i started garcinia cambogia

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do anything except make your wallet lighter. Sorry you got duped, but take it's a learning experience. We've all been there and done dumb things. Toss it in the garbage.
  • t43anderson
    Options
    I have been on it now for a week and have noticed my cravings have decreased. I also found the more water with lemon or lime helps. When I have a craving for sweets I bought some speciality teas... Birthdat
    Anyone have any experience with garcinia cambogia ? I started it today so hoping i can report some weight loss next week.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I took it for about 3 months. I'm not sure if it helped with my weight loss since I took it right when I started MFP. I do think it helped with hunger pangs in the beginning (at least mentally). But I had one really bad side effect that made it not worthwhile.

I had pretty much eaten low fat, low cal for 3 months when I made the mistake of eating lasagna. The next day I had stomach pains so intense I went to the hospital and they thought I needed my appendix out. Turns out it was the garcinia. I wouldn't take it again.

My sister-in-law wasn't deterred by my story and asked for my last bottle. I gave it to her and a week later she told me she had horrific gas.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    tried it for about a month and I had horrible stomach cramps and I found I would bloat easily and rapidly (had 1 slice of bread and puffed up to look 7 months pregnant in the span of 20min of eating it)

in terms of helping me lose weight, it didn't, When I stopped taking it and took charge of what I ate, I lost weight, 16lbs and counting.
  • trinablue85
    trinablue85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    In a week? Good luck w that.
    didnt mean i expect a miracle in a week just a couple of pounds. I personally know someone who took it for 6 months and lost over 80 lbs. I said a week because i plan to check my weight again in a week.

I'm not encouraging you to stay on it, but a week probably isn't long enough to notice a difference. What else did the person who took it and lost weight do? Dietary changes? Increased exercise? Hey, if it works as a temporary "placebo" to get you on the right track and motivated (and you have no negative side affects) then take what you have, but I wouldn't use it long term.

Yea thats all i wanted a kickstart to lose the 20 lbs i gained over last 6 months. Definitely dont plan on using it for 6 months.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I took it for about 3 months. I'm not sure if it helped with my weight loss since I took it right when I started MFP. I do think it helped with hunger pangs in the beginning (at least mentally). But I had one really bad side effect that made it not worthwhile.

I had pretty much eaten low fat, low cal for 3 months when I made the mistake of eating lasagna. The next day I had stomach pains so intense I went to the hospital and they thought I needed my appendix out. Turns out it was the garcinia. I wouldn't take it again.

My sister-in-law wasn't deterred by my story and asked for my last bottle. I gave it to her and a week later she told me she had horrific gas.

It gave me "bathroom issues," pretty bad. Would not recommend it. :s

• trinablue85
    Options
    I have been on it now for a week and have noticed my cravings have decreased. I also found the more water with lemon or lime helps. When I have a craving for sweets I bought some speciality teas... Birthdat
    Anyone have any experience with garcinia cambogia ? I started it today so hoping i can report some weight loss next week.
    Oh ok i must try lemon in water ive been drinking plenty of bottled water im pretty active at work anyway so i need the water lol.
  • trinablue85
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    It doesn't do anything except make your wallet lighter. Sorry you got duped, but take it's a learning experience. We've all been there and done dumb things. Toss it in the garbage.

Lol well everyone is entitled to their opinion i wont be throwing it in the garbage after one day, no way. I'll watch my calories and work out and take my chances with the garcinia. Everyone's body is different its quite possible it could help aid in my weight loss. Ive read plenty of positive reviews on the brand i bought and watched videos from people on youtube who seem sincere. No one is expecting a miracle over here. I just want to make it part of my everyday routine for a while and see what happens.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Lol well everyone is entitled to their opinion i wont be throwing it in the garbage after one day, no way. I'll watch my calories and work out and take my chances with the garcinia. Everyone's body is different its quite possible it could help aid in my weight loss. Ive read plenty of positive reviews on the brand i bought and watched videos from people on youtube who seem sincere. No one is expecting a miracle over here. I just want to make it part of my everyday routine for a while and see what happens.

Stay near a toilet.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Trina, I do think it really helped at the onset of my diet. I would warn you against eating anything super fatty or rich, though. I have never felt stomach pain like that before and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I couldn't even walk it was so bad...and I've had 2 kids. Made childbirth seem like nothing.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    didnt mean i expect a miracle in a week just a couple of pounds. I personally know someone who took it for 6 months and lost over 80 lbs. I said a week because i plan to check my weight again in a week.

What else was this person doing over those 6 months? I would start with following their workout routine and not buy some pill . . .

Actually she said she didnt work out just watched what she ate.
    The part in bold works ... the pills you bought don't.

• db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just want to make it part of my everyday routine for a while and see what happens.

Perfect! The placebo effect with whatever this pill is could very well be enough to help you keep on track with MFP and actually lose weight. Not from the pills themselves, but from believing that they somehow help.
  • trinablue85
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Stay near a toilet.

Lmao...oh yea i went to the bathroom quite a few times today at work. Thanx for that bit of advice.
  • Monica_in_SanDiego
    Monica_in_SanDiego Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've taken it and it doesn't work for everyone, but it did curb my hunger and I was less hangry :-)

Monica.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I've heard that stuff causes stomach issues because it causes toxins and other chemicals to build up in your liver and kidneys.
  • trinablue85
    Options
    Trina, I do think it really helped at the onset of my diet. I would warn you against eating anything super fatty or rich, though. I have never felt stomach pain like that before and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I couldn't even walk it was so bad...and I've had 2 kids. Made childbirth seem like nothing.

Wow, that sounds bad. Im sorry you experienced that and i appreciate the warning.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I have tried it three different times and it caused terrible headaches each time....not worth it. Now I'm just carefully logging wirh MFP and excercising about 30 minutes a day and have lost 10 pounds on under 3 weeks. 45 more to go.

Thats great, congrats on your 10 pound weight loss. I plan on exercising as well so hopefully i can lose at least 10 pounds in a month.
    With over 80 lbs to lose you can do that with just a calorie deficit. Save your money.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but you just wasted money.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    This is why the diet industry makes billions of dollars. If stuff like this actually worked there would be no overweight people. But here's what they tell you when you buy these products: "Use in conjunction with diet and exercise."

Now - why would they say that? Could it be...because the pill is actually worthless?

By the way, there is no such thing as a "kickstart" or a "jumpstart." You just do it. There's no magic, no mystery. Sorry to burst your bubble but you wasted your money.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

was this person in a calorie deficit?