Newbie :) Almost 300 pounds and scared to death

Options
1235»

Replies

• Rosienlove
    Rosienlove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Started at 270 and today I'm 252.5. Good luck!
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I struggle with some of the same feelings. I was also diagnosed with panic disorder a few years ago.(Maybe look into that?) Anyway,I lost 55 pounds since joining MFP last year at this time. 59 more to go! Sending you a friend request.:)
  • _treehugger74
    _treehugger74 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love all the positivity in this post! I am back to the site to try and lose what I lost before. I know it can be done ... I just need to get it done again. Good luck to everyone!!
  • amya72
    amya72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm still fairly new at this, however, with the logging of my food at the very least I'm more conscious of what I'm eating. Doesn't mean I always eat under my calories, but I'm more aware and have to KNOW that I'm going over instead of remaining oblivious. You can do this - don't give up!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It will get easier to stay under calories. Check out your log and recognize where you went over and make replacements with smarter choices. Ive personally had to work on eliminating things like chips and pretzels and add whole foods to fill me up with less calories.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If I may make a suggestion, take some photos today so you can see your progress. The before and afters will be amazing.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

I started a year ago and lost over 50 lbs. Really wish I had taken some pictures in the beginning.

If I can offer one point it would be to not make any drastic changes, just small ones you can live with. Set small goals, achieve them, and raise the bar for the next goals. You are doing this for your life, not to hit some random number on a scale.