Would YOU exercise on your birthday?

Options

Replies

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I remember running a race on my birthday, a 5k for cross country... I had PRd that day, and I enjoyed it sloop much. Planning on getting my running back up to par, and signing up for some fall/birthday races myself! Do whatever makes you happy! Happy birthday!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I would, and do. Just another day and it makes me feel better to have it out of the way and done for the day. I go to the gym very early.

Do what works for you, and makes you happy on your birthday.
  • kmarc33
    kmarc33 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not only should you go but I usually "guilt trip" my wife/kids to going with me. It's *my* birthday and for my present we're all going hiking in the park, or a long walk through the neighborhood. I don't need another shirt, but a hike and a nice meal with my family is the present that I ask for every year. ;-)
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Do what you want, it's your birthday. If you enjoy it, why not? Now if you wake up and just don't feel it, that's fine too. It's about what you want to do.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My Birthday falls on a Friday this year, so I will be getting up at the usual 5.45am to do my workout before work. I will then eat back all the lovely extra cals I have burned and feel good about myself in the process...
    Do what you want to do and what feels right. There is no definitive answer - you have to look inside to work this one out...
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love trail running on my birthday.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I love my spin classes too so would definitely do it. Plus there's more calories for my birthday dinner later!

And I disagree about being under 10 for your birthday to count-my phone number is my birthday! All hail me on that day!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yes - I LOVE to exercise. I do it because it's fun and feels great, not because I have to. Get out there and spin!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I did last week!!! Great way to start a Birthday
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I usually take the day off from work and have a "me" day. Most likely that means I'm going to the gym at some point.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yes, so I can eat more :D

Hahaha this :)

I didn't exercise on my birthday last year, but I usually do. The year before I was pregnant and actually had my 12 week scan on my birthday, then I went to a PT session.

My husband and I share a birthday :)
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Fayeworth wrote: »
    So a week on Thursday is my birthday and I usually get up at 5.15am for an hour spin class at 6.30am which I really enjoy. However some people have said I should give it a rest as it's my birthday, especially as I go to the gym/pool 6/7 days a week. Is it alright for me to go as usual or does it make me "sad" for going?

Why wouldn't you go? It is your day. Do what you want not what you think others might do.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Why not go? It's just another day, that you happened to be born on. Plus, if you go get in a really good workout, you won't feel guilty enjoying some special food/dessert that day :-)
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask,.. my birthday is today and yes, i plan to:)
  • chetvr
    chetvr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If it's what you want to do, then do it. If you don't, don't. My birthday is New Years Eve and everyone wants to party! I also always take the day off, so I have plenty of time to workout!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    For my birthday last year I went for a seven mile trail run because a) I love it and b) birthday pizza and beer!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I would love to exercise on my birthday, but I don't expect it will happen. Mine is on Sunday. With church in the morning, my sister taking me to lunch, and then choir practice and church in the evening, there isn't much time.
  • gongol07
    gongol07 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes! Of course. It's a great way to start your day and makes you feel amazing, so, why wouldn't you want to feel amazing on your birthday?!

Mind you, I have to confess to not doing anything on my birthday this year because I was too hungover from the night before!!
  • honeybee_kisses
    honeybee_kisses Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would have no problems working out on my birthday. I probably won't get chance this year as it's my 30th and I know my sister is taking me out for the day to get our hair and nails done and then I'll be having a night out. But I might try and squeeze in a quick workout in the morning even though I know it won't make a dent in all the calories I'll consume that day!