Plank challenge

Options

Replies

• dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    ok so i was gonna start last week but my shoulder was still playing up, (rotator cuff) i know im well behind you guys but am gonna give it a go>>>> you are all doing great...
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Done. Hey, where is everyone? :) If I--a somewhat overweight/not physically fit person--can do this, you can too!!! It feels great to know you are improving at something, even something small. :):):)
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So the goal is to only hold for 4 minutes?
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    OK. 2m 50s done. It was quite a bit more difficult today--almost gave in!

Glad you didn't give in. I made a minute thirty seconds tonight. The struggle is real
    dawniemate wrote: »
    ok so i was gonna start last week but my shoulder was still playing up, (rotator cuff) i know im well behind you guys but am gonna give it a go>>>> you are all doing great...

Be careful and listen to your body. It's great to have you! Push push push!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Done. Hey, where is everyone? :) If I--a somewhat overweight/not physically fit person--can do this, you can too!!! It feels great to know you are improving at something, even something small. :):):)

I'm here! I'm ready for two minutes tonight!!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Holly92154 wrote: »
    So the goal is to only hold for 4 minutes?

Yuppers by the end of the 30 days a four minute plank is the prize! Today is day 18.
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Made it 2 mins! That's the kind of pain that feels good!
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    3 m 5 s. Definitely getting more difficult--ouch! We're near a rest day, right?!?!!!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    3 m 5 s. Definitely getting more difficult--ouch! We're near a rest day, right?!?!!!

Rest day tomorrow!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Rest day today. Day 20 and 21 are 2 minutes. Day 22 and 23 are 2.5 minutes. Day 24 and 25 are 3 minutes. Oh boy!! It's going to be a fun week!!
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    I am still here. Took a 2 day break Sat/Sun, but planning to knock out my 3m 10s right away in morn tomorrow. This week is quite a rigorous increase!! I don't know if I'll keep up with that rate from where I am at now, but I will definitely strive for a 30s increase by day 25. :) How's that? Ready, Set, Go!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    I'm ready lets do this!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am curious to know if you two have seen any changes in your appearance.
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    MidwaysT wrote: »

Nothing drastic but yes I've noticed a little visual differences.
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    Last day of 2 minutes done. Tomorrow: 2.5 minutes!
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    Congrats on getting to your 2 min! Awesome! Good luck on tomorrow's 2.5 min--have someone tell you a funny story to pass the time :) .
    Got my morning plank done. Then decided to make up for one of my lazy weekend skips, so I did one again in evening.
    Get this: This time, I did it with straight arms. I thought, I'll just try for 2 min or so coz it will probably be harder and I'll be tired.
    Shock: It was MUCH EASIER than when I do it on my forearms (i.e. arms bent, forearms on floor). I breezed right past my 3m25s to 4m20s. I was stunned!!!! I would have never guessed that straight arms would seem easier. ( I don't think I can do that again coz my wrists were killing me though.)
    Anyway...if you've been doing the plank with straight arms, after you get to your 4 min, maybe it would be upping the intensity to see how far you can take it down on your elbows?!?!!! Have a good day!
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    MidwaysT wrote: »
    Hm--Definitely helping abs. It's great to feel core strength improving, and feel like I am almost unconsciously keeping my stomach muscles tight thruout the day. Also watching cals, which is probably the main appearance-improver.
    Very worthwhile exercise :)

• dmterry1
    dmterry1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what exactly is planking and what does it do for you
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    dmterry1 wrote: »
    what exactly is planking and what does it do for you
    It is an exercise that targets core/abs. It's a matter of holding the beginning of a push-ups position, as in regular push-ups: down on the floor, keep your body straight, typically with straight arms--for as long as you can. If that is hard on your wrists or something, one can also accomplish the same thing with bent elbows, leaning on your forearms on the floor.
    If you've never done it, starting at 20 or 30 seconds could even be challenging! :-)
    Hope that helps!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    the last two days have been hard! I'm going to extend the challenge a bit to help reach the end goal. I'm not giving up. I'm hit two and a half again today! I will do this. For those that can today and tomorrow are three minutes! Go!