Yep, for the extra calories. ;)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Sure, I enjoy exercising.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My birthday was in February and on that day I ran 10K then had a McDonald's breakfast. Perfect way to start the day.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    During my divorce, when I was working two jobs, going to grad school, dealing with an alcoholic husband and raising three children ... for my September birthday, all I wanted was to run. But I couldn't find the time to get more than a couple miles in. My mother took my kids and pushed me out the door for one of the most memorable runs of my life. I ran through the college and Colonial Williamsburg with no one looking for me and no responsibilities. I'll never forget that gift from my mother. Now (years later, remarried, much calmer life) ... my mom gives me something running-related every birthday - a race entry fee or money for new shoes.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The only reason I could think of for it being "sad" is if you'd refused to go on a planned birthday day out or something in order to exercise instead because you were scared to miss a workout. Otherwise, it's your birthday, do what makes you happy!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Gotta make room for cake!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    yes, i would exercise on my birthday.

my birthday happens to be a rest day this year. i will probably go cycling if the weather is nice..and then game of thrones premier.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Proper sad.....
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a debbie downer here for a second...

I delivered a stillborn baby on my birthday. THAT is sad. Working out and feeling good because you like it on your birthday is not sad at all. Have fun!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I usually book vacation on my birthday, so I'm usually on a beach being active. Do what you like to do.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I am going to do more exercising on my birthday than most days.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Do you what you want. If it makes you "sad" in the eyes of others, that is their problem, not yours. You can't please everyone. Please yourself.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Opinions are like...well you know the rest. Go exercise and enjoy your birthday. :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    absolutely, i did. your birthday is for you, not other people, if working out makes you feel good, do it
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yes I did last year and will do most years unless it's on a work day (12.5hr shift) or a day I don't train (mainly saturdays). In fact I'm doing a marathon on my birthday this year.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I worked 13 hours on my birthday this year, i'd rather go to the gym
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Depends on what day it falls on. If it's part of the routine, it stays there.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hell *kitten* yeah I love this!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    The best thing you could do for yourself is to work out on your birthday. <3:)B):o<3
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends what else I have going on that day but I enjoy lifting so I would actually be stoked if I was able to fit in a heavy lifting session that day.
    If I don't have too much other stuff going on (mine's in December so there's a good chance I may be hunting in the morning and partying in the evening) I can totally see myself rearranging my workout schedule to put chest day on my birthday.