If you miss pizza, this is a great substitute.

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if i want pizza ill have pizza LOL

that might work if you simply couldnt get any pizza.

maybe.

no, its probably just make me mad. LOL

in all seriousness im sure its fine and for a lot of people, just what they are looking for. However, for ME, the calorie difference between that and REAL pizza isn't that large LOL

If it's so close to pizza why would you be mad?

Seriously, why is everyone so upset over a recipe?

did i say i was mad?

<<checks post>>

nope.

and ive lost 30 pounds since january so whatever im doing (including eating the occasional slice or 3 of pizza) is working.

carry on.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    lauraldrum wrote: »
    I just made a SUPER yummy cauliflower pizza! Way less carbs! I've got lots of other recipes up here too: ... ]

de7e652f509899cde0d0c83be4ca8259.jpg

giphy.gif
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Then this is for you!

This is great because it is low calorie. It is 172 calories with pepperoni, 155 calories without.

-1 Market Pantry Carb conscious tortilla 80 Calories

-1 1/4 cup Uncle Steve's arrabiata tomato sauce ( 31 grams if using scale) 30 Calories

-1 1/4 cup fat free Kraft Mozzarella shredded (or 28 grams if you are using a scale) 45 Calories

-optional- Hormel's Turkey Pepperoni, 5 pieces about 17 calories.

Remember to toast the tortilla by itself for about 5 minutes on 350 degrees in conventional over. For more accurate results for sauce and cheese calorie count make sure to use food scale.

Thank you for sharing, it sounds great. I'll have to try it sometime.
  • jzjzjzjz
    jzjzjzjz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the same recipe. The pesto tortilla bread is just delectable.
  • mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pizza Natzi's who knew... Sorry you are being attacked. Any topic on low sugar, fad diets, helpful tips and now even pizza will bring out the worst in obsessive MFPer's. I stick to google when I have questions. Google doesn't attack me. ;)

Edit-I saw someone attacked a few weeks ago on a thread about arthritis and diets to battle inflammation. When you have R/A, you will try just about anything to help with the symptoms. She was eaten alive because she was trying a low carb (certain carby foods are thought to increase inflammation) diet.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Pizza Natzi's who knew... Sorry you are being attacked. Any topic on low sugar, fad diets, helpful tips and now even pizza will bring out the worst in obsessive MFPer's. I stick to google when I have questions. Google doesn't attack me. ;)

calls everyone natzis and then complains about people attacking....totally legit...
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

A6H1A9rhetsXK.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I fail to see how anyone here is attacking.

Having an opinion or reaction is not attacking. No one personally offended or insulted the OP. They just had other ideas for pizza.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Will anyone provide the Cauliflower Pizza crust recipe, please?
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You can also make individual pizza with an English muffin half and what ever toppings you like. It's a little like deep dish pizza. I got the recipe from a friend who was on weight watchers.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    if i want pizza ill have pizza LOL

that might work if you simply couldnt get any pizza.

maybe.

no, its probably just make me mad. LOL

in all seriousness im sure its fine and for a lot of people, just what they are looking for. However, for ME, the calorie difference between that and REAL pizza isn't that large LOL

If it's so close to pizza why would you be mad?

Seriously, why is everyone so upset over a recipe?

did i say i was mad?

<<checks post>>

nope.

and ive lost 30 pounds since january so whatever im doing (including eating the occasional slice or 3 of pizza) is working.

carry on.

"no, its probably just make me mad. LOL"

Congrats on your loss!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    spicy618 wrote: »
    Will anyone provide the Cauliflower Pizza crust recipe, please?

If you run a search on here you will find a ton of threads about Cauliflower Pizza. You also may want to try Pinterest to get a bunch of different options.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    You can also make individual pizza with an English muffin half and what ever toppings you like. It's a little like deep dish pizza. I got the recipe from a friend who was on weight watchers.

I loooove english muffins, i have them everyday
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The tortilla in the recipe has 16g carbs, 10g fiber so only 6 net carbs. And that's for the whole pizza. Judging by the entries in the MFP database, this is comparable or less than cauliflower pizza crust.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    hj127 wrote: »
    why are so many of y'all so mean, she was just providing a recipe, YOU CAME TO THIS THREAD, she didn't force you to read her recipe OR make it...as far as I'm concerned she was trying to be helpful and so many people here are just plain RUDE

if you don't like the recipe or want your full-calorie "normal" pizza go ahead! It's your prerogative. But no need to trash her recipe it's not like any of you even tried it so CHILL OUT maybe the people hating on this really do need to eat something

@hj127‌ thank you!

And some of these people are the same people that post threads or statuses wondering why the scale isn't moving or inches aren't being lost -___- It is what it is. I know many people whether they posted here or not, will enjoy and benefit from the recipe and that gives me satisfaction :)

Child please.

I have lost 72 pounds so far eating pizza that I make myself 2-3 times a month. Your insinuation is ignorant and ruder than any other post in this entire thread.

So you keep eating your tortillas and calling them pizza and I'll keep eating real pizza and losing weight.

Good for you, losing that much! I've lost a bit myself, doing what works for ME.

Not everyone wants to make themselves a pizza or order takeout pizza. Some just want a lighter alternative but we should just do it your way cause it's the only right way, yeah? LOL

Rude and ignorant? Dramatic much?

Thank you, I will :)

I'm not really a dramatic person. Implying that people that eat real pizza can't lose weight and then whine about - it's rude. It's also ignorant.

I'm not the one implying that my way is the only way - you've got that part covered. I just prefer real pizza to substitutes. I shared a good recipe to help people that feel the same.

So basically I did exactly what you did, but without the rude comments.

Huh.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I just made a SUPER yummy cauliflower pizza! Way less carbs! I've got lots of other recipes up here too: https://www.facebook.com/thefoodistachronicles

The tortilla in the recipe has 16g carbs, 10g fiber so only 6 net carbs. And that's for the whole pizza. Judging by the entries in the MFP database, this is comparable or less than cauliflower pizza crust.
    And I think I'd take a tortilla pizza any day over a cauliflower frittata topped with pizza sauce and cheese.

Since we are talking alternatives, someone posted a middle eastern bread I've never heard of that they use as crust. I need to find some of that (it's called lavash bread).
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big pizza eater, but I have'd it a few times during my weight loss, it never stalled my weigh loss!! Lost 121 pounds!!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Edit-I saw someone attacked a few weeks ago on a thread about arthritis and diets to battle inflammation. When you have R/A, you will try just about anything to help with the symptoms. She was eaten alive because she was trying a low carb (certain carby foods are thought to increase inflammation) diet.

If you're seriously going to compare people to freaking Nazi's - spell it right. I'm not even a picky speller, but since you Godwin'd the thread, I'm gonna say something.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I just made a SUPER yummy cauliflower pizza! Way less carbs! I've got lots of other recipes up here too: https://www.facebook.com/thefoodistachronicles

And I think I'd take a tortilla pizza any day over a cauliflower frittata topped with pizza sauce and cheese.

Since we are talking alternatives, someone posted a middle eastern bread I've never heard of that they use as crust. I need to find some of that (it's called lavash bread).

Naan works well too, though it's not exactly low calorie. But it is tasty if you just want a quick premade crust.
This discussion has been closed.