i started garcinia cambogia

Options
Anyone have any experience with garcinia cambogia ? I started it today so hoping i can report some weight loss next week.

Replies

• sjadev1108
    sjadev1108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried it......it gave me HORRIBLE nightmares!!! I know that sounds like a strange side effect, but I had to quit taking it because they were so terrible. On the upside, I've not run into anyone who has had the same experience, so hope it is good for you!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    save your money, eat at a deficit
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    It'll only work if you eat at a calorie deficit. Sadly, there is no magic pill to burn fat off your body, no cream to take away the cellulite, no special wrap to make our stomache smaller.

• AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It'll only work if you eat at a calorie deficit. Sadly, there is no magic pill to burn fat off your body, no cream to take away the cellulite, no special wrap to make our stomache smaller.

This !
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have tried it three different times and it caused terrible headaches each time....not worth it. Now I'm just carefully logging wirh MFP and excercising about 30 minutes a day and have lost 10 pounds on under 3 weeks. 45 more to go.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Did nothing for me but wasted my money.
  • iamchuckbass78
    iamchuckbass78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In a week? Good luck w that.
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just curious if it has caffeine in it?
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    It gave me MS-like symptoms! They went away immediately when I stopped taking it. Lost no weight, but lost my money. If you do a search on the forums, you can find lots of threads about it, and they all say the same thing. Save your money. Count your calories.
  • trinablue85
    trinablue85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No caffeine
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    No. It just wastes money.

• trinablue85
    Options
    didnt mean i expect a miracle in a week just a couple of pounds. I personally know someone who took it for 6 months and lost over 80 lbs. I said a week because i plan to check my weight again in a week.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do anything except make your wallet lighter.
  • trinablue85
    Options
    I have tried it three different times and it caused terrible headaches each time....not worth it. Now I'm just carefully logging wirh MFP and excercising about 30 minutes a day and have lost 10 pounds on under 3 weeks. 45 more to go.

Thats great, congrats on your 10 pound weight loss. I plan on exercising as well so hopefully i can lose at least 10 pounds in a month.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    didnt mean i expect a miracle in a week just a couple of pounds. I personally know someone who took it for 6 months and lost over 80 lbs. I said a week because i plan to check my weight again in a week.

What else was this person doing over those 6 months? I would start with following their workout routine and not buy some pill . . .
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Before I was diagnosed with PCOS I was desperate and tried just about everything...garcinia cambogia included. Made me feel like crap...headaches, shakes, upset tummy...did not help me lose weight. Big waste of money!
  • trinablue85
    Options

What else was this person doing over those 6 months? I would start with following their workout routine and not buy some pill . . .

Actually she said she didnt work out just watched what she ate.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

I'm not encouraging you to stay on it, but a week probably isn't long enough to notice a difference. What else did the person who took it and lost weight do? Dietary changes? Increased exercise? Hey, if it works as a temporary "placebo" to get you on the right track and motivated (and you have no negative side affects) then take what you have, but I wouldn't use it long term.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You can't outrun a bad diet. How about trying to eat at a calorie deficit and see how that does for you.