WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options
1676869707173»

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Phone update. I just got the phone delivered. They only sent a half of an otter box!!!! Of course right!! So again another hour and a half on the phone with a very rude young lady when I asked to talk to her manager she said, "just so you know, she isn't going to do anything different for you then what I am." Then the manager told me that they didn't have any otter boxes for the Iphone 6+ and I would have to order from Iphone. Then I said it is very strange that the tech 2 supervisor would tell my husband that we would get an otter box if thermare weren't any at all at any of the verizon stores in the US. She had me hold and came back and said she found one in the color I wanted and would get it in 2 days. I had her send me a text stating that before I hung up. REALLY????

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,734 Member
    Options
    evening ladies!
    long long day,but a nice one. got up early and fed and walked the boys,then went down and fed my DFIL breakfast...then from there stopped at my dads and dropped off date nut bread, then picked up my friend Doris,
    we had a grand time, went to Christmas Tree Shop, Bed,Bath and Beyond,Walmart ,Ocean State JobLot, Dollar Tree, and Big lots..
    then picked up some flowers as I was going to dinner at a friends house. Doris and I went to Chinese for lunch ,I was bad and had an egg roll, but had chicken and vegetable with steamed rice, I only ate half,brought the rest home and will have that for lunch tomorrow. came home walked the dogs, got the push mower out of the shed, and will try and do that saterday..
    then proceeded to drop my laptop and break the toggle for the wireless mouse, so stopped at Family Dollar and bought another one, then up to George and Mary Lou's just love them to death, we had a nice chicken dish and salad, and a scoop of ice cream..
    when I was here this afternoon I heard something that sounded like water dripping, but when I went out to the family room I went over to the corner wall and hear it, so I went outside to where the 2 rooms meet and there was pink insulation shreds in the garden, I am guessing field mice ,,and baby mice in the wall :#
    so I picked up some mouse bait, I hate to do it,but we dont need this on top of everything else!!!
    Tom Ordered the cabinets and countertops, and I am guessing it will be 6-8 weeks before they come in.
    Heaven help us on the kitchen reno. we barely lived through the bathroom lol
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Cynthia ((Hugs))
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at your group and would like to join. I sounds like you really support each other! and revel in each others victories. I've been doing this MFP stuff regularly for almost 4 months. It really does work to log your bites and get moving.
    Linda from Georgia
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Hey Ladies! I'm thinking about getting a Fitbit for Mother's Day. I've read about them and am trying to decide between one with or without the heart rate monitor, and would really appreciate suggestions you all. The price difference it off putting since I am mostly working to get 10k steps my day. My iPhone can do this but it's a hassle on days my outfit doesn't have pockets!

For those that commented on Classical Stretch workouts, I really enjoy them. I found CS in January on my local PBS station and started recording the workouts. You can find CS on YouTube as well. I spent awhile just watching and listening to Miranda, the woman in the videos. She really explains the proper technique behind the stretches. I have learned so much from these videos and it has really helped my lower back and hips- all without injuring myself. Plus she's our age which is just a bonus! My goal as I get stronger is to add yoga at some point. I often recommend CS to family and friends.

As for Vegas, I do enjoy it once a year. My life is on the quiet side compared to all the goings on in Vegas. I feel so alive in that atmosphere! It really wonderful.

I am working on all your names. Love this group. Hope everyone had a productive day : )

Maryanne
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! It's been a busy day. When I got to the studio this morning I found that I had forgotten to push the start button on the kiln the night before, so the pots I thought would be ready were not. But it was a very small load, so I took the time to glaze more stuff and add it to the kiln - which I really did start this time. I had four new drafting jobs that came in this morning, so I was determined to finish them so I could put them on April's bill. That done, I started packing to go to a pottery show which starts tomorrow morning. The van is packed with pots and folding tables. I won't have the new stuff I was hoping to have, but oh well. Then I came home and made dinner, walked the dogs and just now started the washer. I use big sheets as table coverings at these shows and I'm sorry to say that I had not washed them since the last show in November! They've been sitting in a pile in the corner of my office. At least they will be fresh and sweet smelling tomorrow.

Somebody asked if I dress in the dark? :p Well, not quite. I steam up the mirror before I undress, and get dressed while it's still foggy, plus it don't stand in front of the mirror, just in case is clears up unexpectedly and I get a terrifying glimpse of my altogether. That is something I really try to avoid. So, that's why I still continued to rub deoderant on my sides after my fat rolls were gone. Habit, mostly. Hubby actually asked me, why are you putting that there? It is pretty funny, though.

I told my son that I wouldn't be able to take the kids to school or pick them up tomorrow. He seems to be doing better, so he can do it himself. Hubby will take DGS to his soccer practice tomorrow night and to the game on Saturday morning. I think I'm going to enjoy having a little time away from the kids this weekend. I'm starting to feel a little burned out on being a full time grandma. Doing these shows is a pain in the butt, lugging all the tables and boxes of pots, then sitting for hours, talking to a few people, then have to haul it all back. But, I do enjoy hanging out with my friends. We have two major group shows, one in the spring and one in the fall, then other smaller things through the year. We found a strip mall north of Joplin on the main road, and they've rented an empty storefront to us for a very small fee for the last 10 years or so. The attendance continues to grow every time, so I hope that holds true. If the weather is too good, though, nobody wants to be inside looking at pottery, so we always hope for a little sprinkle or two.

Update on the ants...so far they have not come back! To think, I've been fighting ants every spring for all these years and all it took was a little garlic! I don't remember who told us about it, but you are my hero!

Welcome to all the new ladies! Today is the last day of the month, so watch for the link that Barbie posts tonight for the new thread.

See you all in May!

Sylvia

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi all you great gals -
    Home from work and have my feet up with kitty and laptop in my lap. A bit crowded but oh so pleasant. I've enjoyed your posts today.

Margaret - love the flower art pictures

Sylvia - you do so much! No wonder you are a little burned out!

Heather - glad you are home. All those yummy fish dishes are worth growing a few scales!

I can't remember who the Oregon fans are but we are excited to draft your quarterback for our Tennessee Titans! Hope he turns out to be a great one because we need all the help we can get!

Well - Getting ready to put on my jammies and watch "The Vikings". I'll reflect on my April goals when I post the May ones.

TN Toni
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,584 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    Ride hm 2 gym- 12.3min, 13.9amph, 2.9mi = 84c
    Lateral machine- 32min 2714strides, 46floors, 2.34mi 15-17lvl 5-10lat = 244c
    Ride gym 2 wk- 54.31min, 12.5amph, 11.3mi = 442c
    Ride dome 2 tan- 17.16min, 10.3amph, 2.9mi= 159c
    Ride tan 2 hm- 5.23min, 10.9amph, .9mi= 46c
    Total cal = 975
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Just a quick note before heading off to bed. I have a bad cold so not doing too much. I was able to work from home today but need to go to the office tomorrow. I've gone through 2 boxes of tissues today so far and hope I can get a little sleep tonight.

Heather - I'm reading your book and almost finished. I've actually slowed down reading a little because I'm getting near to the end. I hate when a book I'm enjoying ends. :disappointed:

Sorry, my head is so full I can't think straight so I'm heading to bed. I've read everything and would love to comment but just not up to it tonight.

Happy May!

Tina from MD
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Cynthia ((Hugs))

Thanks! ❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,584 Member
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    Hey Ladies! I'm thinking about getting a Fitbit for Mother's Day. I've read about them and am trying to decide between one with or without the heart rate monitor, and would really appreciate suggestions you all. The price difference it off putting since I am mostly working to get 10k steps my day. My iPhone can do this but it's a hassle on days my outfit doesn't have pockets!

For those that commented on Classical Stretch workouts, I really enjoy them. I found CS in January on my local PBS station and started recording the workouts. You can find CS on YouTube as well. I spent awhile just watching and listening to Miranda, the woman in the videos. She really explains the proper technique behind the stretches. I have learned so much from these videos and it has really helped my lower back and hips- all without injuring myself. Plus she's our age which is just a bonus! My goal as I get stronger is to add yoga at some point. I often recommend CS to family and friends.

As for Vegas, I do enjoy it once a year. My life is on the quiet side compared to all the goings on in Vegas. I feel so alive in that atmosphere! It really wonderful.

I am working on all your names. Love this group. Hope everyone had a productive day : )

Maryanne

get a heart rate monitor, you won't regret it