TO SWEAT OR NOT TO SWEAT-GYM ETIQUETTE

Options

Replies

• neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love to get my sweat on! However, to be polite I wipe everything off as I doubt anyone else wants to experience my sweat!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,324 Member
    Options
    Wow.....can we not express ourselves without others hitting us over the head?

I learned this in the past week and here is the answer...no we cannot express ourselves without others hitting us over the head.

As you stated in a previous post...this is a discussion.

Its not its a debate.......I learned that the hard way too.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    i dont sweat much, but i do turn beet red. like, i look like im having a heart attack (i promise im not!)

i wonder if that offends anyone?

i can hope....

This. This right here.

I'm offended by how red I get. Do I need to leave? :(
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

its part of the joy of the forums. didnt you get the memo? LOL

I am rookie...I am getting a schooled today. I will consider all possible scenarios before I do this again.

ya just gotta have a thick skin LOL ;) learn to laugh with it and not let it bother you and youll be fine.

so its OK for OP to blast some random person at the gym for sweating too much (heaven forbid this would happen at an actual gym) but when people giver her some jazz for complaining about it w are the "rude ones," really????????????????

Hey you...i was talking about you.

you mad OP???

oprah_you_mad_gif.gif
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    My gym etiquette is don't look at me, talk to me, breathe near me, and clean up after yourself.

Unrelated: Your username has made me want pancakes, dangit.
  • urloved33
    Options

I am rookie...I am getting a schooled today. I will consider all possible scenarios before I do this again.

Just so you know...some people actually start sending you nasty emails ...i just block em before I even read them....then

They come after you when you comment in other forums. htg.

Its kinda weird...

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »

I learned this in the past week and here is the answer...no we cannot express ourselves without others hitting us over the head.

Typically different people have different opinions. This is fine but yes causes debate to a certain extent when opinions get questioned etc. There is typically no hitting over the head until someone gets butt hurt about someone not agreeing with them and starts making rude comments. That is when the head hitting starts. I do believe (and I am not the only one as it has been stated by several others) that you are a HUGE culprit of expressing your opinions and then getting rude and judgemental when people don't agree with you. Welcome to the internet. Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time. You are not superior to anyone and your opinions are not golden rays of sunshine for all to bow down to. If this information is shocking to you then maybe the internet is not for you?

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

ya just gotta have a thick skin LOL ;) learn to laugh with it and not let it bother you and youll be fine.

so its OK for OP to blast some random person at the gym for sweating too much (heaven forbid this would happen at an actual gym) but when people giver her some jazz for complaining about it w are the "rude ones," really????????????????

Hey you...i was talking about you.

you mad OP???

oprah_you_mad_gif.gif

I think she's saying you're the sweat flinger.

f00b8-13-types-of-people-we-always-meet-at-any-gym8.jpg?w=313&h=211
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Just so you know...some people actually start sending you nasty emails ...i just block em before I even read them....then

Its kinda weird...

in your case, when you make blanket statements that are just 100% wrong then you are going to get called on it...

sorry that is life, deal with it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    My gym is for old people (you have to be 50 to join) and they keep the thermostat on at least 80, it seems. I can't even walk to the stair stepper without breaking out in a sweat!
  • urloved33
    Options

Typically different people have different opinions. This is fine but yes causes debate to a certain extent when opinions get questioned etc. There is typically no hitting over the head until someone gets butt hurt about someone not agreeing with them and starts making rude comments. That is when the head hitting starts. I do believe (and I am not the only one as it has been stated by several others) that you are a HUGE culprit of expressing your opinions and then getting rude and judgemental when people don't agree with you. Welcome to the internet. Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time. You are not superior to anyone and your opinions are not golden rays of sunshine for all to bow down to. If this information is shocking to you then maybe the internet is not for you?

You would be wrong.

Thankfully more people emailed me to say...omg we are so sorry they are so rude...than the rude people who emailed me that I had to block.

so....

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Its kinda weird...

If you get rude emails you should report them to the mods. Assuming they are actually rude.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Its kinda weird...

You seem to think that people on these forums care about you personally. This isn't the case. You make incorrect and absurd statements and people correct you.

Really, I don't think anyone is as emotionally invested in this as you are.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Its kinda weird...

If you get rude emails you should report them to the mods. Assuming they are actually rude.

She didn't open them, so who knows.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

You would be wrong.

Thankfully more people emailed me to say...omg we are so sorry they are so rude...than the rude people who emailed me that I had to block.

so....
    How do you know they are rude if you immediately block and don't read them?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Its kinda weird...

She didn't open them, so who knows.

lol lol lol

Glad I put my little assuming qualifier in there then.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

You would be wrong.

so....

How do you know if they are rude emails if you claim to block them before you open them?

Also... are they really rude, or are you just reading a lot into the emails? :confused:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Its kinda weird...

You seem to think that people on these forums care about you personally. This isn't the case. You make incorrect and absurd statements and people correct you.

Really, I don't think anyone is as emotionally invested in this as you are.

Oh some people.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    6475eef620bd4c78d2abd1ca6743ebe7.jpg
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

You would be wrong.

so....

How do you know if they are rude emails if you claim to block them before you open them?

Also... are they really rude, or are you just reading a lot into the emails? :confused:

My guess is that they don't say, "you're 100% right, and wonderful!"
This discussion has been closed.