Looking for mfp friends who are doing Atkins or low carb diet

Options
Anyone here doing Atkins, keto or other low carb diet? Looking for friends who are willing to share their diary and offer each other support

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Low carb here. Feel free to add me :)
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins when it wasn't cool! About 35 years ago... Oops, showing my age! Due to hyperglycemia, I've been on a low carb, high protein nutritional program (I hate the word Diet) for years. The only time it fails me is when I fail in my food choices. Now I do about 30-35% protein, 15-20% fat & 50% carbs and staying in great shape with lots of energy. I've never had a problem with ketosis and my kidney functions are just fine in my annual checkup. Once your body adjusts to the ratio, it's easy to maintain, except when eating out! Feel free to add me and/or ask questions.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    mlboyer100 wrote: »
    Now I do about 30-35% protein, 15-20% fat & 50% carbs and staying in great shape with lots of energy. I've never had a problem with ketosis and my kidney functions are just fine in my annual checkup. Once your body adjusts to the ratio, it's easy to maintain, except when eating out! Feel free to add me and/or ask questions.

50% carbs ?
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb but still learning what the right formula will work best for me. The reason I am doing this is because I'm insulin resistant and trying to reduce my intake of metformin. My mfp "friends" are not only supportive but seem to have sound advice.
  • dev_sand
    dev_sand Posts: 1
    Options
    Starting today... looking for some friends on here as well! :)
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Please join fellow low carbers in the Low Carber Daily Forum, you will find lots of supportive people there: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There is also a keto group which is pretty active: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

and an Atkins Support Group (that one is less active): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/5268-atkins-support-group
  • brandiecolquitt
    brandiecolquitt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I'm not really an Atkins purist.... as I don't go high fat either... but I do keep my carbs low and natural and I eat a good bit of healthy protein.
  • RBillard
    RBillard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    low carber here, currently striving for 40% protein, 35% fat, and 25% carbs. always looking for low carber friends to share food diaries with for meal ideas.
  • 2manypushups
    2manypushups Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Yes add me
  • touchtoshart
    touchtoshart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Super low carb here *doctor recommended* im trying to get around 5-10% carbs, 50% protein, and 45-40% fat :) any recipes and meal ideas are greatly appreciated!!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LCHF here. I don't go by a specific plan, though Atkins is probably closest. Feel free to add me! Also come and join us on the low carp group. I'd post the link but I don't know how on my phone.

Now I see Misti posted the link.
  • mlboyer100
    Options
    Super low carb here *doctor recommended* im trying to get around 5-10% carbs, 50% protein, and 45-40% fat :) any recipes and meal ideas are greatly appreciated!!

I don't know what your health issues are but those percentage are not a true Atkins or Low Carb sustainable eating plan. RBillard's percentages (40%-35%-25%) are more in line to a healthy Low Carb Plan. Your body needs all three macro's or you'll be in physical distress soon.

Personal, I'm in a maintenance mode right now. Hit my weigh loss goal two weeks ago. What's working for me at the moment (and these numbers will fluctuate from time to time) is 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat.
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Keto here
  • irishguns
    irishguns Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Keto here too, feel free to add me!
  • malloryh2o
    malloryh2o Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Getting back on keto today. Loved it last time. Feel free to add me!
  • rangeradams
    rangeradams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started keto again this last week, and would love some friends that really doing the same
  • mlboyer100
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    mlboyer100 wrote: »
    Now I do about 30-35% protein, 15-20% fat & 50% carbs and staying in great shape with lots of energy. I've never had a problem with ketosis and my kidney functions are just fine in my annual checkup. Once your body adjusts to the ratio, it's easy to maintain, except when eating out! Feel free to add me and/or ask questions.

50% carbs ?

That approximate. I just attained my weight loss goal two weeks ago so now working on a maintenance food plan. Those are my starting % to see how I handle them.
  • Krysannis
    Krysannis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keto'er here! Feel free to add me!!
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm more like gluten free so I naturally keep my carbs pretty low for health issues. My diary is open so feel free to take a peek & add me as a friend too if anyone likes :)
  • LG4life
    LG4life Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day 2 on a low carb diet. Trying out a 15/25/60 CFP ratio. Also going to be doing strength training and cardio. Feeling good so far! Feel free to add me :)