Brownies

Options

Replies

• sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    In the what do you do when you crave sugar thread there is an awesome gif of a slutty brownie sundae. You know, if you are into that kind of thing.

I'm starting to get the two threads confused. And my mouth is literally watering.

I am having that same problem because I have them both open in different tabs. And I think I am making brownies this weekend.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    :heart_eyes:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    In the what do you do when you crave sugar thread there is an awesome gif of a slutty brownie sundae. You know, if you are into that kind of thing.

I'm starting to get the two threads confused. And my mouth is literally watering.

I am having that same problem because I have them both open in different tabs. And I think I am making brownies this weekend.

Yeah. I think I'll be making brownies as well. I've only used my oven like 3 times in my life so I'll be needing guidance.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    This is at one of my favorite restaurants. I haven't had one yet.

Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownie:

Moist and rich chocolate brownie on a pretzel crust drizzled with sea salted caramel. Served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
  • ana3067
    Options
    Screen-Shot-2015-03-08-at-1.25.37-PM.png
  • sunburntgalaxy
    Options

Yeah. I think I'll be making brownies as well. I've only used my oven like 3 times in my life so I'll be needing guidance.

Brownies are actually a good choice - not to difficult to make. This thread reminded me that I used to make brownies (and lemon bars) all the time for my mom. I haven't thought about that in years (she passed away gosh, 21 years ago) but this thread brought back all these good brownie memories for me. I even found the recipe I used to use (easy to find - the page is covered in cocoa in the book). But they are a good starter thing to bake in my opinion and there are tons of great recipes all over the internet that are not too difficult. And the best part with brownies - if they are a little underdone and gooey they are great with ice cream, and if the edges burn a little too much you can cut them off and the rest will usually still be ok (usually - not always).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Insides. Brownies should not crunch (unless I'm eating brownie brittle)
  • arditarose
    Options

Brownies are actually a good choice - not to difficult to make. This thread reminded me that I used to make brownies (and lemon bars) all the time for my mom. I haven't thought about that in years (she passed away gosh, 21 years ago) but this thread brought back all these good brownie memories for me. I even found the recipe I used to use (easy to find - the page is covered in cocoa in the book). But they are a good starter thing to bake in my opinion and there are tons of great recipes all over the internet that are not too difficult. And the best part with brownies - if they are a little underdone and gooey they are great with ice cream, and if the edges burn a little too much you can cut them off and the rest will usually still be ok (usually - not always).

Perfect! Oh, and my mom always made lemon bars. I really love them but haven't had one in like 20 years probably.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    Options

Perfect! Oh, and my mom always made lemon bars. I really love them but haven't had one in like 20 years probably.

Lemon bars are super easy to make too - I used to know the recipe by heart but haven't made them in a long time (but they are in the same cook book as the brownies so I may have to make them too). But the brownies are less work for sure.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I might have to take one for the team here and make brownies. Ya'll suck big time.
  • ana3067
    Options
    just make them for me. with fudge. and icing.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    And caramel.
  • ana3067
    Options
    can there be brownie-flavoured water?
  • PrizePopple
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

I was going to put some of my mini chocolate chips in them. Though I don't have any caramel, and I had plans of going all out the next time I made brownies. This endeavor might have to wait until I can make them properly. By properly I clearly mean a caloric taste bomb for my mouth.

ETA: I think I can wiggle some Speculoos in there, and then frost it like a cupcake. Or better yet, Oreos on the bottom and the frosting on the top.
  • ana3067
    Options

I was going to put some of my mini chocolate chips in them. Though I don't have any caramel, and I had plans of going all out the next time I made brownies. This endeavor might have to wait until I can make them properly. By properly I clearly mean a caloric taste bomb for my mouth.
    That's why I'm waiting until April.

OMG CAN I MAKE ALCOHOLIC BROWNIES
  • arditarose
    edited March 2015
    Options

struggles
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Has anyone ever added butterscotch chips to their brownies? I'm thinking I could get down for some of that.
  • PrizePopple
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's why I'm waiting until April.

OMG CAN I MAKE ALCOHOLIC BROWNIES

Dark Chocolate Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes

*drops mic*