Dr. Oz

Options

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this may be on of the few threads where we get 100% agreement ...

dr oz is a quack

Common hate for Dr. Oz: Bringing the people of MFP together since 2010
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    dr oz = brilliant salesman/charlatan and total quack ....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think he fell off the doctor wagon (is he even a doctor!?!) and onto the "I like magic pills because people throw money at me when I promote them" wagon

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Ce2uq.png
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that starts multiple conversations multiple times a week with "well Dr. Oz said" "On yesterday's Dr. Oz show" I seriously think one of these days I'm going to puke.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

dr oz is a quack

That's what I was thinking! How he has managed to stay on TV every day for so long is beyond me. Actually, makes me sad for society that so many people believe and support him.
  • LG_Adventure
    LG_Adventure Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got to witness an older stay at home wife try one of his diet quack crap tricks that involved several hundred dollars of shakes, meal plans and supplements, only to have her get sick for 2 weeks straight off of it. (they said 2 straight weeks of diarrhea was normal, a part of the process of "cleansing). Then they had her start fasting for 3 days at a time. I don't care who you are... 3 day fasts are horrible for you, and doing them once a month is just stupid. She lost some weight (of course) but she is still pretty sick from it.

I think the reason most people on here agree he's a quack is because we're on here to manage our eating (healthy wise) and exercise regularly, and keep each other accountable. Those things work. Pills and gimmick diets don't. If they did, there would be nobody on here, because we'd all be skinny from eating respberry ketones / goji berries / green coffee bean / hoodia etc.

Just my two cents... but its amazing how people fall for his every word.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

dr oz is a quack

That's what I was thinking! How he has managed to stay on TV every day for so long is beyond me. Actually, makes me sad for society that so many people believe and support him.

Oprah endorses him. "You get a quack, you get a quack, YOU ALL GET A QUACK!!!"

:smiley:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    He's pathetic. Back in the day, when he simply explained medical things on Oprah and wrote books, he was enjoyable. He can explain those things well. But then he got his own show and just lost it - his credibility, his mind, his marbles. All of a sudden he was endorsing every quick fix under the sun. It's sad really.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think he fell off the doctor wagon (is he even a doctor!?!) and onto the "I like magic pills because people throw money at me when I promote them" wagon

he is a cardiologist....
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    He is a quack!!

I second this! Quack Quack!
  • scootertrog
    scootertrog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Last time I tried one of his recommended herbal supplements I was crapping ginormus rock hard logs that would rip me open in agony. Yeah, more like "Wizard of Oz", he's a fake.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »

dr oz is a quack

Oprah endorses him. "You get a quack, you get a quack, YOU ALL GET A QUACK!!!"

:smiley:

haahah so good.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I use to like him :*:o
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Its a t.v. show and if people try what he discusses on his shows without talking to their medical professional than whose fault is that? He is a doctor but he is not everyones personal physician. I have only watched a few of his shows and I have never seen him endorse a weight loss pill. I have seen him bring people on who have successfully lost weight to talk about how they have done it. Again I have only watched a few shows. You can troll the internet and see just about anybody's face on a weight loss product whether they give their permission or not. Again these shows are not a diagnosis and people are idiots if they try anything without their doctors ok. I do not add a supplement without talking to my doctor.

When everyone gets all fired up about Dr. Oz I just have to laugh its a show if its not your thing than don't watch. If people choose to believe it than that's their choice because if it wasn't him it would be someone else.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Well, there's always one.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, there's always one.

Did someone just white knight Dr. Oz? :confused:
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

he is a cardiologist....

Yeah, and the only reason I'd put a footnote on the "Quack" comments is that he was apparently an exceptionally good cardiac surgeon and clinician.

Notice that that means he was good at advising, treating, and operating on heart patients. None of which are part of what he is doing now. What he is doing now is shilling snake oil and cashing checks.

He's also apparently exceptionally good at that.

But, in terms of nutritional and weight loss advice? Oh, yeah. Money grubbing liar liar pants on fire.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Quack. Plus he's annoying.