How Many Fitness Friends Do You Really Need???

Options
123457»

Replies

• DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I on;y NEED one, and that would be me. Howsomever, 5 - 10 for inspiration, diary sharing and being able to witness others success would work for me. When I was here before, I saw a young lady finish a 100+ weight loss, and it was really cool to watch. I was so happy for her when she made it to maintenance.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like to keep around 30ish at most. It really depends on the people. I like to keep people who I connect with either about weight loss with similar goals or other interests in life. I like people who make a little effort to communicate, but also life can get pretty hectic, and not everyone has time. I delete people that quit logging, and people that drive me nuts. I used to actually feel bad about deleting people but now i don't so much. I prefer open diaries because I like to get inspo, and try stuff that others eat.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You are all so right! Who needs friends? For all of you who thought I was looking for a "True Companion", "Buddy-Buddy", you missed the boat! But that's alright, having you in my boat makes it just a little to hard to row. I know this will get a lot of negative feedback because that is what so many of you are good at doing. So, I will laugh it off and continue on my journey, alone, without any friends. Boo-hoo. Not likely, I will continue to move ahead with those who choose to care about my journey as they have the same struggle. I will try to inspire them to succeed and hopefully they will do the same for me.
    For those of you who asked "why do I care?"? I care because I understand the difficulty of trying to lose weight and the feeling that it will never happen or take forever to happen. I care about people in general, how they feel, I want everyone to be successful at what they are trying to achieve.
    So, for those who want to go it alone, go ahead, walk by yourself, I'm happy for you.

I get far more out of my real world friends than I do randos on the internet...I simply do not understand how some rando people you've never actually met can have any influence on you or your journey whatsoever...I just don't get that at all.

You know what's super awesome? When you meet these "randos" in "real life" and they are no longer "people you've never actually met".

Meeting people in real life that you met on the internet - that plan will get you murdered in your sleep!

I didn't die!! I'm still alive!!

Or am I typing this from the beyond?! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!

:laugh:

I fell in love, we eventually met in person, and I finally learned what incredible sex was like.
    TMI... sorry
    But yeah... so not sorry

I met my wife on the internet too. Oddly enough we've never been "friends" on any website even though we're on a lot of the same sites.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I really don't need any and I am a terrible friend anyway.I never comment or like things, rarely post anything, I don't even hit the complete on my diary 50% of the time. I'm in the forums more the my homepage.
  • GatesOfDelirium
    Options

Meeting people in real life that you met on the internet - that plan will get you murdered in your sleep! [/quote]

OMG really! I thought my wife was acting strangely lately......thank you for the warning it is divorce time for us...
    Shame only been married 6 months.....
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    ddu49kblghlz.jpg

8!

8 fitness pals!

Ah ah ah ah ah

The combination of your two posts made me LOL