My partner's sweet tooth problem - he is making me eat more than I should!

Options
124»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You haven't mentioned how you feel because you don't think he will like it? What's the point of having a life partner if we can't have an earnest conversation? Here's how to do it.

At a peaceful moment NOT when he is offering you a treat, let him know that it is not a kindness or act of love to offer you half. Suggest different ways he can show his love and kindness not related to food.

Then, the next time he offers, politely say "no thanks".

The treats in the shopping cart are for my chocoholic hubby, not for me. LOL. I'll still have one here and there but I don't need sweets every day. That's my tastes.

I had to laugh. In 28 years of marriage, I had this type of "chat" with my Italian husband hundreds of times. He always agreed completely with me, and was very sincere. The next time we went out to dinner--back to "offering, more like insisting" that I eat half of this or that. I was always astounded. How could he do that? Just totally forget our little discussion? He would offer a cookie to his mother and if she refused, he'd break it in half and just casually place it near her plate. She ate it every time. What a character! :)