i started garcinia cambogia

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    This is why the diet industry makes billions of dollars. If stuff like this actually worked there would be no overweight people. But here's what they tell you when you buy these products: "Use in conjunction with diet and exercise."

Now - why would they say that? Could it be...because the pill is actually worthless?

By the way, there is no such thing as a "kickstart" or a "jumpstart." You just do it. There's no magic, no mystery. Sorry to burst your bubble but you wasted your money.

but I want to believe in magic!!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    In a week? Good luck w that.
    didnt mean i expect a miracle in a week just a couple of pounds. I personally know someone who took it for 6 months and lost over 80 lbs. I said a week because i plan to check my weight again in a week.

What else was this person doing over those 6 months? I would start with following their workout routine and not buy some pill . . .

Actually she said she didnt work out just watched what she ate.
    The part in bold works ... the pills you bought don't.

THIS
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried Green Coffeebean Extract (both of these are toted by Dr. Oz and people seem to use one or the other) and it did nothing but make my anxiety way worse. I actually gained weight from it and began losing again once I stopped taking the pills.

My manager at work saw me taking them last year and told me straight-out to throw them away. Her daughter had done all the diet fads, including diet pills, and it had done nothing but damage for her. My roommate's dad got her diet pills for her birthday (yeah, I know)--and I stop her from taking them everytime she tries to take them. It's not worth it. They don't work. The only benefit is the placebo effect, but you can use something else for that, honestly. Just throw them out now, it'll be far better in the long run.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    a better investment would be a food scale.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options

I know you do. And people in hell want ice water but they ain't getting that either. :)

• MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    They charged me $80.00 after a week and on top of what I paid for the pills. -READ ALL FINE PRINT- if you bought it online. It was a waste of money and a learning experience, it did nothing
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    This is why the diet industry makes billions of dollars. If stuff like this actually worked there would be no overweight people. But here's what they tell you when you buy these products: "Use in conjunction with diet and exercise."

Now - why would they say that? Could it be...because the pill is actually worthless?

By the way, there is no such thing as a "kickstart" or a "jumpstart." You just do it. There's no magic, no mystery. Sorry to burst your bubble but you wasted your money.

Magic

giphy.gif
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hey lady, let me hold a dollar...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »

Magic

giphy.gif

lol
  • ndj1979
    Options
    in related news, I am coming out with my "NDJ Fat Burners" 19.99 a bottle and guaranteed to burn off fat as long as you eat in a calorie deficit and work out three times a week.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If you are also changing your eating and exercise habits at the same time, how will you know what is working for you? You may want to give yourself a chance first by just monitoring your lifestyle changes for three weeks or so.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    in related news, I am coming out with my "NDJ Fat Burners" 19.99 a bottle and guaranteed to burn off fat as long as you eat in a calorie deficit and work out three times a week.

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

Be one of the first 500 callers To receive a FREE tummy wrap! Guaranteed to make your waist 4 inches smaller overnight, with no exercise or diet needed. That's right, it's your free, just pay seperate processing and handling (insert required disclaimer about results not typical)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If it worked, wouldn't everyone be taking it? Oh, must be we just haven't heard about it yet.... Wrong. It doesn't work, it is just a fad created by some people who figured out they could get rich quick by playing on people's desire to have the magic kick start.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I did lose weight using it... Unfortunately the weight was just the money leaving my wallet for something completely useless and ineffective.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Well my Sauna belt is only 17.99. And the proof is in the gif. I want to see pictures.

giphy.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

Be one of the first 500 callers To receive a FREE tummy wrap! Guaranteed to make your waist 4 inches smaller overnight, with no exercise or diet needed. That's right, it's your free, just pay seperate processing and handling (insert required disclaimer about results not typical)

and don't forget it squeezes out all the toxins too!
  • AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yup exactly as was posted above. Garcinia cambogia has an active ingredient in the fruit's peel that can inhibit one of the enzymes (Citrate synthase) that helps convert glucose (or any other form of sugar) through a few biochemical processes into adipose tissue (should you have spare energy and therefore only need to store it as fat.) In rats it works, and they thought they would market it to humans who want to lose weight, as rats can often be good model organisms for biochemical processes in human beings. However the rat form of citrate synthase is different from the human form, so the fruit does nothing to inhibit fat production in human beings. They may have a few other claims but overall they have been found to be ineffective in weight loss for humans.
    Also, even though it helps rats lose weight by essentially putting a road block on one of their important body cycles, they will always gain it back as soon as they're taken off the fruit because the cycle starts running like normal again. People who lose weight on garcinia cambogia do so because they make additional changes, intentional or not, such as eating healthier or exercising (because hey I spent this money I should really give it my 110%!) Or because it makes them feel kind of sick and therefore they're just less interested in eating as much. Instead of taking it, I would suggest you just go ahead and do what actually made them lose weight, eating less and moving more. There are other supplements that can affect weight loss by blocking or speeding up certain processes in the body, but once you stop taking them your body will return to normal and you'll be back to only being able to depend on a calorie deficit for weight loss.
    I'm sure you can do fantastic all on your own just by watching what you eat and getting some work out time in. :) You're capable of changing your body all on your own without some pill's/powder's/whatever else's help! Before you take any supplement or medication you really should check with a doctor or read up on published, scientific articles and clinical reviews and see if they can tell you HOW it works specifically and if you think that will work for you. I know it sounds cheesy and nerds but it will help you save money and possibly some health issues by not allowing yourself to just believe whatever someone says. It's empowering to be educated on what you put into your body as well :D Anyways, enough of my rambling and best of luck to you on your journey!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    It doesn't do anything except make your wallet lighter. Sorry you got duped, but take it's a learning experience. We've all been there and done dumb things. Toss it in the garbage.

Lol well everyone is entitled to their opinion i wont be throwing it in the garbage after one day, no way. I'll watch my calories and work out and take my chances with the garcinia. Everyone's body is different its quite possible it could help aid in my weight loss. Ive read plenty of positive reviews on the brand i bought and watched videos from people on youtube who seem sincere. No one is expecting a miracle over here. I just want to make it part of my everyday routine for a while and see what happens.

The only opinion I stated was that you should just toss it in the garbage. The rest were facts. If there was a magic pill, no one would be overweight.