Size 12 little black dress=Panic and anxiety

Options

Replies

• coonhoundlove
    coonhoundlove Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you the advice and kind, encouraging words! I spent the remainder of yesterday kind of hibernating, processing all the thoughts and emotions. I woke up this morning feeling much better. I am planning to post a pic later today. When I do, please know that I'm absolutely not fishing for compliments by doing it. Just needing to put myself out there in a "safe" environment first, as suggested by a few of you. Hugs to you all!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the amazing weight loss! Your story made me smile :)
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Well if it makes you feel any better I teared up just reading your post OP. It's such an amazing feeling when all your hard work pays off. Well done X
  • coonhoundlove
    coonhoundlove Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pic as promised. My apologies that it is a selfie taken in my bathroom!dy0fb55d8ukq.jpg
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly you look absolutely fabulous in that dress! What a great figure you have, btw.
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are beautiful!!! The dress looks amazing. Congratulations, I am so glad that you got to experience that. If I were you I'd be wearing to walk the dog, to go to the grocery store, to do errands around the house...!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Oh that's beautiful! WELL DONE!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You look amazing-well done!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    1. You look amazing!
    2. Where can I buy that dress?
  • MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm so happy for you!

I've had those same feelings and emotions off and on. I think it's a totally normal part of it. It takes a while for your brain to adjust and sometimes being confronted with the change is a major shock to the system! I think it helps to remind yourself that your feelings are totally normal. Give yourself permission to feel them when they come, negative or positive. I find the anxiety and panic is often because I'm beating myself up over how I "should" feel or freaking out because I'm trying to sort through a lot of conflicting emotions. I try to just breathe through it, let myself feel whatever I feel, and then let it go. Easier said than done! But it helps me. :)

And when you feel like it, definitely celebrate yourself and your accomplishments! You've done fabulously! Congratulations!!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congrats to you. You look beautiful.

My problem is that I felt like I was looking at a stranger in the mirror. I started to cry. Tears of disbelief, pride, fear, amazement, anger (towards my former overweight self)...so many emotions.

And yes, having lost a large amount of weight myself, I have felt like this many times. You worded it perfectly. Just a couple of weeks ago I was trying on some clothes. I looked at my daughter and said it's so weird to look in the mirror...I don't even recognize myself. It's both thrilling and unsettling, and yes, I've experience that same anxiety. It's strange how that works.

• DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hope you get used to the new you, because she really looks good! Nice job.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I weighed in at 273 this morning (27 pounds down from a dr visit in January & more than 100 pounds from my goal weight) & I hope that I look as amazing as you do when I hit my goal. Seriously, you look great!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i have not experienced that recently but my daughter did yesterday. I took her shopping for her birthday and she went to try on 12's and 14's in jeans. she put the 12's on and they fit perfectly. it was the best shopping experience she has had in a long time

CONGRATULATIONS on your smaller size
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    ps you look great in the "little black dress"
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are absolutely gorgeous, and look fantastic in that dress! Congrats on the transformation! Yes, it will take a while to get used to the new you, I am going through the same thing myself!

My husband keeps telling me how attractive I look now, (not that he ever, ever said otherwise!!) and I am struggling to accept it as truth and not that he's just looking for somethin' somethin' o:):p
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great story, great dress.
  • Selah722
    Selah722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    SO Beautiful! lovely lady! Congratulations!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    tatihesby wrote: »
    Love this story!!! WHERE is the "like" button?!?

I agree!!!! MFP totally needs a "Like" button!

Congrats to the OP on her amazing weight loss and new dress!!!! Enjoy and feel proud!

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, and that dress is fabulous!

Congrats on the weight loss - you've done great! You aren't the only one who struggles with those types of emotions. I think it happens to anyone who has lost a substantial amount of weight. I know I've been there before. Heck, there are some days I still feel like that. Honestly, there are moments when I wonder if my brain is ever going to catch up with my body. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. You'll get there!