The Truth About Calories.

Options

Replies

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Hope it helps to keep you away from the chips, chocolate and cheesecake!!!!!"

That's just one of those (stupid, but harmless) things that people say to other people who are dieting because they think it's encouraging.

The OP said that they found the documentary motivational, recommended it to be helpful and then tried to give some "nice" words of encouragement at the end.
    Their hearts in the right place. :)
    maidentl wrote: »
    OP is saying they will never again eat a single bite of cheesecake, not one chip will ever go into their mouth, and will never again experience the taste Of chocolate. Because "a documentary" told her she has to stay away from those things.

Good for them. Me? Imma have a Cadbury egg later.

How are they now? I read that they changed the formula so I haven't tried any this year. Which is probably a good thing, the caramel ones are my kryptonite.

They're still decent. Not as OMG I GOTTA EAT THEM ALL NAO as I recall, but I will not be throwing them away. I'm truly thinking about mixing one into some of my plain Greek. Add some sin to my sensible. :)

"sin to my sensible" I love that! Is that your quote? :smiley:
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What's the documentary about? That not all calories are equal? Or that you can eat anything you want because it's all about CICO?

Personally, I believe that weight loss depends on a calorie deficit, and health is gained if you eat nutritious food.

And also, ''bad'' foods are nutritious....... for the soul. ;D
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Tl;Dr
    Is it a mean people thread yet?
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »

That's just one of those (stupid, but harmless) things that people say to other people who are dieting because they think it's encouraging.

The OP said that they found the documentary motivational, recommended it to be helpful and then tried to give some "nice" words of encouragement at the end.
    OP is saying they will never again eat a single bite of cheesecake, not one chip will ever go into their mouth, and will never again experience the taste Of chocolate. Because "a documentary" told her she has to stay away from those things.

How are they now? I read that they changed the formula so I haven't tried any this year. Which is probably a good thing, the caramel ones are my kryptonite.

They're still decent. Not as OMG I GOTTA EAT THEM ALL NAO as I recall, but I will not be throwing them away. I'm truly thinking about mixing one into some of my plain Greek. Add some sin to my sensible. :)

Yeah, I just kinda pulled it outta my rear haha.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    No, the bored ones will just flick feather dusters. The unbored ones will go hardcore. What are you looking for?

Only hard core need apply

funny-pictures-history-mom-youre-so-right-getting-stoned-first-makes-housework-amazing.jpg

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Thread takeaway:
    1: Never eat chips, cheesecake or chocolate; they will make you fat and you won't be able to perform at Carnival.
    2: If you watched the documentary and you disagree with, you're snarky and mean and should go find another thread.
    3. If you didn't watch the documentary and you disagree with it, you're an idiot.
    4. Housewives are lazy and use feather dusters.
    5. Mr. Knight is out of Forum Jail.

I feel like I might have missed one somewhere....
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    No, the bored ones will just flick feather dusters. The unbored ones will go hardcore. What are you looking for?

Only hard core need apply

funny-pictures-history-mom-youre-so-right-getting-stoned-first-makes-housework-amazing.jpg

That little girl has a point.

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Thread takeaway:
    1: Never eat chips, cheesecake or chocolate; they will make you fat and you won't be able to perform at Carnival.
    2: If you watched the documentary and you disagree with, you're snarky and mean and should go find another thread.
    3. If you didn't watch the documentary and you disagree with it, you're an idiot.

6. A cure for boredom is throwing rocks at earnest posters.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    Thread takeaway:

It turned into a "Mean Thread" for the win! Yay!
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I burn tons of calories while my house is being cleaned. My housekeeper let's herself in and I go for a hearty jog. Win-win.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options

It's a keeper! :smiley:

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I burn tons of calories while my house is being cleaned. My housekeeper let's herself in and I go for a hearty jog. Win-win.

It's a keeper! :smiley:

• jvt63
    jvt63 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    "never eat chocolate again" DOES NOT EQUATE to "help you stay away from chips, chocolate, and cheesecake."

Most people who want to lose weight, or maintain their loss, would do well to stay away from these foods most of the time. They might be considered "treats," which implies a once-in-awhile special occasion.

To those who choose to eat them every day, because they can eat them in amounts that fit into their caloric requirements, congrats!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Does anyone even really get offered cheesecake every day? I certainly don't. What is this magical fairy world where cheesecake is constantly before you?
  • jvt63
    jvt63 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think it's called a supermarket. The sell cheesecake there, I think. Chocolate and chips, too. And you don't have to have it offered to you. You can buy it yourself, with your very own money.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Does anyone even really get offered cheesecake every day? I certainly don't. What is this magical fairy world where cheesecake is constantly before you?

:laugh: snort :laugh:

But yeah. I've been guilty of going grocery shopping when i'm hungry and coming home with cheescake and chocolate croissants and mud cake etc etc One day i shall learn....
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    That doesn't change a thing. If anything, it deepens the irony.

:drinker:

Me not objecting to the documentary doesn't change a thing about your statements accusing me of objecting to the documentary?

So you are determined to let your assessment of me stand regardless of the facts? This seems like it has much more to do with you than it does with me. If my actual statements and beliefs make no difference, then project away.

Shh, attempting logical back and forth here is futile. If I discuss this further I'm sure I'll get warning s from the mods trolol.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    Thread takeaway:

It turned into a "Mean Thread" for the win! Yay!

Well duh, mfp stands for mean frowning people, what so you expect??