Are Jillian Michaels workouts do-able?

Options

Replies

• snjohnston
    snjohnston Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also own about every one of her workouts and absolutely love them! They are all very effective if you stick with them. I also bought nearly all of mine on Amazon for roughly $8. Some I found on clearance at various stores for $3-4. I personally think her videos are kind of addictive. Either you love her or you don't. I look forward to her pushing me to my max on a regular basis. I also love how all of her routines are done in a circuit training style. It seems to make the 30-60 minutes go a lot faster. Good luck!
  • Puti98
    Puti98 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @aaa15‌ and @DaneanP‌ : I'm 5'5", 32 years old and started at 179 lbs (most I've ever weighed)...I'm usually in the 150 lbs range, but started getting lazy and eating just about anything. So for the past 2 months have been on track! I'm down to 169 lbs, 21.5 more lbs to go! I'm so focused!
  • aaa15
    aaa15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    Yes - The Surrender! :s I want to kill her when this one pops up! She makes it look sooooooo easy.
    -
    Right on Puti98. Let us know what you think. There are actually quite a few 90 Day Shred threads out there.

She actually grunts on NMTZ when she has to do it. It makes me feel better because I hate it! Almost as much as I hate duck walks on Ripped! But really, I love Jillian. Her backups are motivating as well.
  • Puti98
    Options
    Thanks @snjohnston‌ ! I'm thinking today I just may try out 30 day shred and 6 week 6 pack! Let's see how that works out lol
  • aaa15
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Puti98 wrote: »
    @aaa15‌ and @DaneanP‌ : I'm 5'5", 32 years old and started at 179 lbs (most I've ever weighed)...I'm usually in the 150 lbs range, but started getting lazy and eating just about anything. So for the past 2 months have been on track! I'm down to 169 lbs, 21.5 more lbs to go! I'm so focused!

@Puti98‌ that's so awesome! I'm recovering (had three surgeries for endometriosis in 18 months.) Lost quite a bit dieting and have been working out like a fiend since October.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    They are. I'm currently doing 30 day shred and love it. I will try the others mentioned on this tread.
  • aaa15
    Options
    snjohnston wrote: »
    I also own about every one of her workouts and absolutely love them! They are all very effective if you stick with them. I also bought nearly all of mine on Amazon for roughly $8. Some I found on clearance at various stores for $3-4. I personally think her videos are kind of addictive. Either you love her or you don't. I look forward to her pushing me to my max on a regular basis. I also love how all of her routines are done in a circuit training style. It seems to make the 30-60 minutes go a lot faster. Good luck!

@snjohnston‌ Definitely love or hate with Jillian. I am aaddicted to her DVDs but she really delivers results! Even though I get tired of her saying "I like to deliver results! "
  • Puti98
    Options
    Cool! Thanks @sw33tp3a11‌ ! We can do this! #stayingfocused
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm thinking of starting Jillian Michaels 30 days shred and even Jilliam Michele's 6 pack workouts. I've don't beach body's P90 (not p90x) for a little over 2 months and need to switch it up. I'm not dropping my goal 1.5 lbs per wk anymore, so figured this is a good way to switch it up.

You don't need to switch up your work outs. You need to accurately track your calories and eat healthy.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello, I'm thinking of starting Jillian Michaels 30 days shred and even Jilliam Michele's 6 pack workouts. I've don't beach body's P90 (not p90x) for a little over 2 months and need to switch it up. I'm not dropping my goal 1.5 lbs per wk anymore, so figured this is a good way to switch it up.

You don't need to switch up your work outs. You need to accurately track your calories and eat healthy.

And understand if you only have 21 pounds to lose, .5 pounds - 1 pound per week is a far more attainable loss per week
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I tried doing one of her workouts once, but the DVD was too small.

^You just won this thread........

M-Lange_Beat-like-Rented-Mule.jpg

• Puti98
    Options
    @Capt_Apollo‌ : I do accurately track my calories and I wear my heart rate monitor during workouts. But I'm not burning as many calories as before and I'm getting bored. So that's why I want to switch it up. Same 2 workouts every day for 2 months can get boring.
  • Puti98
    Options
    @itsfuntobenormal‌ : I totally hear you. I work in the medical field and am aware of that. I put 1.5 lbs per wk as a goal, but am totally ok with 1 lb a wk. in the past 3 wks I haven't lost any and have been working out and eating well. I totally hear ya though. Thanks.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    She had a hips and glutes one I liked, ended up so sore the first few times I did it! I've never checked out her other ones but there's no shame in stopping the DVD early if you're unable to do even the mods.
  • Puti98
    Options
    Thanks @barbecuesauce‌ ! As a Latina I definitely need to check out the thighs workout lol
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just try them.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Thanks @barbecuesauce‌ ! As a Latina I definitely need to check out the thighs workout lol

I've tried both that and the Brazilian Butt Lift and let me tell you, you get a much better workout from her one DVD than you do from their box set.

You've inspired me, I need to dust it off.
  • Puti98
    Options
    @barbecuesauce‌ : yes! We've got this!
  • Puti98
    Options
    @kbmnurse‌ : I plan to, most likely later today!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way through the 30 day shred right now. I did it 2 years back and I highly reccommend it. You don't need to be particularly fit to give it ago.