200+ (Week 34) Let's Get Moving in May!

Options
It's that time.... post your weights and how you did on the goals you set for yourself this week.

And remember, this is the last week of our 6-week "Let's Get Moving in May!" Challenge and get crackin' on brainstorming new challenge ideas for our new 6-week one.

Here's my check in for today:

2407 calories needed to maintain
1763 eaten/563 burned/-1207 day/-6513 week

4.05 mile run outside. Felt fabulous running again. My left foot felt a bit wonky on the side afterwards, so definitely need to rock some lower impact stuff tomorrow. According to my net loss, I should drop almost 2 pounds this week, but let's not forget it was TOM- I'm sure you all didn't, as most of us seem to cycle together. haha. I'm hoping for a maintain or only a teeny gain for weigh in tomorrow, in hopes of some overcompensation in the weight loss department this final challenge week.

Good luck everyone as always! *mwah*

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: 189.8 (-0.2 for week). Negligible. I'll take it, considering it was TOM, but there better be a decent loss next week!

Goal #1: 5/7 exercise: NOT MET. 4/7 completed (*grumbles*)- motivation was a bit of a factor earlier in the week.
    Goal #2: 2 3+ mile runs: MET! *twirls* Both over 4 miles!

Good luck everyone!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Quick check-in I'm still at 186 this morning!!! Yeah for not gaining weight on vacation. I actually got off my duff and did 15 min strength training last night. Mom found an old McDonald's DVD. My arms are a bit sore from the 5 pound weights and push up. We won't even discuss my quad (rolls eyes) following plies and squats. Yeah I know I need to do more strength training.

Yesterday's check-in 2014 consumed and under by 104 with 60 min bike ride, 15 min strength training, and an hour at Walmart. The worst part is loading and unloading all the crap - not to mention how in the h*ll I spent $280 on one cart!!!! DH razors blade replacements and my $10 flowers didn't help the cause (sighs).

I'm off to get ready for work and I hope to run when I get home. Have a great Friday -TGIF!!!!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    227.2 this week :bigsmile: thats down 1.8 from last week...of course, its only down .8 from the week before but whateva, I'll take it...it is TOM week after all

I'm so happy that I'm finally getting back on the wagon...I was on the side of the road for so long, watching everyone else pass by. I didn't work out last night....it was just one of those mentally/emotionally exhausting days and I had a huge headache by the time I got home. I sat outside in the backyard with Lexi for a while and then had to go to the store. I told myself I was going to go home and clean but that didn't happen. I could hardly move and I never really got rid of that headache. If there is time, I will take Lexi to the park tonight, but I HAVE to clean today. A realtor is showing the house from 1-3pm tomorrow. Its not like the house is dirty....its just a lot of little things I need to do (take out bathroom trash, change the sheets on the bed, vacuum, straighten up papers that are laying around (or hide them lol)). Vacuumming will probably be saved for last, right before Lexi and I leave tomorrow.

Anyways, I need to get to work. Good luck with weigh ins ladies!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Good morning! Since I'm the newbie here, a little about myself. I'm a FT working mom (Respiratory Therapist) to 2 children (ages 5 and 3). Currently, I'm at my highest non-pgcy weight. I've tried all the "fad diets" : South Beach, Atkins, starvation...you name it. I also tried LA Weight Loss and still fell off the bandwagon (and lost the $300 I had to pay upfront). I even tried C25K...three times. I lack in willpower and my husband is supportive verbally, but not in actions. Very frustrating. Ice cream is my weakness, especially in the summer. Aw, who am I kidding. It's a year round weakness!

I honestly don't know if I've gained or lost at all. We're in the process of moving to SC and my scale was already packed deep in a box in the garage. I dug it out 2 days ago and hopped on. 223 is what it read so that's what I'm considering my SW. I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. Mostly hate. I obsessed with my weight with my first pregnancy (lost a lot of weight after HS and was at my all time low - 145 - when I met my husband in 2001). I would weigh myself EVERY day with my first pregnancy and stress over the lbs as the scale went up. Yes, I knew it was supposed to go up, I just didn't like it. Nowadays I try and avoid my scale if I can. Before it was because I didn't want to gain weight, and now it's because the weight doesn't drop off fast enough. Leading to more discouragement.

So, that's me in a nutshell! :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    bump...I'm here gals, storms have been moving thru and I keep getting kicked off...probably will not catch up until tomorrow, but they are calling for storms then too.....

I see a few of you have lost this week!!!! That is super, I tell you I want so badly to jump on that scale...but I am going to wait it out another three weeks...I have been walking or mowing/weeding mostly for my exercise...I guess that is taking it down 25%:laugh: :laugh: , I really hope this works, this week I am to back off exercise by 50% while increasing calories 50%...this will be my test week, I have a mental thing eating over 2000 calories....

Hope your all well, house full of kids here today and gosh, the power was out for 2 hours this morning...

Welcome my2loves...hope to get to know you better and best of luck with your goals!

Victoria, I need to do the Walmart thing again myself....I'm putting it off...I hate the $300 a cart spending! LOL

Kendal, good luck with the house!

Kristina...Great job getting your runs in!! I need to hit the pavement!
    Talk with you soon!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Victoria and Deb - I did the $357 Costco trip about two weeks ago. The bill killed me and unpacking it was hell....but at least its done for another little while.

I am up 1.5 lbs this week. No suprise. You can't lose a ton of weight with the flu and expect to keep it off when tom hits. Plus I've not hardly worked out and I've eaten a lot of salty stuff this week. And I just have no energy at all.

So final weight of the challenge is 207.5.

I really like the way this challenge went, even though I too half followed it. I like the focus to be more on what I eat, how I eat and exercise instead of "lose X this week or don't meet your goal."
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Sweatin' through Summer
    Sizzlin; through Summer
    Slimming Down through Summer
    Still Going in Summer
    SuperHeros (blastin'/sizzlin'/sweatin') through Summer

I can't think of any more names at the moment. Can you tell I have heat on my brain?? Its HOT today!! I think we should stick to the same goals as this last challenge- everyone kinda makes their own non-weight focused goals.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    still holding strong here at 199. seems to be my routine though, so i'm not sweating it....

Cant believe its been another six weeks almost again. us ladies have been through alot together!! And I am glad to see some new faces also. Welcome!!

I'm game for whatever we want to call the next six weeks...heck we could even just go with a plain old......Superheros Unite! i dunno....im not good at these things....lol

Deb..hope all is ok with the storms. BATTEN DOWN YOUR HATCHES!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I like "Superpal's Sizzlin' through Summer"... But anything is great as long as we stick together!!! Yikes, one week left for the challenge. I can't wait to take my measurement's again. The dog and I got a 3 mile jog in before the rain started pouring down. He stinks - he got skunked earlier this week and now he's wet (*plugs nose*).

I don't really want to go but with Father's Day next weekend and the newly acquired Chevelle in the FIL's garage, DH wants to go downstate next weekend (*grumbles*). At least I think I've convinced him to get up early Sat to leave and to come home on Sunday. Just what I want is 9 more hours in the car over 2 days. The next weekend a friend from Chicago with 4 kids will be vacationing at our house for a week. It seems that every weekend from now to August is booked with things to do (*sighs*). At least I'm alive and kicking.

Welcome my2loves:flowerforyou: I'm a 40 year old physical therapist married for 19 years but no kids (unless you count DH and my bro who definitely act like children!!!). I started this journey in Sept at 237 and can't believe how successful and easy it has been to lose weight. I couldn't have done it without the help of these great ladies!!! This is the first time I've ever actually paid attention to what I eat in a diet (lifestyle change). I was shocked at how many calories I'd consume in a day. My whole outlook on life is much better with more energy and I actually like working out now. My mom is my biggest supporter and we try to do at least 30 min of exercise (walking, snow shoeing, DVD low impact aerobics or strength training) every day. My mom has lost 20 pounds. Feel free to ask any and all questions. We'll do our best to answer.

Well, I've gotta go - mom will be here soon for our workout and I should shower before we head out to dinner - I'm thinking ribs - oh yeah!!!! What else is a run for if I can't eat great food:wink:
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Adventures in Dog Walking

So I took Lexi to the park today. Rode with the top down. An 18 wheeler was stopped at a light behind me and I saw him laughing down at Lexi. She loves going to the park with the top down. As soon as we get there, I was going to put my purse and cell phone in the trunk, but instead I looked down and realized I put my purse and my KEYS in the trunk!! So I called my mom and she sent dad to my house to pick up my spare key. So I started my walk. I went a mile and decided to take Lexi's pack off cause it was hot and she was dragging. Went another .33 mile and dad showed up. I got the key and let lexi stop and get some water. The water that I had for her in the car was really hot though so I walked her over to the bathroom and got her some cold water from the tap. She was panting like crazy....it was still humid as all get out. So we walked twice more around. Did a little bit of jogging on the last lap. It took 38 minutes to walk 2 miles. Felt like such a fiasco.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kendal - that's actually a pretty good time. When I walk with mom and her dog, we take an hour to go 3 miles. A 20 min mile is a good brisk walking pace. I'm jealous that you have a convertible - I want to ride with the top down!!!

Bad Victoria, Bad, Bad Victoria.... I need to get out of the maintenance mode of thinking and stop thinking it's okay to go over by 500 since then I'm really just maintaining. Check-in for yesterday - 2252 consumed and over by 474. Thank goodness I did all that exercise yesterday or I really would have been in trouble. I have a bike ride planned for this morning with a friend and her husband, gardening and flower beds to tend to this afternoon and a kettle bell workout with mom this evening. It should be a nice day.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Checking in from yesterday:

2407 calories needed to maintain
    1772 eaten/ 710 burned/ -1345 day/ -1345 week

Did 20 minutes of strength training (need to continue to do this), mostly inner/outer thighs and upper body (back/arms... as they are weak as heck). 45 minutes on the elliptical on crosscountry mode (ramp going up and down v. resistance going up and down).

Glad to see so many of you check in!

Victoria: looks like you're getting a good amount of exercise, and yay for no gain this week! You've been around the same weight for the past few weeks. Get crackin' girlie! It's okay to go over 500 occasionally- for like a weekend splurge, but you can't be doing it all the time, or you will just be maintaining.

Kendal: congrats on the loss! that's fabulous- you're definitely out of the 230s for good! Way to recommit! Hope the house showing goes well today!

Trace: welcome to the group! everyone's super supportive here. just jump right on in!

Debra- glad to hear you're doing well. Keep off that scale!

Lacey- sounds like the weight gain was pretty explainable by TOM/flu, and you did get to the gym this week, so yay!

Carolyn- lovely to hear from you! Way to stay out of the 200s- what do you think you need to do to get yourself out of 199?

As for the challenge name, lovin' "Sizzlin' through Summer!"

Last weekend at my current apartment. I'm off in few to go to the clinic's summer walking group. It's a great opportunity for patients to get physical activity and socialize. It's not so great for Kristina to get her sleep on. At least I get a good start on the day. Plus the park is right by the rec center, and as I have nothing else concrete for the day, I plan to hit that up afterwards- do a shorter workout perhaps, but at least getting there.

Tomorrow I get to go over last minute details of the condo with the owners and get the keys Monday. it's going to be a crazy week in my life this week, which could mess with the last week of the challenge. I'm thinking I can still hit my goal of at least 5/week cardio, but I don't know if I'll get both runs in, unless they're on the treadmill, as I think I'll be using the rec center exclusively, as it's so close to the new place, and my plans are to pack my trunk with a bunch of crap in the evening, go to work the next day, work out, then unload crap at new place, and start over again for next day. Exciting times though!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday. Correct me if I'm not doing something right!

1430 goal + 267 from exercise = 1697
    1588 eaten

Completed L1D6 of the 30 Day Shred. Was supposed to do another day of the 200 Sit-Up Challenge, but I was hot and tired and I bailed. I'll complete my third day for the week when I get home from work tonight.

Does anyone know if it's worth it to get a HRM? I walk all day at work (12 hr shifts, 3 days/wk) so I know I'm burning something. Is there something else I can use to calculate what calories I'm burning while working? What about ankle weights? Worthwhile to wear 5 lbs (per ankle) while working?
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Kristina- I completely believe you should count moving as part of your cardio for the week. Moving is a LOT of physical activity.

I weighed myself again this morning. 226.0! I will stick with yesterday's weight for the challenge but I'm SO HAPPY to see the scale moving again. I always made excuses for why I wasn't losing for the past couple months. I think whats really getting me in line is that I've challenged myself to log all my food (at least Monday- Friday) and I will have a reward for myself if I do it for 4 weeks. I should have been doing it this whole time but I got complacent. I figured I was keeping a mental count of my calories and I really wasn't.

Anyways, I have 2.5 hours till the realtor is here to show the house so I need to get my butt in gear! Oh yeah! I'm wearing one of the only pairs of shorts I could fit in last summer and they are really loose! YAY!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I'm actually cold from digging weeds out of flower beds in a drizzling rain for the last 2 hours. I'm bummed the bike ride was canceled due to rain. I'll have to get on the treadmill and do some incline walking. Then I'm going to make kale soup and a chickpea salad. Yes, I'm hungry. I've already snacked on a hummus, sprout, tomato, pita sandwich.

Trace - HRMs are a good but not perfect way to figure out cal burned but make sure to buy a good one with programmable max VO2 such as Polar brands. Below is the best blog I've seen on them. If you're really serious, you may want to invest in a body bugg. Hopefully Debra logs on soon - she loves her new HRM. I would not recommend the ankle weights as it will put torque on your knee joints. If you want to wear extra weight to burn more calories, think about a weighted vest. Good luck.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

Kristina - Good luck on the move. Moving boxes is in the data base as ex...

Kendal - Woo Hoo!!! Wat to get the scale moving. Good luck on the house. I've got my finger's crossed that it sells soon so you wont need that second job.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, saved the superhero group for last to get my posts in:bigsmile: :bigsmile: ...before I have to get out the door again today!

Tom showed up and I have been eating like crazy!!!! oh my, good thing I had to up the calories this week by 50%...silly me, and to think I thought I would have trouble with it...shoot I'm 600 calories in today and I haven't had lunch yet:laugh: :laugh: and we are off to a graduation ( my side of the family) I have 12 aunts and uncles and they are all great cooks and they all bring enough to feed an army and it is usually mexican foods...oh my:embarassed: , I'm in twruble:bigsmile:

My2loves...Victoria is right....I love my heart rate monitor, I purchased the Polar F11 and it has different programs that will help you achieve your goals. I was underestimating how many calories that I was burning, and I also didn't give myself credit for how strong my heart was...the HRM really opended my eyes to these things. I was not eating enough for the amounts of calories that I was burning...I am in the process now of re-setting my body and getting all that worked out. I have heard though, since you want ot wear it all day, the body bug might be something that you want to look into, it looks like a great addition to help you be able to know what you are burning and a lot more comfortable than the HRM, I wore mine all day for a couple of days and it got a little sore from the band around he chest...the body bugs are worn on your arm I believe. If you have any specific questions, please ask...I researched for a while before I bought mine...I made the mistake and bought a cheapy $20 one the first time around and boy was it off, just keep that in mind when your looking....as Victoria mentioned you want one that will measure your Vo2.

Kristina...SO happy for you, and yes it is exciting...you enjoy this new phase of your life....packing and moving is so hard work, I bet your body will be begging for you to take a break to get that run in:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kendal...I am hoping not to fall in the same pattern with the NOT loggin of the foods, I do the mental thing too, or I'll write it on papers around the house and then get lazy about logging them..or I'll log all morning and then forget about evening and I know here lately I am really eatting when it is late, sometimes we are eating at 10:30 PM after getting home from the ball park...like I said before I am having no trouble getting in these extra calories, but I had better pay attention to the loggin.....I'm getting lazy about that...just needed a break I guess! OK, it's been about an 2 week break now :ohwell: :embarassed:

Hope everyone is doing well...I really need to get showered and ready....talk with you all soon!!

Victoria, tell your Mom Hello for me and great job at bringing out the kettlebells!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Debra - mom said "hi" back at you. She wasn't feeling good and skipped working out today... Sorry you are going to get a double and triple post on this..

Hope everyone's having a great day. The weather cleared up here and I was able to get out on a 2 hour (22 mile) bike ride with some friends. Finally got to do the beginner's Kettle Bell DVD - OMG!!!! I am out of shape. I used the 10 pound bell and could feel the muscle burn. So chalk up 15 min more strength training (up to 45 for the week). Maybe I'll do some sit ups/push ups later to get it to the goal of 60 min for the week.

I also managed to cook today and made a pretty good chickpea spinach salad:

10 ounces fresh or frozen spinach
    19 ounce can (2 cups) chickpeas *** okay I'm a blond, misread it and used 2 cans 15 ounces each***
    1 red bell pepper
    1 TBL fresh snipped chives ***I used green onion***
    1 to 2 lemons juiced or to taste
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

At least it was tasty and healthy:wink:

If using fresh spinach: cook spinach in a saucepan with the water clinging to its edges, stirring, until wilted. Drain, squeeze dry and finely chop. If using frozen spinach follow package directions, drain, squeeze dry, and finely chop.

In bowl combine the spinach with chickpeas, pepper, chives, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Serve as is or chill with toasted bread or as a filling for pita pocket.

In my goofed extra chickpea filled salad, 100 gr of salad = 125 cal...
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Victoria- that salad looks SUPER yummy. Will definitely have to make in the near future.

Walking group went well today. I went with the slower patients, so did the small loop (0.6 miles), but power walked it the second time with a coworker. Then went to the rec center and did 20 min on the bike. Not a super amount of cardio today, but it's something! Does having a mild panic attack count as exercise? I have so much stuff to go through and pack. ACK!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    My check-in for today 1687 consumed and under by 963.

Kristina - Panic attacks count if your heart rate increases. Good luck getting it all packed and moved.
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    1697 goal
    1541 eaten

My eating habits are always a bit goofy on the days I work. It's like I have 2 mini dinners. One at work around 5 and one when I get home (after working out) around 9/9:30. Oh well. Hopefully that won't have too much of an effect. Finished L1D7 of the 30 DS. I was craving me some peanut butter hardcore afterwards!

Are there any "rules" on going over on protein? I didn't today, but I know some days I could easily go over.