Your favorite black

Replies

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    I second the starbucks blonde, any light roasts I find are good black they have more acidity and tang to them, and on the plus side the lighter the roast the higher the caffeine content.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Any brand of French vanilla coffee is delicious and I can drink black. Foldgers gets the job done. Dunkin also works. Starbucks brands are all over roasted and bitter in my opinion though. Also I really dig the red velvet coffee at World Market. No sugar or cream needed.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    jddnw wrote: »
    This is what i am referring to.

classic_pour_over_brewer_0.jpg?sw=638&sh=638

I have something just like this made by Melita. It makes great coffee and it's much easier to clean than a french press. I definitely recommend it.

:-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    jddnw wrote: »
    This what an inexpensive grinder looks like. I can't emphasize enough the taste benefits of fresh ground from whole beans.

krups_twin_blade_grinder_500x500.jpg

I just chose that on starbux dot calm
  • MyChocolateDiet
    nickatine wrote: »
    I second the starbucks blonde, any light roasts I find are good black they have more acidity and tang to them, and on the plus side the lighter the roast the higher the caffeine content.

Yes that's a plus and allows me to order my blondes short.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    geotrice wrote: »
    Any brand of French vanilla coffee is delicious and I can drink black. Foldgers gets the job done. Dunkin also works. Starbucks brands are all over roasted and bitter in my opinion though. Also I really dig the red velvet coffee at World Market. No sugar or cream needed.

Okay!

*edits text to mom to read "pls get me red velvet coffee from world market"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    geotrice wrote: »

Okay!

*edits text to mom to read "pls get me red velvet coffee from world market"

Also this French vanilla trick, you just reminded me something I already knew, that is true! I used to choose those pre flavored black coffee back in the day.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Oops I scrwed up quotimg^^ I might need more coffee :\
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    I usually buy organic 100% arabica coffee
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    This weeks favourite is Costa Rica Monte Brisas Finca Salaca Typica Black Honey... from here - http://www.hasbean.co.uk/products/costa-rica-monte-brisas-salaca-typica-black-honey

Drop some of that in the Rancilio Rocky, grind them up and into the Epoca... Lovely. Excuse me, think I need another Shot.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm not sure if you have one near you, but Aldi has french vanilla and hazelnut coffee for $5.99 each. It's so good, and I don't need sugar or cream/milk to drink it!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    Gloria Jean's Caramel or Hazelnut.

There's another brand as well, but I forget it's name.

These are black ground coffees.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    I usually get an organic fair trade Coda coffee from my local coffee shop. I like Guatemalan the most!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    I'm not sure if you have one near you, but Aldi has french vanilla and hazelnut coffee for $5.99 each. It's so good, and I don't need sugar or cream/milk to drink it!
    I don't think I've ever seen one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Gloria Jean's Caramel or Hazelnut.

There's another brand as well, but I forget it's name.

These are black ground coffees.

Caramel sounds good
  • MyChocolateDiet
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I usually get an organic fair trade Coda coffee from my local coffee shop. I like Guatemalan the most!
    I almost bought Guatemalan from Starbucks yesterday...something called "casi cielo"... I just liked the name. :blush:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Peet's is my favorite. I get the whole bean at Costco (they also have it at Target, and most grocery stores). I grind it fresh every few days and drink two cups, black, every morning. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    So far I came up with a really good sun tea solution to my needs.

Until I get the Mellita , Krups, and coffee beans.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Denzel Washington. :wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    techgal128 wrote: »
    Denzel Washington. :wink:
    Really?