Dr. Oz

Belle8312
Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, this may stir up some heated comments, so I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by what I am about to say.

I personally think Dr. Oz is a total quack. Granted, he is a great surgeon. But I think 90% of the stuff he says about weight loss and 3-day cleanse plans, etc is crap.

I have friends that swear by him and think he is the greatest thing since Starbucks.

Thoughts???

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    He is a quack!!
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Don't think it will stir up much here. I'm pretty sure the consensus among this website's active users agrees with you: he's a clown whose main job is to sell products and make money, not offer health advice.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    I don't know too much about Dr Oz but I am familiar with him. I've always wondered why people dislike so much him here on MFP so i'd like to see the comments that ensue
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Quack. Every other show is some pill to lose weight, super foods to drop pounds, and the infamous poop shows about what it should look like and its shape. Weird...
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Dr. Oz, you say?

sUhuYn5.jpg
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    duck-quack.jpg
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    I think it's a well known fact that he's a quack.

That said, there are a ton of people who believe everything he says. There's the "Dr Oz" affect in retail. Any time we got word that he would be promoting something on his show, we would always buy a TON of whatever it was and sell out anyhow. He may be a quack, but he's effective at selling product.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    If it sounds like a DUCK.....
  • PeachyCarol
    dr-oz-meme.jpg
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    duck-quack.jpg

double quack
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    30a2aafceacd099e9b0fd1af97b92220.jpg
  • SconnieCat
    edited March 2015
    Also relevant...

98b11edcafdb6f5f9d32940b99bc81a9f21084aa3d5651cd3a14ebe437d05db5.jpg
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    A new perfect weightloss ______________ every week? Why didn't the first one work?

QUACK!
    Money hungry *kitten*
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    this may be on of the few threads where we get 100% agreement ...

dr oz is a quack
  • PeachyCarol
    d1884109.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_QI1CoD7a4XPxG2Sp-igWjgEv7IDkiu2agUnIyDPbnO_s_P5VmA
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    81Katz wrote: »

My sentiments exactly
  • Belle8312
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Dr. Oz, you say?

sUhuYn5.jpg

LOL!
  • SconnieCat
    81Katz wrote: »

Also found on Facebook....

"Is Drinking Wine Better Than Going to the Gym? You'll Never Guess what Scientists Say!"

and

"Doctors Told Him Broccoli was Going to Murder his Family. You Won't Believe What Happened Next!"
  • SconnieCat
    edited March 2015
    ndj1979 wrote: »

dr oz is a quack

Common hate for Dr. Oz: Bringing the people of MFP together since 2010
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    dr oz = brilliant salesman/charlatan and total quack ....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I think he fell off the doctor wagon (is he even a doctor!?!) and onto the "I like magic pills because people throw money at me when I promote them" wagon

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Ce2uq.png
  • Belle8312
    I have a coworker that starts multiple conversations multiple times a week with "well Dr. Oz said" "On yesterday's Dr. Oz show" I seriously think one of these days I'm going to puke.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,738 Member

dr oz is a quack

That's what I was thinking! How he has managed to stay on TV every day for so long is beyond me. Actually, makes me sad for society that so many people believe and support him.
  • LG_Adventure
    LG_Adventure Posts: 27 Member
    I got to witness an older stay at home wife try one of his diet quack crap tricks that involved several hundred dollars of shakes, meal plans and supplements, only to have her get sick for 2 weeks straight off of it. (they said 2 straight weeks of diarrhea was normal, a part of the process of "cleansing). Then they had her start fasting for 3 days at a time. I don't care who you are... 3 day fasts are horrible for you, and doing them once a month is just stupid. She lost some weight (of course) but she is still pretty sick from it.

I think the reason most people on here agree he's a quack is because we're on here to manage our eating (healthy wise) and exercise regularly, and keep each other accountable. Those things work. Pills and gimmick diets don't. If they did, there would be nobody on here, because we'd all be skinny from eating respberry ketones / goji berries / green coffee bean / hoodia etc.

Just my two cents... but its amazing how people fall for his every word.
  • Belle8312
    edited March 2015
    BZAH10 wrote: »

dr oz is a quack

That's what I was thinking! How he has managed to stay on TV every day for so long is beyond me. Actually, makes me sad for society that so many people believe and support him.

Oprah endorses him. "You get a quack, you get a quack, YOU ALL GET A QUACK!!!"

:smiley:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    He's pathetic. Back in the day, when he simply explained medical things on Oprah and wrote books, he was enjoyable. He can explain those things well. But then he got his own show and just lost it - his credibility, his mind, his marbles. All of a sudden he was endorsing every quick fix under the sun. It's sad really.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Love this thread!