Running in street clothes

Options
1235»

Replies

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I do not have a problem with people wearing jeans to work out in. I prefer jeans to sweat pants most of the time. I usually wear my sweat pants to sleep in or when it is winter.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Attention people who can't afford work out clothes: Old Navy has running shorts for $5 today only!
    Damn...I missed it. I generally try to catch their $2 tank sale and buy like 10 of them at a time (usually just black ones). When they get worn out or start to look a bit dodgy, I just throw them away without any remorse :drinker:
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    the bike comments are funny to me, i live in the sf bay area and tons of people bike for transportation (even people with driver's licenses, lol). girls in skirts, old men in slacks, people in their regular going to work clothes. i usually only see real biking gear on the trail, not on the street.

running in jeans sounds... icky and sweaty.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    the bike comments are funny to me, i live in the sf bay area and tons of people bike for transportation (even people with driver's licenses, lol). girls in skirts, old men in slacks, people in their regular going to work clothes. i usually only see real biking gear on the trail, not on the street.

running in jeans sounds... icky and sweaty.

I agree. I don't give a second thought to people biking around town in street clothes. I don't have a gym membership anymore, but I always did find it puzzling when someone would work out in jeans or their regular clothes. And it was never a regular that maybe just forgot their gym stuff that day. It was almost always someone I'd never there ever again.
  • can52398
    can52398 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole thread so this may have been posted before but I got some really nice barely used exercise clothes at yard sales. Of course I washed it all before I wore it but I paid $.25 for something barely worn that someone probably paid $25 for.