High soluble fiber, low (preferably no) fat, high-protein foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hausisse1
    Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    To help you go.......fiber (obviously) water, movement, and fat.

Brown rice has soluble fiber....some protein....not terribly high though.

Are you staying hydrated?

Yeah, I drink tons of water. I've always had trouble with constipation, it runs in the family
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I think your trouble is trying to find the "perfect food" that hits all the macros at once. You have to mix and match to achieve this.

The closest I found to a perfectly balanced food with all the macros and fiber too was Edamame. But it has fat. I find most proteins, especially the portable ones that don't go bad, have fat.

From Web MD:
    Sources of soluble fiber: oatmeal, oat cereal, lentils, apples, oranges, pears, oat bran, strawberries, nuts, flaxseeds, beans, dried peas, blueberries, psyllium, cucumbers, celery, and carrots.

I've bolded the foods that are higher in protein. If they are in italics, they are also higher in fat. Not on this list but highly soluble, are chia seeds. Eat no more than a tablespoon at a sitting; they are high calorie. I would also have them pre-soaked because they are so very soluble.

Chia pudding:
    Chia-Pudding-Recipe.jpg
  • novakac
    novakac Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hausisse1 wrote: »
    novakac wrote: »
    I had a similar problem, and solved it with massive amounts of raspberries. Kind of expensive, but a very tasty additive to my pretty boring diet. As for fiber to carb ratio, you can't get much better. And don't worry about soluble/insoluble. I'm telling you, after a week or two of eating 2 cups a day of raspberries (or blackberries), you'll be okie dokie.

Nah, trust me, I know it's soluble fiber that's the problem! But thank you, I'll try raspberries and blueberries too :)

Just looked it up. Raspberries are almost pure soluble fiber. Blackberries too. Blueberries, though, while tasty, have half the fiber and three times the sugar. (you never said what your carb goals were, but I'm assuming low carb.)

• Hausisse1
    Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hausisse1 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem, and solved it with massive amounts of raspberries. Kind of expensive, but a very tasty additive to my pretty boring diet. As for fiber to carb ratio, you can't get much better. And don't worry about soluble/insoluble. I'm telling you, after a week or two of eating 2 cups a day of raspberries (or blackberries), you'll be okie dokie.

Nah, trust me, I know it's soluble fiber that's the problem! But thank you, I'll try raspberries and blueberries too :)

Just looked it up. Raspberries are almost pure soluble fiber. Blackberries too. Blueberries, though, while tasty, have half the fiber and three times the sugar. (you never said what your carb goals were, but I'm assuming low carb.)

Not super low carb necessarily! But I love me some raspberries. Thank you. :)