7 foods I am cutting out.

Options

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Over a period of time, I've cut out white flour and white rice and switched to whole grains. That said, I will eat them occasionally when I'm eating away from home. I have eliminated fried foods, again with the exception of occasional meals out. I have totally eliminated diet soda. When I tried it again some time ago it tasted like chemicals! I have dramatically reduced, but have not totally eliminated, added sugars. Have also reduced the amounts of some other foods including beef and pork, ice cream, chocolate, etc. But, other than diet soda, nothing else is totally off limits.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I don't cut out, per se, but I sure do limit. I know I am uncontrollable around pasta so never cook it for myself. If I am served it at someone's home, it is absolutely hell on me to turn down the offer of seconds I could eat it all day every day. I am also limiting bread and trying grains such as quinoa in place of potatoes and rice.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Brussels Sprouts (or as I call them, "The Devil's Balls"). Because I hate them.

lolol.

Let's see...I don't think I cut anything out. I like all the things. Except celery and anything that resembles it. And wasabi because ew
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

I've decided to eliminate anything that doesn't taste good... like things that are not fried, things that don't have sugar, and things that don't have fat.

Yep, if it doesn't taste good, why waste precious calories on it?

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Trans fats are not a food.

I never ate most of the things that you list to begin with.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I actually lose more weight when I include a reasonable amount of high-fat dairy in my diet.

Do not...erase...the cheese!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I actually lose more weight when I include a reasonable amount of high-fat dairy in my diet.

I was accidentally low fat last week and it was not a pretty picture.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    Kale because its too pretentious

^^this.

Also, liver because it is delicious and I eat too much of it. :(
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If I like it, anything goes. Just keep the calories within my allotment.

Only the things I DON't like:
    Lima Beans
    Black-eye peas
    OKRA (yew!)
    Fishy fish
    Frozen peas (although they have gotten a lot better then when I was a kid)
    Frozen green beans but, I LOVE the fresh
    Raw onion but, the cooked kind is great
    Soda
    Low fat cheese (what a waste)
    Miracle whip
    Musketeers Candy Bar

So, every thing else I can think of is a great list.
  • scottwblack
    scottwblack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    Kale because its too pretentious

Brilliant. And true.

I like kale chips, but I don't like how it gets stuck in your teeth.

• stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I gave nothing up, I have no food allergies so why would I give anything up?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • didda1
    didda1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not a single thing. If I want it, I will try to fit it into my calories. If I can't, I'll wiggle things around to fit it in the next day.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The only thing I feel I really should cut out of my diet is sweet tea. I told my husband to say it's like smoking a cigarette if I ever want one. (We've never smoked.) But the truth is, sometimes I lose the battle. :( Just the idea of drinking a large cup of sugar water seems so wrong, even if it does fit my macros. But it tastes soooooo good. :(
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I try to eliminate my trigger foods, those foods that I never stop at one or two of. Typically these foods will be full of sugar or crap fats...eg killer pythons or rubbish chocolate bars (rubbish as in not good quality chocolate).

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I don't have the will power or dedication or even care to live my life without certain foods. If i want a donut il eat it if i want some doritos il eat them but I will just make sure it fits into my calories. If I do eat junk I just make sure my next meal has the nutrients i was lacking eating the tasty tasty garbage.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    : waves cane around :

I liked kale long before those hipster paleo kids came along and made it a "thing". They can all get off my lawn.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Okra, okra,okra,okra,okra,okra, and okra.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I like low fat dairy (for cottage cheese or yogurt--low fat cheese is not something I approve of), but I also do better when I include a reasonable amount of fat. (I just usually get plenty and like to use dairy as a protein source. I fully understand preferring full fat, as that's how I feel about egg whites.)