How do you have your avacado?

Options
13»

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Mmm I LOVE avocado!!!!! My favorite way to eat it lately is on wheat toast!! I mash up half of an avocado with a little feta and some diced tomatoes...a little lemon juice... then I spread that on my wheat toast and top with cucumber slices! SO yummy! :)

Oh yum... I will try this.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Personally for me, if I don't like something or it makes me feel ill, I wont eat it regardless how healthy it is. There are plenty of other nutritious foods that I do like and don't make me ill to eat. With that being said, I hate avocados and if they are on a sandwich or salad and take them off and throw them in the trash.
  • AKbluedragonfly
    AKbluedragonfly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird but I've mashed up avocados with the yellow part while making deviled eggs. If you like deviled eggs, you may want to try this. But really, if you don't like avocado, then don't eat them. There are other sources of healthy fats out there (olive oil, coconut oil, nuts).
  • Lila90
    Lila90 Posts: 27
    Options
    How i eat my avocados:

-homemade chocolate avocado pudding

-homemade fudgesicles

-as an oil alternative when baking chocolate or dark chocolate sweets: muffins, brownies, & cookies

-for creamier smoothies

-as a spread: sandwiches, burgers, tortillas

Avocado by itself tastes nasty to me. I can only tolerate it if it's heavily masked or mixed with other ingredients.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I use it as guac. but srsly. if you don't like it, don't eat it..
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I cut up a half of an avocado and top it with salsa. So yummy! It's one of my favorite snacks.
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can't stomach avacado without feeling naseous!! It is good for me though so I feel obligated to eat some if I want to get anywhere with this fitness stuff....so how do you guys have your avacados that make it tastier??
    I do not eat avocado. Or guacamole. Bleh.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I can't stomach avacado without feeling naseous!! It is good for me though so I feel obligated to eat some if I want to get anywhere with this fitness stuff....so how do you guys have your avacados that make it tastier??

I cut it open, add a little salt and lemon juice, and eat it. Simple.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat something that makes you nauseated?
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    I mash it up, add a little bit of tomato, red onion, garlic, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice, through it on a backed potato or put it in a warm flower tortilla and enjoy!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If it makes you sick to your stomach, WHY EAT IT even if it is healthy. Listen to your body. Being sick to your stomach after eating something is not normal. There are other things that have the same healthy qualities as avocado I would suggest doing some research and finding alternatives.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Avocado is so tasty! I love it in practically everything, haha! In a smoothie, on a sandwich, guacamole, or by itself. If you want to try to like avocado, I suggest a smoothie, with other veggies. You won't really taste it at all. And if you spread a little bit on a sandwich, you also won't really taste it.

But bottom line, if you really, REALLY don't like avocado, no sweat. Its a good source of fat, but not the only source.