Sweets! How to kick the cravings!

Options
13»

Replies

• BurnFat2day
    BurnFat2day Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I prepare my own sweetened frozen strawberries. I buy a large bag of unsweetened frozen strawberries and put them in a bowl, drizzle with 2 TBSP of Agave Nectar, cover and leave out on the counter for 2-4 hours. It makes it's own syrup, low in glycemic index and has all the nutrition.
    1. Night Snack-It put it on No Fat Plain Greek yogurt with 2 TBSP of low fat apple-blueberry granola. (you can also use all fruit in your yogurt)
    2. (I use the sweetener Stevia - Zero calories and No chemicals to sweeten my yogurt) I stay away from Splenda.
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I "need" dessert every night, really trying to limit sugar, (not eliminate), so we have strawberries & blueberries w/ low fat cool whip on top. The berries are really good for you, & since I don't live in Califirnia, the strawberries need the sweetness of the cool whip.
  • armyconnie
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese mixed with pineapple, apple slices with peanut butter, or I like dried pineapple chunks from our local Fresh Market. Awesome health minded, organic store. Get lots of goodies there without breaking the bank calories wise. :)
  • thegentlenurse
    Options
    I love lowfat ricotta cheese with frozen mixed berries with a tbsp of honey.thinking about it i want some.
  • katiedoud2011
    katiedoud2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried something tonight, mixed 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 4 tsp cheesecake pudding mix and sprinkled some pecans on top. Tasted just like cheesecake (same texture too) without all the guilt.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I tried something tonight, mixed 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 4 tsp cheesecake pudding mix and sprinkled some pecans on top. Tasted just like cheesecake (same texture too) without all the guilt.

how many cals in the cheesecake pudding mix?
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a slippery slope. I am an addict. I only eat whole fruit. If I eat a little sugar, it wakes up the craving beast inside! :#
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm Puerto Rican and that OJ and milk drink was totally made in my house. My brother loved it, but I hated it. I never really liked cow milk or the creamsicle taste.
  • LilyBentley2013
    LilyBentley2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can slowly make replacements here and there and soon you will have them a lot less. I used to kill 5 cans of mountain dew a day, along with juices, milk, etcetera. Now I can't even deal with diet sodas, they all taste wrong. I can do milk and flavored seltzer water in small doses. I've kicked myself over to cut my carbs a bit. FOrmerly did Atkins proper but it made me all sorts of carb rage, but 50-100 gives me enough where I feel good and not alienating to others about eating with them so I can have a social life. The other day I had raspberries for my sweet cravings, and that was good enough. More than a bar's worth of chocolate and I want to throw up and feel awful now.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Popsicle brand popsicles 15 calories and 4 carbs in one popsicle. The sugar alcohol has not affected me if you know what I mean.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    These are my favs, about 90 calories for two.....

Mash two VERY ripe bananas in a bowl (think dark brown/blackish peels). Mix in one cup quick oats and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Place tablespoonfuls on a lightly greased baking sheet (I use a coconut oil spray) and bake on 350 for about 15 minutes. They are awesome right out of the oven. I freeze the remaining "cookies" and when I need a sweet treat, I pop two in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
  • ckweller
    ckweller Posts: 2
    Options
    I would increase your protein intake. I was extremely addicted to sugar and slightly lowering my carbs and increasing my lean protein cured my addiction within days. I still eat sweets but I can now limit them to a healthy amount, I never feel deprived so I can stop without going overboard by telling myself if I want some treats tomorrow I can have them.
  • ckweller
    ckweller Posts: 2
    Options
    If I do have a really bad craving and I'm at my carb/fat limit for the day I will put a few drops of DoTERRA Slim N Sassy essential oil blend under my tongue. The grapefruit revs up your metabolism and the mint suppresses your appetite while calming your digestive system. Works like a charm and it's easy to carry on the go.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Let me start by telling you I work in a chocolate factory......so this is a REAL issue for me......lol

My tip when I did this MFP stuff the last time (5 yrs ago...lost 5stone)...my trick was to suck on a mint.....personally I do not like mints with chocolate...its not the same as a mint choc.....so I would have a pack of polo in my pocket at all times (at work obviously) then if I felt the need to have a sweet....which is sooo easy to do for the full 9 hrs of my shift...lol....I would pop in a polo.....this stopped me eating 1 / 2 or 3 choc in one go......(who could eat 1 if there are a bazillion of them in front of you......has anyone in the history of the world ever opened a box of chocs and only eaten 1.......lol.....).....

For me the mints are much less than the sweets.....a full pack of mint is 152 cals.....3 sweets are 100 cals.....I could eat 30 chocs in a night without thinking about it.....lol......so 152 is better than 1000 anyday for me....but I would not usually finish the mints.....so even better....this helped me massively.....

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello! Seriously? 10 calories for a half cup (so I have a whole cup!). And then I add light Cool Whip, I can have a big delish treat that tastes like loads of sugar for 50 calories!

Oddly enough, I usually don't eat "fake" food. (I hesitate to say clean, but I really am into eating food that I make from real ingredients)... BUT, this trick has really made a big difference in my "need" for dessert!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I still eat a lot of ice cream/gelato since you can find lower calorie options from Edy's, Turkey Hill, & Breyers for the days you don't have enough calories to enjoy Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Dazs, or Talenti.

I also like the new Yoplait Greek 100 Calorie Whips (Vanilla Cupcake, Lemon Meringue, Blueberry, Raspberry, & Black Cherry)

A rice cake with some kind of nut butter. My favorites at the moment are MaraNatha Almond Caramel Butter (especially when it's been in the fridge), Lotus European Biscoff Cookie Spread Creamy or Crunchy, White Chocolate Wonderful, & MaraNatha Maple Almond Butter with Molasses.

Quest Bar

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & White Chocolate Raspberry are my favorites at the moment. S'Mores, Brownie, & Cookies & Cream are ok.