• CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You got this !!!! For sure

;)
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, and you've much to celebrate.
    What always threw me all the times I tried and failed was expecting too much too fast - "well I didn't loose 5 pounds and this is hard so screw it". Its a mental challenge to slow down and remain consistent. Each pound, each half pound is a goal in itself, I keep reminding myself.

Feel free to add me if you like too
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You have a winning attitude! That's awesome! :smile:
  • ThatRyanPerson
    ThatRyanPerson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did drop 1 lb this week. It is a tiny step in my 25-30 lbs goal

No it's not just a tiny step. You've made progress and that's much better than not doing anything at all. You deserve to be proud of yourself!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    One pound doesn't seem like much but the will to commit you showed this week says a lot about how strong you can be. There will be days and weeks where you don't feel that way. Remember this week when that happens.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You're doing a fantastic job, just think 1lb of fat is about the size of a mug and now you've lost two of them :smiley:

Honestly you're more inspiring to me so far than any of the bigger losses/longer runs because reading this has reminded me that it's not just about the number at week 7 or 8; it's about the commitment and effort that was put into each of those weeks :relaxed:

I'm truly really glad that I came across this thread, keep it up!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You're doing a fantastic job, just think 1lb of fat is about the size of a mug and now you've lost two of them :smiley:

Honestly you're more inspiring to me so far than any of the bigger losses/longer runs because reading this has reminded me that it's not just about the number at week 7 or 8; it's about the commitment and effort that was put into each of those weeks :relaxed:

I'm truly really glad that I came across this thread, keep it up!

Thanks for saying that. I made a mistake today and ate some healthy trail mix in lieu of a formal meal. It cost me 350 calories, which seemed great at the time. But I was hungry 30 minutes later AND my stomach has felt wonky all day. I've been chiding myself with, "How could you forget to be mindful like that?" and then, I read your nice note. And I smiled and thought, "I'm on a learning curve. Nice other people are too. It's all good." Ahhh. Thank YOU.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You will be on a learning curve from here on out if you want to succeed, imo. I think it is wonderful that you are looking at the positive and not focusing on the negative. It is all about your state of mind, it can make you or break you. Keep it up and I look forward to reading about more of your successes and lessons learned!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!