Am I the only one who takes unflattering race photos? (Pic!)

Options
124»

Replies

• tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Awesome! I bet there's some truth to that ... more attention, all the time = A game. I love it!
    Yes! I'm not terribly proud to admit it, but there have definitely been times when hearing "Nice pants!" or "Nice shorts!" has provided a psychological boost. An extra bonus is the occasional but deeply satisfying embarrassment when I wear preposterous clothes at a local race, where people know me and (gasp!) my kids.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    tri_bob wrote: »
    If you ever feel like you're not looking good in race pics, check out the Seriously Ugly Race Pics tumblr. I also like to wear hideous clothes, on the assumption that looking ridiculous makes you go faster:
    vcsli8hwrg6x.jpg

Those pants are freaking fantastic!!
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just take a fabulous Before the race picture, then you could collage it with the race picture with an awesome caption and then other people can either deal with it or gtfo!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    7ump2q4p12k1.jpg

My ex took this of me at a 5k. I was trying to toss him my capris that I had slide over my skirt since it warmed up drastically lol
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    image.jpg3_zpsjfop3kgx.jpg

When you accomplish your goal they all look good !!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Mine are generally terrible...when my guide tells me they see the camera guy and to smile it either doesn't happen or I look like I'm dying/in a world of hurt
  • pmm933
    pmm933 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As Abraham Lincoln once said, "No one takes bad pictures...sometimes you just look that way!".
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I've only run one race, and I was bummed that all my pics looked horrible. I just set my profile pic/avatar to the race photo that sucks the least. (Maybe it will actually show up as my avatar sometime this week.)
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    I've only run one race, and I was bummed that all my pics looked horrible. I just set my profile pic/avatar to the race photo that sucks the least. (Maybe it will actually show up as my avatar sometime this week.)

Headstand currently hah
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Headstand currently hah

Yeah. If you click my username it should show my profile, where the pic is my race pic.

Or I suppose I could link it here. durr
    f8fee54068b8e25178c72d67fcae69140a0c.jpg
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Headstand currently hah

Yeah. If you click my username it should show my profile, where the pic is my race pic.

Or I suppose I could link it here. durr
    f8fee54068b8e25178c72d67fcae69140a0c.jpg
    Actually since I'm on the app it'd glitch out on me.

You look not happy lol
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    In my profile pics, one of the event camera guys got me leaving the exchange for the my last leg last year's TN Ragnar . . . I think a TFK track was playing.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who takes terrible race pictures. I've given up hoping for good ones.
    The worst are the ones my mom takes and post on Facebook during my races. I check my profile a few hours later and I'm tagged in pictures like this:
    3a2gqhvxd78m.jpg

She also posts the most baffling updates- at my last race she told everyone I was in almost last place after the swim... It was a chip timed wave start and I was in the last wave, my swim time was actually great :neutral_face:

Bless her heart. At least she comes to them.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    All right, I'll play.

I recently did four endurance events in five months. The first was a Tough Mudder, and the photos were actually good. (Except for the Arctic Enema. My husband said I looked so terrified in one of the photos of that obstacle that he couldn't even download the picture, it made him want to cry. lol)

vbdd6o65eig1.jpg

r7tli4s25b3x.jpg

The second was a 10K trail run. This one is decent:

twfo1yydzkey.jpg

The third was a half marathon (my first half). These photos are terrible. It looks like I gained thirty pounds while running 13.1 miles:

jtfbfohk1n5e.jpg

The fourth was my second half marathon. This is my favorite photo, because it looks like I might actually attack the photographer:

v14cqtpv5en4.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread...it's fun to share! :bigsmile:
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    OP, look at this one and know you'll probably never take a photo as bad as this (that is not me!).

tpbwxneofs08.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options