jen973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Kudos to you!
  • lesstratford
    lesstratford Posts: 113 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Esmama12 wrote: »
    That is truly incredible and very inspiring. Bet it feels good to be alive and able to do so much more.

It does, it really does. My new gym is 2 miles from my house. I jogged there yesterday. My trainer asked if I was counting it as cardio, my reply was ' no, just my preferred method of transportation.

• subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Remarkable. Well done.
  • unniexo
    unniexo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. You have truly inspired me.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow! What you have done is amazing. I mean that. I agree that this is one of the best transformations I've seen. I am so happy for you!

I have a long way to go (over 100 pounds to go) and I've started this journey many times but *this* time it's forever. Thanks for addressing the loose skin issue. It's one of the things that I've stressed over the most.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible! I admire your dedication. I'm just sorry you had to have such a rude wake up call.
    And I must say:
    FHNw7JJ.gif
  • lesstratford
    edited March 2015
    Options
    youtu.be/MNo_0vE8rCk A video I made last year.
  • lesstratford
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I have a long way to go (over 100 pounds to go) and I've started this journey many times but *this* time it's forever. Thanks for addressing the loose skin issue. It's one of the things that I've stressed over the most.

Every time a 'loose skin' video comes out it is a double edged sword. I want to celebrate their success (and I do) but I worry that people that are losing will fear that will be them and cause them a set back or make them give up all together. Everyone's skin is different, but giving it some love along the way will help.

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Wow! You really did it! Did anyone try to convince you to do bariatric surgery instead of doing it the old fashioned way? If so, what caused you to not pursue that path? I tend to watch My 600 Lb, Life and they frequently seem to believe that it is a miracle cure and they don't do very well complying with doctor's orders about diet and exercise. I did not realize excess skin could be exercised away to a considerable degree. I thought surgery was the only option. I am learning a lot from you already and feel encouraged. You are to be commended for your consistency and dedication. I believe you will be a great inspiration to others, whether they have large or small amounts to lose. I have 55 to go. If you can do it, I have no excuses.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Awesome job my man! I love these success stories!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    awesome man! you look great. what dedication!!!!
  • lesstratford
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Wow! You really did it! Did anyone try to convince you to do bariatric surgery instead of doing it the old fashioned way? If so, what caused you to not pursue that path? I tend to watch My 600 Lb, Life and they frequently seem to believe that it is a miracle cure and they don't do very well complying with doctor's orders about diet and exercise. I did not realize excess skin could be exercised away to a considerable degree. I thought surgery was the only option. I am learning a lot from you already and feel encouraged. You are to be commended for your consistency and dedication. I believe you will be a great inspiration to others, whether they have large or small amounts to lose. I have 55 to go. If you can do it, I have no excuses.

No, I never considered the surgery. I knew once I made it alive out of my hospital stay that I would try to repair all the damage my poor choices had caused my body. It wasn't the fast food, it wasn't my love of all things Reese's, it was my inability to not take things to excess. It was also my lack of motivation to move. I was a functioning morbidly obese but when work was over it was like I stapled my computer chair to my butt, I just didn't move
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    That is INSANELY amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! You look terrific! Love your glasses btw!
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Totally inspiring!!xx Congrats!!
  • lesstratford
    Options
    That is INSANELY amazing!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! You look terrific! Love your glasses btw!

Thanks! (On all counts)
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You have made a huge accomplishment and are a great inspiration.
  • btmixon
    btmixon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thanks for sharing
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You really took control of your life. You've done an incredibly amazing job, and you are certainly to be admired. (*)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!