• audreycoppock
    audreycoppock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Crap....I hate binge eating...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    sothgo wrote: »
    @JessiLynnFit it's been 10 days I didn't binge, the book "brain over binge" has help me more than I could expect, I also have the brain over binge workbook ... these two books help me understanding a lot of things and avoiding me from bingeing. so thank you so much to have speak to us about this book

@sothgo 10 day is awesome!! You're doing great Girl ;)
  • JessiLynnFit
    JessiLynnFit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @sothgo so happy it's at least helping. It's been almost exactly 2 months for me using AVRT. At the end of May I did however struggle again bad with bingeing for a few days but I kept at it and figured it out. It's now June 2 months in and I see the end of my struggle in sight :)@Hearts_2015 the workbook is on Kathryn Hansen's website I haven't bought it yet and I haven't found an audio I don't think there is one.
    @Hearts_2015
    I found it on the website brainover binge
    http://s517416068.onlinehome.us/?page_id=12
    I print the book after buy it
    it's exercices to do and it really helps me since even if I Really liked the book it was not enough for me.

• Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info on the book. i want to purchase it..i feel week somedays...today is one of them
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    thanks for the info on the book. i want to purchase it..i feel week somedays...today is one of them

Sending you a Hug and extra strength today! <3 Feel free to pop back in the thread if you need support...anytime, one of us will be here :)
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @JessiLynnFit it's been 10 days I didn't binge, the book "brain over binge" has help me more than I could expect, I also have the brain over binge workbook ... these two books help me understanding a lot of things and avoiding me from bingeing. so thank you so much to have speak to us about this book

@sothgo 10 day is awesome!! You're doing great Girl ;)

thanks!
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @sothgo so happy it's at least helping. It's been almost exactly 2 months for me using AVRT. At the end of May I did however struggle again bad with bingeing for a few days but I kept at it and figured it out. It's now June 2 months in and I see the end of my struggle in sight :)@Hearts_2015 the workbook is on Kathryn Hansen's website I haven't bought it yet and I haven't found an audio I don't think there is one.
    @Hearts_2015
    I found it on the website brainover binge
    http://s517416068.onlinehome.us/?page_id=12
    I print the book after buy it
    it's exercices to do and it really helps me since even if I Really liked the book it was not enough for me.

so now after two month without bingeing, have u got still urges to binge?
  • kelseymfritts
    kelseymfritts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started bingeing when I was 11 and I was placed on my first strict crash diet, and I've struggled ever since. I finally feel like it may be getting under control. Mine is linked to stress and anxiety. I've found distraction to be the only thing that can calm me down, whether I force myself to go for a walk or to read. My trick is setting a timer for 30 minutes and doing something different. If I still have the craving after that, I let myself have one serving and then try the 30 minutes again. Usually after I can distract myself I start feeling better. But the calorie counting does seem to help me feel a bit more aware of what I am eating, rather than mindless eating which I've done for so long. Feel free to add me.
  • allyouwannado
    allyouwannado Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Overeaters Anonymous is great if you find a good meeting and wanna put in the work! Therapy is also a good option, but only if you're sticking to a meal plan
  • marisol1340
    marisol1340 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to have to go through this anymore... The whole process of it all, the struggle is real and it couldn't be more exhausting. All day, every single day... food is the most important thing on my mind, from start to finish. I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow about getting on Vyvanese.. I don't know what to do, I just CAN'T do this on my own anymore. I live alone, I have no real life here as I haven't been here for many years and have made a really bad habit of learning how to shut everyone out due to my eating disorder (it's easier that way at times, if you know what I mean).. I've even went as far as to ask my job for more hours, simply because I know that's one of the only ways I won't go on a bender and binge... I can't seem to get it right. I've been struggling with all types of ED's for over a decade, but when you think about it, this is the real Alpha of them all. This is what they all boil down to, an extreme and mind altering obsession with food. It's a handicap, a disability even. They should give us plaquers for our casr that make us have to park at the very back of the grocery store parking lot, or across the street even! :( But on a serious note, all I want is to find that normality with food again, that middle ground.. Will that ever happen? Wish me luck with the whole Vyvanese thing... I don't really know what I'm getting myself into here, I just have finally admit to myself that I'm unable to do it alone anymore.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Anyone on or tried Vyvanse? What dose and how's it working for you?
  • Hearts_2015
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @JessiLynnFit
    Wow, check out those guns!! Looks like you've been working Hard in the gym :) How are things going with you? You still using AVRT actively? Still feeling successful with is? Sure miss seeing you around, I haven't popped on here in quite awhile either but found the thread again and thought I'd add a note!

Hey gang, hope everyone has a great weekend, hang on life really does get better, it does!
  • bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. To qualify, I have a colorful history with eating disorders. I've tried every diet in the book only to sabotage it, I've tried OA for several years, I've abused a variety of stimulants to lose weight, only to end up afraid and/or miserable and always defeated.

I didn't read the thread so forgive me if this was mentioned already.

Best book in the world: "brain over binge". Literally. Once you can disconnect from your thoughts that are telling you to binge, and can listen to what that voice is saying without acting - you can gain control. It's based on rational recovery, which, as a 12 stepper of many years, I would have usually said is BS. it's not BS.

It works for everything. Hear the thought and don't act. The thought can nag and annoy and URGE you to binge. It can be so convincing in telling you a million reasons why you should/can/need to eat. It can certainly make you uncomfortable. But it can NEVER EVER EVER make you act.

It has helped me immensely in many areas of my life. Happy to discuss more if anyone wants to PM me.

BB.
  • bananabeannn
    Options
    Anyone on or tried Vyvanse? What dose and how's it working for you?

Not Vynase but I took adderall for a long time for the main purpose of losing weight. It worked, but tolerance builds fast. I imagine Vynase is the same, but I'm not sure. It's a band aid. It definitely made me happy in the short run, but I was always scared I would gain the weight back once I stopped taking it. Turns out I didn't even have to stop taking it. It just gradually started having less of an effect and I couldn't get my hands on more. Maybe it will be better for you. For me, it was short term. Sadly. I thought I found my answer.

• bananabeannn
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 I'm just seeing this now... I'm so incredibly happy that you're getting the book and that your therapist is familiar with it. I would honestly get both... Read the book and listen to it in your car. I didn't know there's an audio I'm going to get it. I reread the book still it's good to refer back. The book also talks about how habits form which has been a HUGE help. Please let me know how you're doing with it!!! I also started a blog about using it it's girloutoftherut.wordpress.com but it's not that interesting lol

Does someone know where I can get the audio version of the book? I would listen all the time.

• MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's been months since I've last binged.... and then 2 days ago it hit me out of nowhere. Uncontrollable. I couldn't stop. It's like my brain completely shuts off just so any reasonable thought is avoided, and I kept eating.... it's so weird how the satisfaction is immediately replaced with saddness, disappointment, ...guilt. I go through great lengths to hide the evidence like an addict. It actually feels good to admit that.

In the past I would feel so ashamed I would give up, but I logged everything. the insane amount of calories made my heart sink, but I got up the next day and started over, continuing on with my workout plan and healthy eating. I've done so good for so long, I just don't understand why. I guess I never really saw it as a disorder but it is something I have struggled with since childhood.

Glad to know I'm not alone, but it's heartbreaking that anyone else feels that same depth of hopelessness. Just hang in there. I've lost nearly 40lbs, and either the cravings have gotten easier or my self control, so it can get better but there's still going to be bad days. I've noticed that it really helps to eat high protein and lots of fruits and veggies.

Anyway, anyone please feel free to add me, I'm always looking for more friends to keep me motivated! I'm 28, 5 months postpartum with my 1st, and I workout 6 days a week at home, I'm normally much more positive, but that binge threw me for a loop, the psychology behind binging is such a trip... lol
  • AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really well and lost 13 lbs. But last night, wow. I don't know what on earth happened.. Large bag of milky bar buttons, a whole pack of mini cheddars, a giant bar in dairy milk oreo and then a whole pizza.i have felt so sick while trying to sleep in ages. I prefer not to buy lots of food at once because then well it's hard to binge isn't it.
    Feel free to add me anyone. I'm usually on track, just had a bad day!!
  • JessiLynnFit
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 Hi I just saw your comment! I went through a very stressful period from March-May because I was working on my certification. Stress is a huge binge urge trigger for me so I struggled a little and gained a few pounds from it, but since then I've been on track. And yes I've definitely been hitting the gym
  • JessiLynnFit
    Options
    @bananabeannn I never found the audio version :( I will let you know if I do.
  • JessiLynnFit
    Options
    @sothgo I don't know if I ever responded ! That was a year ago... I don't get binge urges usually unless I'm insanely stressed or getting my period. Other than that, it's kinda been smooth sailing.