IT could be your last MEAL!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You are all up way past your bed times heh? I'm in Australia and I usually hate this time of day because the forums are so quiet. I wanted to thank y'all for keeping me entertained :smile:

Doing anything I can for you
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    You are all up way past your bed times heh? I'm in Australia and I usually hate this time of day because the forums are so quiet. I wanted to thank y'all for keeping me entertained :smile:

Doing anything I can for you

hehe why thankya :smile: it's 4pm Sunday afternoon here.

• BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Its after midnight in Texas. I have no beer!

But you have to have guns right?

Well yeah, I AM a Texan after all.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    apple173 wrote: »

I was once in a position of being told that I was going to die.

Do tell

Well, to make a very long story short, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. I had a craniotomy 11 years ago tomorrow. When my neurosurgeon first identified what was going on, he said said "this is likely going to take your life." Ceviche was the first thing that popped into my head. I had lots of deeper thoughts in the minutes that followed, but the first thing was being sad that I had been too busy to eat one of my favorite (healthy) foods.

I wasn't allowed to eat again for the next 12 days. It was several months before I got my ceviche.

Thank goodness it was caught early.

Oh, it wasn't. It ruptured on a Friday morning. I didn't even get to the hospital until Saturday afternoon.

Instead of falling over dead like a sensible person, I kept teaching. Then, the next day, I drove to a clinic...and then drove myself to a hospital--almost an hour away, on the freeway. It's almost a miracle that I didn't die or kill someone else.

*will stop hijacking the thread now*
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Do tell

Well, to make a very long story short, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. I had a craniotomy 11 years ago tomorrow. When my neurosurgeon first identified what was going on, he said said "this is likely going to take your life." Ceviche was the first thing that popped into my head. I had lots of deeper thoughts in the minutes that followed, but the first thing was being sad that I had been too busy to eat one of my favorite (healthy) foods.

I wasn't allowed to eat again for the next 12 days. It was several months before I got my ceviche.

Oh, it wasn't. It ruptured on a Friday morning. I didn't even get to the hospital until Saturday afternoon.

Instead of falling over dead like a sensible person, I kept teaching. Then, the next day, I drove to a clinic...and then drove myself to a hospital--almost an hour away, on the freeway. It's almost a miracle that I didn't die or kill someone else.

You're a tough nut.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options

It's only 10:30pm here in California
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

Do tell

You're a tough nut.

No kidding!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    gavacho661 wrote: »
    I agree that we should eat good and satisfying food.

At the same time, food should not be used as a reward. We are not "treating" ourselves by eating whatever we want, whenever we want--really, that is self-abuse. It's pretty normal in US culture, but it isn't a good thing. If food is a very large percentage of the pleasure that you have in your life, that's something to re-evaluate.

On an entirely unrelated note, I HATE the word Gavacho/a. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Sorry gavacho661...I don't understand why anyone would ever call himself this!

Hmmm.....well, I also didn't like it at first. But to be quite honest it was used as a term of endearment in my case. The same Mexican family I married into had nicknames like Gordo, which you know what that means, yet also a term of endearment within a family. I'm divorced from this woman 5 years ago and currently closer to them than my own blood ties. Still call me that and many peoe have nicknames that at a time were offensive or just didn't like but after time it becomes something many in that situation come embrace nicknames they once hated. Also I been called worse and didn't care. Not sure why you do.

Oh, I see. You took something negative and turned it around. :)

I find the word VERY racist. It's also something I get called a lot, and not as a term of endearment. I am a blond, light-skinned, non-Mexican Latina. I live in a very Mexican area. People are not always so nice about this. I would rather be called Gorda any day, but I am not fat enough anymore!
  • Christine_72
    Options

That's usually past my bedtime lol

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options

I wish! I usually don't get to bed until 1am and asleep between 2-3am
  • ncboiler89
    Options

For the love of God that is only mid-afternoon for you. What time do you go to bed?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    We have a tv in our bedroom, I usually head in around 7-7:30, snuggle in and watch my shows. So much more comfy than the couch, although sometimes it's a trap as I nod off sooner and wake up way too early! !
  • gavacho661
    Options
    gavacho661 wrote: »
    I agree that we should eat good and satisfying food.

At the same time, food should not be used as a reward. We are not "treating" ourselves by eating whatever we want, whenever we want--really, that is self-abuse. It's pretty normal in US culture, but it isn't a good thing. If food is a very large percentage of the pleasure that you have in your life, that's something to re-evaluate.

On an entirely unrelated note, I HATE the word Gavacho/a. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Sorry gavacho661...I don't understand why anyone would ever call himself this!

Hmmm.....well, I also didn't like it at first. But to be quite honest it was used as a term of endearment in my case. The same Mexican family I married into had nicknames like Gordo, which you know what that means, yet also a term of endearment within a family. I'm divorced from this woman 5 years ago and currently closer to them than my own blood ties. Still call me that and many peoe have nicknames that at a time were offensive or just didn't like but after time it becomes something many in that situation come embrace nicknames they once hated. Also I been called worse and didn't care. Not sure why you do.

Oh, I see. You took something negative and turned it around. :)

I find the word VERY racist. It's also something I get called a lot, and not as a term of endearment. I am a blond, light-skinned, non-Mexican Latina. I live in a very Mexican area. People are not always so nice about this. I would rather be called Gorda any day, but I am not fat enough anymore!

Lol.... hey that's a great claim to be able to make. Good for you.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    People go to bed before midnight on Saturdays?

• ncboiler89
    Options

What time zone you in honey?
  • azulvioleta6
    edited March 2015
    Options

What time zone you in honey?

GMT -7 with DST, or GMT -8 on Standard Time (aka West Coast of US)