i know this is a weight loss wesbite...

Options

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's more like lose/gain/maintain weight in a way that works for you. I'm not into self torture and denial so instead of going that route I sit down and log say my morning energy drink in advance yes that's 200+ calories that could be used for something else but meh I'm not a morning eater and no one really likes dealing with me going decaf. On Mondays and weds I have an Mma class I don't have time to eat and digest enough not to puke back up a full meal so ok i log my lite snack in advance. Lunch ok I could spend 680 cal and get that small shake and fries, and if my allergies are kicking me then yep that's lunch, or like today I could bring from home and for 770 call I can have 1/2 a pork steak some stuffing and like a 1/4 a can of cranberry sauce and oh look there I still have plenty left for a lite dinner after my class. It's all in making it fit for you.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    In for peeps?!

200.gif
    Kitty peeps are the bestest
    :kissing_heart:
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    First of all, 'overweight' IS a health issue, which generally doesn't manifest out of healthy eating and food choices. Tell a new member they can never have cake or chips or pizza -- maybe for the rest of their lives -- and they'd be out of here and back to their old habits so fast the door would be in a perpetual spin.

What I love about this site is the support and gentle guidance new members are given to slowly make the changes needed toward a healthier lifestyle. And who knows? It's not rocket science that in order to make a piece of cake 'fit', one might have to choose a salad over a side of fries at the previous or next meal. And THEN, maybe the new member will say 'oh, salad ... what a wonderful concept!'

Now, if you all will excuse me, I'd like to finish my wheatgrass/mixed berry/chia/green smoothie (a breakfast I wouldn't have DREAMED of having before I joined MFP). :smile:

Have a beautiful day everyone!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    As pointed out, sure, you *could* eat 1400 calories (or whatever your target is) at McDonalds every day, or eat it in candy bars, or dogshit, or whatever. What keeps you from doing that, as long as you are meeting your targets, is the amount of McDonalds you can eat without blowing through your target. You wouldn't be eating very much....

That's what makes it self-regulating.

I wonder how many calories are in dogshit?

Depends on what the dog ate.

Ask Jon Waters. The scene from Pink Flamingos I wish I'd never seen.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    If I am under on calories, over on fiber and approaching my protein then I pretty much call my day good and go drink wine.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's not a weight loss site only; however, from a weight loss perspective, it's CICO that will allow you to lose weight. From what I've seen, the people who've been on MFP long term also care about nutrition and exercise
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • ameirah20
    ameirah20 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Comment will probably get lost but my 2 cents:

Some people, maybe even many, are here after having very unhealthy lifestyles and have struggled to make the decision to be here. So from downing 4000 cals of soda, chips, beer candy whatever, to only having a candy bar a day IS healthy (-ier). I honestly believe that in the process people end up making healthier choices by learning. for example making your own pizzas to save on cals but you are actually eating healthier as well. then you say hey, that wasnt too hard, and you end up eating generally MUCH healthier. But still indulge in cake when you are invited to a birthday party.

Site is for support, and most people get it here and some people just need a little nudge :)
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If I am under on calories, over on fiber and approaching my protein then I pretty much call my day good and go drink wine.

I'm with you.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I like you.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    In for peeps?!

200.gif

Pusheen is even eating the cleansing peeps!

I should have taken a picture, but Target where I live is on to this... an entire end-cap of JUST yellow peeps.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I like you.

Red or wine? Dry or sweet?
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I like you.

Red or wine? Dry or sweet?

4v1e5xflaobq.png

With pizza. Duh.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    In for peeps?!

200.gif

Pusheen is even eating the cleansing peeps!

I should have taken a picture, but Target where I live is on to this... an entire end-cap of JUST yellow peeps.

LOL!!!! Cleansing Peeps!!! OMG ROFL - thanks for that laugh! I have to share that one with my sister (she loves Peeps, but wishes they were healthy). :D
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    What is actually said: "You can eat what you want if it fits in your macros and calories for the day"

What people see: "You can eat donuts, fries, burgers, pizza in mass quantities and still lose weight."
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I'm a big fan of peeps/wine cleanses. For the toxinz.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    What is actually said: "You can eat what you want if it fits in your macros and calories for the day"

What people see: "You can eat donuts, fries, burgers, pizza in mass quantities and still lose weight."

tumblr_m6f13pbekP1rziwwco5_r1_500.png

• PrizePopple
    edited April 2015
    Options

I'm a big fan of peeps/wine cleanses. For the toxinz.

DSC2511-001.jpg

I couldn't find a Peep floating in wine, so a Peep Vodka Lemon Drop will have to do.

Or this...

6d91eca8d7a48f7dbb70b51739f0b519.jpg