Would YOU exercise on your birthday?

Options
So a week on Thursday is my birthday and I usually get up at 5.15am for an hour spin class at 6.30am which I really enjoy. However some people have said I should give it a rest as it's my birthday, especially as I go to the gym/pool 6/7 days a week. Is it alright for me to go as usual or does it make me "sad" for going?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hell yes
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it's just another day .. unless you're under 10 in which case the entire world grounds to a halt

and anyway I enjoy exercising
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Yes, I signed up for a 5k on my birthday (and didn't get to do it due to injury - I cried from disappointment)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Yes, so I can eat more :D
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people think? It's your birthday, you do what YOU want. If that's spin class, have fun. If it's staying sleeping in, enjoy.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Just a regular day.

Maybe if you hated exercise. But if you hated it why are you doing it in the first place? Find something you enjoy.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it, definitely go. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks.
  • Socialwacker
    Socialwacker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You have 24 hours to celebrate your birthday! Be good to yourself and enjoy the routine you have worked hard to establish - then bring on the cake!! Happy birthday
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know I'm generally pretty miserable if I miss a workout - so yes. I do.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I exercise almost everyday even if it is my birthday. On my last my birthday I took a six mile hike on a trail along a nature preserve with my buddies. A great way to spend the day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fayeworth wrote: »
    So a week on Thursday is my birthday and I usually get up at 5.15am for an hour spin class at 6.30am which I really enjoy. However some people have said I should give it a rest as it's my birthday, especially as I go to the gym/pool 6/7 days a week. Is it alright for me to go as usual or does it make me "sad" for going?

why do you care what other people think? do what you want to do.

i just looked in my diary and last year i went for a 2 and a half mile run, and the year before i did Insanity Power and Resistance workout...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    it's just another day .. unless you're under 10 in which case the entire world grounds to a halt

and anyway I enjoy exercising

<3
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people have such negative feelings about "diet" and exercise that they assume you're lying to yourself when you say you enjoy it. If it makes you happy, do it!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Why overthink this? Do what YOU want. You don't have to exercise if you want to take a rest day, it won't set you back. If you treat it like any other day, then exercise...
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes. If i recall properly i did it last year, unless of course something unexpected occurs, e.g. surprise dinner etc.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it why the hell not? You never know, they might spin to "Happy Birthday" for you. :smiley:
  • flissy5
    flissy5 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    100% yes! It doesn't make you strange or odd.
  • LCSoulkat
    LCSoulkat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hell Yes I would...then maybe go for a Sushi buffet B)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    tomorrow for me and yes!