Would YOU exercise on your birthday?

Options

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Depends on what day my b-day falls on - if it's a rest day, then probably not, but yes, I usually workout on my birthday - leaves room for extra celebrating! B) Plus if it's a run day, my Nike app gives me an "extra frosting" birthday badge when I'm done. It's the little things... :smiley:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    Fayeworth wrote: »
    So a week on Thursday is my birthday and I usually get up at 5.15am for an hour spin class at 6.30am which I really enjoy. However some people have said I should give it a rest as it's my birthday, especially as I go to the gym/pool 6/7 days a week. Is it alright for me to go as usual or does it make me "sad" for going?
    Eh, the significance is it being another year added on from your birth, but from a physiological standpoint, the body view's it as another day to survive. So yes, I still would work out. In fact on my birthday in January, I went and jumped on the highest box jump in our gym to make sure I could still do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i took a rest day on my birthday just because thats how my training plan worked out. i had a half marathon three days after though.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Why not? I did, because I knew I wouldn't want to the day after. ;)
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Depends on what day my b-day falls on - if it's a rest day, then probably not, but yes, I usually workout on my birthday - leaves room for extra celebrating! B) Plus if it's a run day, my Nike app gives me an "extra frosting" birthday badge when I'm done. It's the little things... :smiley:

THAT would be major motivation for me to run on my birthday!!! :smile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Contrary03 wrote: »
    Funny you should ask,.. my birthday is today and yes, i plan to:)

Happy birthday.

My birthday is in a couple of weeks. I'll be at the gym, barring injury or some other important reason for me to not be there.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My birthday falls on Friday next week. It's my rest day, though. However, I will be working out Saturday & Sunday. Maybe not Saturday morning, but I'm going. On Friday, I have a two hour deep tissue massage scheduled instead.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on a Wednesday this year, so I'll be at the gym.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Would I go to the gym? Probably not, since I don't enjoy going to gyms. Would I go to a class I enjoyed or do my usual exercise with my dogs/goats (as in walking them or cleaning their yard and cutting brush for them)? Yes, of course. As other people have said, exercise isn't evil and it gives me the excuse to have guilt-free birthday treats.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have exercised on other peoples birthdays. We once gave my nan the bumps on her 99th which broke me out in a sweat.
  • kimbalion23
    kimbalion23 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My daughter's birthday is next Saturday. Her marathon training plan has her running 13 miles. She just asked me if she could do 18 instead, since it will be her 18th birthday.

Do what you want on your birthday.
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it then why not?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Since I will be at work anyway on my birthday, yeah, I will probably go the gym here and work out during lunch like I usually do. Can't really think of a better gift to give myself than the gift of health.
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Normally, sure I'd probably work out on my birthday. I mean, why not if I can. Probably would have to be in the morning though, as the will to work out would wane by the evening.

Hmm...I think this year I won't be able to. My birthday is the second day of a Marvel Movie Marathon at our local theater and I plan on spending the entire day gorging on popcorn and waiting for Avengers Age of Ultron to premiere that night. I'll be there the night before for three movies, and my whole birthday from 4am to 10pm. I'm going to gain 6 glorious sodium bloat pounds and have an incredibly sore backside.

Best part? I get a medal for finishing all the movies!! So it's just like running!
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    absolutely
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Fayeworth wrote: »
    So a week on Thursday is my birthday and I usually get up at 5.15am for an hour spin class at 6.30am which I really enjoy. However some people have said I should give it a rest as it's my birthday, especially as I go to the gym/pool 6/7 days a week. Is it alright for me to go as usual or does it make me "sad" for going?

I was so proud to post that at 55 years of age i spent the morning of my birthday pouring myself into a tough 90 minute work out....yay for me! It was my birthday gift to myself!

• kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My birthday is tomorrow. I shall do my 5x5 workout ( I look forward to my weightlifting time) and then drive to my mom's house and go out for the day. I probably will do some cardio to counter balance the excess calories I probably will consume :smiley: . People who view exercise as a dreaded punishment will view working out as sad, but it's not punishment to workout! Enjoy the day doing as you wish :)
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Why would you neglect to do something that makes you feel better about yourself, especially on the day that you should feel good about yourself? Do it!
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I would still exercise. But that's just because I LOVE walking and riding my bicycle. So its not so much exercise for me anymore. I litterally do it for fun.
  • Fayeworth
    Fayeworth Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot for all the comments and happy birthday those who have them today or in the next week :-)