Attn: WOMAN what birth controls are effective without rapid weight gain?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Pull out

LOL...I have a 12 year old daughter thanks to this method. ;)

• valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have had a Mirena IUD for the last two years and have lost almost 70 lbs in the meantime. I also appreciate the rare and light period it provides as well as few PMS symptoms.
  • jezebellle23
    jezebellle23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ughbrit wrote: »
    Paraguard is a non-hormonal IUD that lasts up to 10 years. It's amazing and I couldn't recommend it more highly. Also, some OBGYNS believe in the old theory that you must've had a kid in order to have the IUD inserted, but I never have and know others who never have given birth and have had it inserted just fine.

I have pcos and tried the non hormonal route with paraguard and it was 2 yrs of misery, pain and spotting.I was at one point put on continuous bc to stop my periods all together and that was not effective. It was not a good choice for me (non child bearing up to that point). It was a big ordeal to have it removed but after I did it was back to pills
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    All the hormone varieties made me act like a psycho and eat like a horse. I finally just got the Essure procedure done. Its nice, no surgery just a couple little wires placed in the tubes and the scar tissue blocks them off. Took the doc like 10 min and I have been free of birth control (and additional babies) ever since.

Please be careful with this method. I am 30 years old and just had a total hysterectomy to get Essure out. If you start noticing changes (pelvic pain, bleeding, rashes, weight gain I mean the list goes on and on) It almost killed me. It perforated out of my fallopian tube and was almost to the point of migrating. There is a whole facebook page with about 15,000 women who are having issues with it. We are working with Erin Brockovich to have it taken off the market. www.facebook.com/essureproblems Just in case you start having problems. I hope you don't! I gained 70 lbs in the 4 years I had it. Had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I've already lost almost 20 lbs. I could not lose weight to save my life with Essure in. So just keep an eye out. It took about 6 months before I started noticing problems. Feel free to add me if you want more info.

• Chrystal_Raven8
    Options
    I feel that oral contraceptives made me gain and retain more water. The Depo Provera.... same thing.
    I have the regular IUD (copper) for 6 months and so far, so good.
  • SuzetteB007
    SuzetteB007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definitely Paragard as it is hormone free..my cramps are terrible but still worth it to me