Dr. Oz

13»

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this may be on of the few threads where we get 100% agreement ...

dr oz is a quack

Nothing on MFP will ever have 100% agreement.

There are idiots everywhere

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    We started emailing and I just thought he had some real good ideas...

Dr.Oz emailed you personaly?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    I think so far the only legit disagreement is over the use of the term "quack." Most are comfortable with it, I personally think it implies he's a foolish boob who actually believes what he's saying.

I think he smart and competent and knows full well he's selling garbage, but he doesn't care because it's bringing him fame and riches.

In my mind, that's WORSE than a quack.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I think so far the only legit disagreement is over the use of the term "quack." Most are comfortable with it, I personally think it implies he's a foolish boob who actually believes what he's saying.

I think he smart and competent and knows full well he's selling garbage, but he doesn't care because it's bringing him fame and riches.

Yep.

• x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member

YEP!!! I second this for sure.

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Well, there's always one.

Did someone just white knight Dr. Oz? :confused:

Apparently. Dr. Oz will sleep well tonight knowing this, I'm sure.

I'm sure he's appreciative of those who come to his defense in the name of medicine.
  • leigh49137
    leigh49137 Posts: 2 Member
    ezvpvkarphdc.jpg
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member

You make an excellent point. I retract my earlier quack photo. He's a sellout who lies.

c2e78892988988ef9380aa019f93b36f.jpg?iw=300

• bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    I didn't even know Dr. Oz was real until yesterday... I had always thought of him as some bogie-man used to make children behave... along the lines of Dr. Oz says if you don't brush your teeth, you'll die in your sleep.
  • HeySwoleSister

You make an excellent point. I retract my earlier quack photo. He's a sellout who lies.

c2e78892988988ef9380aa019f93b36f.jpg?iw=300

I concur with both your statement and meme.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

LOVE THIS!
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I don't think it is insulting to call him a quack. If you re-read my original post, I actually did say he is a great surgeon. It just seems like everything his show is about is trying to make a quick dollar by endorsing some type of product (which you know, if he is endorsing it, he's getting a cut of the profits) that does nothing for anyone.
    If he was right about everything he promotes on his show, then every single person that watches the show (and their friends) would be 100% in perfect health, perfect shape, and happy.
    Just sayin....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    blink1021 wrote: »
    Its a t.v. show and if people try what he discusses on his shows without talking to their medical professional than whose fault is that? He is a doctor but he is not everyones personal physician. I have only watched a few of his shows and I have never seen him endorse a weight loss pill. I have seen him bring people on who have successfully lost weight to talk about how they have done it. Again I have only watched a few shows. You can troll the internet and see just about anybody's face on a weight loss product whether they give their permission or not. Again these shows are not a diagnosis and people are idiots if they try anything without their doctors ok. I do not add a supplement without talking to my doctor.

When everyone gets all fired up about Dr. Oz I just have to laugh its a show if its not your thing than don't watch. If people choose to believe it than that's their choice because if it wasn't him it would be someone else.

sigh....

OK I guess we will get 99.9% agreement...

Dr. OZ has most certainly endorsed weight loss pills...just google his name..

here is his two week weight loss plan

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/dr-ozs-two-week-rapid-weight-loss-diet
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    9d7bb8061fb0964e553bcba47cec8717.jpg
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited April 2015
    Y'all realize that the purpose of a television show is profit making first and entertainment second? Education is somewhere down the list but not sure where.

Just because everything doesn't ring your chimes doesn't mean someone can't glean some useful information from it.

Although featuring something on his show could be considered an endorsement, he repeatedly states that he endorses NO products and all those internet ads for diet junk do NOT have permission to use his name.

It seems to me that there are many closed minded people on here. An open and discerning mind is a good thing.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Y'all realize that the purpose of a television show is profit making first and entertainment second? Education is somewhere down the list but not sure where.

Just because everything doesn't ring your chimes doesn't mean someone can't glean some useful information from it.

Although featuring something on his show could be considered an endorsement, he repeatedly states that he endorses NO products and all those internet ads for diet junk do NOT have permission to use his name.

It seems to me that there are many closed minded people on here. An open and discerning mind is a good thing.

Your saying stuff, but you aren't hearing it.
  • HeySwoleSister
    I didn't even know Dr. Oz was real until yesterday... I had always thought of him as some bogie-man used to make children behave... along the lines of Dr. Oz says if you don't brush your teeth, you'll die in your sleep.

FFS, stop giving him show topic ideas. I just know this one is coming up.

THE HIDDEN ORAL HYGIENE DANGER YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT! UP NEXT ON DR. OZ!

And then he'll sell you a toothpaste that has fat-burning superfoods mixed right in.