My Husband!.... NOT ATTRACTED TO ME!

Options
Fat2Fit145
Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Well... I never thought I'd be here...ALREADY!. Ive been married for almost 5 months. This weekend I saw my husband talking to another female on his phone about our sex life. He told her he was not physically attracted to me. He also told her he is attracted to her... his exact words TO HER, "i'm attracted to u". I'm devastated and really cant believe i'm experiencing this already. It is the MOST hurtful thing EVER!. I admit I have put on a few more pounds since we got married, HE HAS as well. And I have taken note of it and started exercising. Sadly , on one end I cant blame him for not being attracted to me, I am not even attracted to myself. I HATEEE What I see in the mirror. Im not sure what hurts the most, the fact that I think he is justified in not being attracted to me, or that he is not, and is attracted to another woman. This hurts super bad!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a real dweeb. What are his attractive qualities? Does he have any?
  • Fat2Fit145
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    He sounds like a real dweeb. What are his attractive qualities? Does he have any?

Nice butt, slim waist.... everything im not.... the thing is, I was never like that though. So I guess I was fooled all along.

• Elijah_Bates
    Elijah_Bates Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry but your husband seems like a jerk. He should be supportive to you and give you nice compliments. Love you inside and out.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    How much weight could have increased in 5 months?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I think this has a lot more to do with him, than it does with your weight. If he's talking to other women that way, this is a problem that a gym won't fix. I would address it with him ASAP and figure out what you both need to do to move forward (either together or alone).
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    Sorry but your husband seems like a jerk. He should be supportive to you and give you nice compliments. Love you inside and out.

Thanks so much. I even tried to get him to exercise with me, as I go longer when I have someone with me. He did it a few times.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I gained about 10 pounds. I was 185 around our wedding. the scale said 196.5 this morning
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Why did you get married to him? How long had you been together before? You never noticed how shallow he was?
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    10 is nothing. i suspect there are deeper issues your husband of only 5 months has......
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I think this has a lot more to do with him, than it does with your weight. If he's talking to other women that way, this is a problem that a gym won't fix. I would address it with him ASAP and figure out what you both need to do to move forward (either together or alone).

I agree..... I feel like i made the biggest mistake of my life. Never knew my husband was like this. I'm still in shock a little. In that moment I realized something is definitely wrong with him. But its still hard to not internalize it and feel hurt.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Your weight doesn't sound like the issue.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sorry your husband is such a jerk. This has nothing to do with the 10lbs you gained since getting married 5 months ago, this is the fact that he is a jerk and honestly you need to talk to him about what you heard him say and figure things out and decide if you want to stay with him, it's honestly better to find out now than years down the road.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    Fat2Fit145 wrote: »

Nice butt, slim waist.... everything im not.... the thing is, I was never like that though. So I guess I was fooled all along.

She was asking about HIS qualities, not the other woman's.

Talk to him, not a forum full of strangers.
    Get a marriage counselor or pastor/rabbi/shaman/etc if needed.
    Or a divorce lawyer.

Oh, he is very handsome, women are attracted to him all the time. His is slim and tall. He has gotten a little punch since we got married.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I gained about 10 pounds. I was 185 around our wedding. the scale said 196.5 this morning

It can be a lot depending on weight distributions. You didn't gain a lot IMO. What does he expect when you get pregnant if that is the plan? This is a very serious issue and I put more blame on him too.
  • Fat2Fit145
    edited March 2015
    Options

Or a divorce lawyer.

and I did speak to him. Talking to stranger is a way to hear others opinions as sometimes during emotional times your judgment can be clouded.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I agree - the issue really isn't your weight. And he shouldn't have married you if he wasn't attracted to you :( I'm sorry you're going through this. It's time to have a serious talk.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    Why did you get married to him? How long had you been together before? You never noticed how shallow he was?

Actually, I just felt he loved me. Its questionable now. We were together 4 years before marriage. But I think I saw the signs, I just was an idiot an ignored it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

I agree..... I feel like i made the biggest mistake of my life. Never knew my husband was like this. I'm still in shock a little. In that moment I realized something is definitely wrong with him. But its still hard to not internalize it and feel hurt.

I totally understand. I wish there was a magic pill we could take to not blame ourselves for other people's stuff. It's not easy. But you can't let him make you feel like you are the one who is wrong, when he is clearly in the wrong. 10lbs gain is not as noticeable as one would think. Certainly not enough for someone to do a 180 on you.

There's a bigger issue here. How old are you? Are there children involved?
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options

Or a divorce lawyer.

and I did speak to him. Talking to stranger is a way to hear others opinions as sometimes during emotional times your judgment can be clouded.

Believe we can empathize how you feel. It's not clouded in negative way. I say negative because you are the most important priority.