What real women look like

124»

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I enjoyed looking at women in my age range and the interesting belly lumps they'd earned in a lifetime. I am pretty sure I spotted some laporiscopic scars there. That was like looking in a mirror. For me, gratifying.

I've got ten scars on my belly and I can't imagine ever taking an unclothed picture, much less sharing it! That's pretty brave.

I agree, it's brave and wonderful and generous. This is a great project for women.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    @IamUndrCnstruction‌ the padlocks mean the poster has had warnings for naughty behaviour. If you go on a computer you can read their posts there, as the bars only cover the profile pic. It's very annoying when you're on your phone!!! :grumble:

I did not realize that you could not see them from the phone. The inconsistency is a little odd.

I know right!! When I'm on my phone I hope someone quotes the jailed poster, because you can read it then. This is making my brain ache lol :grumble:

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I don't sort by size and body shape. I only use height, weight and age because they are the only stats not open to interpretation, manufacturers or perception. When I enter my exact stats I get exactly 3 pictures, only one of which looks anywhere close to me. When I leave the last 3 options blank I get all kinds of results that look more like me, though not exactly of course.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    aggelikik wrote: »
    I do not really understand what this site proves? That people of similar weight, height and body type look more or less the same? Isn't it like looking in the mirror?

In theory, yes, you can just look in the mirror. For me, having lost a fair amount of weight, it becomes difficult to see yourself as others see you.

Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself and see someone who is obese. Other times I can see myself and think I look amazing. It depends on my mood on that particular day. Really seeing yourself as others do is difficult for some of us, so to look at someone else who is close to our age and size , it gives us an idea of what others see when they look at us.

ITA, it is difficult for your mind to catch up after losing a significant amount of weight
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    @IamUndrCnstruction‌ the padlocks mean the poster has had warnings for naughty behaviour. If you go on a computer you can read their posts there, as the bars only cover the profile pic. It's very annoying when you're on your phone!!! :grumble:

I did not realize that you could not see them from the phone. The inconsistency is a little odd.

I also did not realise you couldn't read the posts

The whole concept of "public shaming" is asinine IMHO
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    kmccann357 wrote: »
    Ugh, It just makes me feel worse about myself. 5ft 7in, 150lbs section (the only one that showed an image despite me being 155), 34 hips, small top... only a few photo's.. need to lose a lot more weight!

I'm smaller and lighter than you (5ft5 and 131lbs) and I have 38inch hips, which I love. My husband would divorce me if my bum got much smaller!
  • Sued0nim
    edited March 2015
    kmccann357 wrote: »
    Ugh, It just makes me feel worse about myself. 5ft 7in, 150lbs section (the only one that showed an image despite me being 155), 34 hips, small top... only a few photo's.. need to lose a lot more weight!

I'm smaller and lighter than you (5ft5 and 131lbs) and I have 38inch hips, which I love. My husband would divorce me if my bum got much smaller!

Taller and heavier (5'8, 163lbs) and LOL my husband is also expressing concern at my 38" hips :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    I've put a few pics on there as I've lost weight but haven't done so recently. The one thing I find curious is the body shape thing. It seems like no one wants to claim being an apple.

Ha that's what I thought too. So many non-hourglasses in the hourglass section.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Has anyone else had a look at their size on mybodygallery.com. If so what did they think? I was pleasantly surprised by putting in my figures. I still want to lose weight, but it made me realise my figure is not as bad as I think it is.

I just looked at it and contributed. I did a search with their criteria and think I look a lot better than the results I saw with the same criteria.
  • Sued0nim
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    I've put a few pics on there as I've lost weight but haven't done so recently. The one thing I find curious is the body shape thing. It seems like no one wants to claim being an apple.

Ha that's what I thought too. So many non-hourglasses in the hourglass section.

What constitutes an hourglass then?

I thought it was balanced hips and boobs and a waist 10" smaller than hips ...is that right ?
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    aggelikik wrote: »
    I do not really understand what this site proves? That people of similar weight, height and body type look more or less the same? Isn't it like looking in the mirror?

I can't speak for anyone else, but for the most part, I see in the mirror what I expect to see. If I'm in a good mood, I can look great. If I'm not, I zero in on every lump, bump, roll and flaw and feel like an exploded tube of Pillsbury Dough. I also can't see myself from every angle in most mirrors.

Personally, I'd rather go by my own progress photos, but it's still interesting to see unedited photos for a change.