lose (sorry OP) which makes it more likely that she has some amount of insulin resistance and may well do better on lower carbs than others.
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited March 2015
    Options

I don't see how the username represents a female at all.. and I was the first one insulted so why should I not say anything back? I'm not worked up at all I just dont understand why people have to argue with an opinion it's kinda funny. Like you either agree or disagree with what I say why make it anymore then that?

Sabine is a female name. Also, and I realize that this is stereotyping, but I doubt a guy (especially one on test) would have her avi up.
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Obviouslt

They were not really on your back until you started insulting people. Someone will always have a different opinion - just roll with it and/or explain your thinking without the snark/insults.

Telling someone not to worry about it at first *may* be good advice. However, it helps to get some context. The OP was not a newb and has quite a bit of weight to lose (sorry OP) which makes it more likely that she has some amount of insulin resistance and may well do better on lower carbs than others.

Obviously you didn't read very many of the comments haha.
  • killakyle420
    Options

Sabine is a female name. Also, and I realize that this is stereotyping, but I doubt a guy (especially one on test) would have her avi up.

Well I don't judge people so I wouldn't know. Obviously you missed alot if comments. I consider when people act like your an idiot that would be an insult like people were doing when I first had my opinion! And I probably know more then a few of you... I've been studying nutrition for a good 4 years and training and I'm half way through my personal trainer certificate so I do know a tad about fitness and nutrition..
  • killakyle420
    Options

Well I don't judge people so I wouldn't know. Obviously you missed alot if comments. I consider when people act like your an idiot that would be an insult like people were doing when I first had my opinion! And I probably know more then a few of you... I've been studying nutrition for a good 4 years and training and I'm half way through my personal trainer certificate so I do know a tad about fitness and nutrition..
  • killakyle420
    Options
    All I said was that beginners shouldn't need to go low carb! That is all, why don't you ask some professionals and I bet majority would agree with me. If you read the comments the OP told me she was not a newbie but just new to mfp quite a while after I gave the advice and she even said thanks because I was trying to help! Now if that's such a crime you should really worry about more important things in your life just sayin..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    All I said was that beginners shouldn't need to go low carb! That is all, why don't you ask some professionals and I bet majority would agree with me. If you read the comments the OP told me she was not a newbie but just new to mfp quite a while after I gave the advice and she even said thanks because I was trying to help! Now if that's such a crime you should really worry about more important things in your life just sayin..

Did you just advise sarauk2sf to ask some professionals?

LOL ...she's one of the most widely respected, helpful and accomplished MFP members
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sabine. It's a woman's name.
    To be fair the OP wasn't asking for advice as to WHICH kind of dieting to do. She was asking HOW to go about low carb here. She didn't ask if she should do low carb. Your "advice" didn't answer her question, or even address it. Does that make sense?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

"Professionals" would apply context and garner more information. Your 'advice' was given before she said she was not a newbie.

Lol at the hyperbole.
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited March 2015
    Options

You do not judge people yet you told her to lay off the test...right!
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Obviouslt

Obviously you didn't read very many of the comments haha.

I read all of them.

You should also read the community guidelines before flagging people who disagree with you or give you responses you do not like.
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Ok calm down people haha. You do realize this is just a calorie counting app for your phone right? Lol there are much more important things I'm this world to be worrying about!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Then you should have learned in your studying nutrition that many need to go LC for medical reasons, not everyone, but many do. There was a good thread a few days back http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10108477/why-dont-the-low-carb-folks-believe-in-cico/p1 that can help you understand why some do LC, whether for medical reasons or because that is the only way they can have enough self control to stay under calories.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Ok calm down people haha. You do realize this is just a calorie counting app for your phone right? Lol there are much more important things I'm this world to be worrying about!

No one is not calm.

And no, its not just a calorie counting app for your phone.
  • killakyle420
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »

Then you should have learned in your studying nutrition that many need to go LC for medical reasons, not everyone, but many do. There was a good thread a few days back http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10108477/why-dont-the-low-carb-folks-believe-in-cico/p1 that can help you understand why some do LC, whether for medical reasons or because that is the only way they can have enough self control to stay under calories.

I do know that, I never said not to do low carb I'm not against it at all. Some people also can't do low carb! Thanks tho.