30-Day Cold Shower Challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well water gets VERY, painfully cold. City water, probably not as much, unless it's winter! The coldest water I ever showered in turned my skin purple and hurt like hell (it was at a beach where you wash off sand). There was low-level screaming involved. :joy:
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I did the occasional cold shower out of necessity when I was in the military. But I hate cold water and it would have to make me poop gold bars before I would think about it.

Actually, no. That wouldn't do it. Pooping gold bars sounds incredibly painful.
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My dorm community bathrooms didn't have hot water for about the entire month of January one year...Yeah, I had plenty of painfully cold, and very fast, showers. The fat loss part of this challenge doesn't sound likely (unless you're burning calories shivering your butt off). BUT cold or lukewarm showers definitely help your hair and skin far more than hot showers.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I did cold showers for about 3 months when my water heater broke. At the end of the 3 months I was still fat. And cold. And being cold meant tense muscles, which resulted in more pain.

But hey good luck with that!

That's hilarious!
  • Virgiree21
    Virgiree21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today marks 30 days! Still ending my showers colder and don't think I'll ever end it any other way. :)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I used to use ice baths to recover from rugby games and training. They sucked.

Oh, so RUGBY is where my husband learned that *kitten*.

One day I was really sore after a long run I'd taken the night before. My husband offered to draw me a bath, which was super sweet. I was really looking forward to it.

Until he called down the hall that it was ready and I walked into the bathroom to discover the entire ice bin was floating in the tub. :anguished:
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    Virgiree21 wrote: »
    I ate a pie the other day that had close to 50 grams of fat.

Ok....
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Virgiree21 wrote: »
    DebzNuDa wrote: »
    Even if it worked.....I HATE cold showers. Count me out, sorry.

Who likes cold showers? That's why it's a challenge! :)

I only like freezing cold showers after I workout.
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Out. Nothing ruins my day like a cold shower. Anyone in my family who uses all of the hot water before I take a shower will feel my unbridled wrath.

Strong post to user name ratio. ;)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I take cold showers usually starting in May. Really wakes one up!
    I've never found and hidden benefits though excepting that I shower much faster!
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    I take cold showers usually starting in May. Really wakes one up!
    I've never found and hidden benefits though excepting that I shower much faster!

@crazyjerseygirl I wish I had thought of suggesting this challenge to the coworker as an alternative to his Turn The Thermostat Down Thursday or whatever the hell it was.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Brrrrrr, no.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    showers are like my daily therapy.. if I'm sick, sad, hungover, mad, stressed, achy, sore.. a hot relaxing shower is my go to. In fact almost every shower i take I give a little thanks for being blessed to have hot water. If like like world ended and i could have one modern luxury it would for sure be hot water.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge when I was visiting Guatemala in the early 2000's. I'd rather not repeat it lol