i know this is a weight loss wesbite...

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    If I am under on calories, over on fiber and approaching my protein then I pretty much call my day good and go drink wine.
    I like you.

Red or wine? Dry or sweet?

4v1e5xflaobq.png

With pizza. Duh.

Nice. I never had that one but I am just starting to broad my alcohol choices. Wine does wonders to women. :wink:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The part of the brain that takes care of "fact" is dangerously close to "belief". Perhaps food beliefs are the most persistent of all. Here's a few thoughts from an "all food is lovely" proponent:
    - healthy food eaten in excess will lead to weight gain
    - abstinence is the gateway drug to bingeing
    - Cutting foods makes it ever more difficult to put a decent meal together
    - Cutting macros can make it hard for your body to get all it needs
    - There is more to life than oatmeal, almond milk, kale and boneless skinless chicken breasts
    - Make this harder than it has to and you are bound to run out of "willpower", be defeated, and give up

Hey, I eat pretty "healthy" because I am an adventurist and am willing to try new things. I have Quinoa, Chia, Nori, and Buckwheat in my cupboard. Do you?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    If I am under on calories, over on fiber and approaching my protein then I pretty much call my day good and go drink wine.

I'm a big fan of peeps/wine cleanses. For the toxinz.

DSC2511-001.jpg

I couldn't find a Peep floating in wine, so a Peep Vodka Lemon Drop will have to do.

I.... I love you. :love:
  • waldo11690
    waldo11690 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm all about weight loss but I try not to eat processed foods or food with lots of added sugar. Doesn't mean I don't eat them ever, just not everyday!

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    What is actually said: "You can eat what you want if it fits in your macros and calories for the day"

What people see: "You can eat donuts, fries, burgers, pizza in mass quantities and still lose weight."

Yup. I remember one poster in a moderation thread was like "see look, I logged moderation and I'm WAY OVER my calories and macros" and it was like... logging multiple slices of pizza, KFC, ice cream, chocolate, etc all on the same day. Well no crap, sherlock, how do you think that that is moderating your intake to fit things you enjoy into your daily needs?
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Interesting thing about MFP, from their "about" section of their website.

"Losing weight isn't easy - we know. But with a membership to MyFitnessPal.com, you'll get the tools you need to successfully take weight off - and keep it off. And best of all, everything on our site is 100% FREE. So put away your credit card - you'll never have to pay a cent.

Study after study has confirmed the benefits of keeping track of the food you eat and the activity you do. It's simple - the more consistently you track your food intake, the more likely you are to lose weight. That's why every successful weight management program suggests that you keep a food diary and/or an activity log. But recording everything you eat without the right tools can be tedious at best, or simply impossible at worst.

At MyFitnessPal.com, we focus on making sure you can log your meals as quickly and easily as possible. Because the easier we make it for you, the more likely you are to stay on track, and the more likely you are to succeed in your weight loss goals."

The entire page is about weight loss. Nothing about fitness in general. Just weight loss and calorie counting. Just thought I'd throw that out there because some folks are saying MFP isn't a weight loss website, but obviously some people get the idea from somewhere that it is.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    What is actually said: "You can eat what you want if it fits in your macros and calories for the day"

What people see: "You can eat donuts, fries, burgers, pizza in mass quantities and still lose weight."

Yup. I remember one poster in a moderation thread was like "see look, I logged moderation and I'm WAY OVER my calories and macros" and it was like... logging multiple slices of pizza, KFC, ice cream, chocolate, etc all on the same day. Well no crap, sherlock, how do you think that that is moderating your intake to fit things you enjoy into your daily needs?

I remember that one.

She thought moderation meant one or two servings of every food she ever loved in one day. Then she argued for pages that if she had to pick and choose which of those foods she could fit in each day, that was elimination and not moderation.

Swing, and a miss.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

I remember that one.

She thought moderation meant one or two servings of every food she ever loved in one day. Then she argued for pages that if she had to pick and choose which of those foods she could fit in each day, that was elimination and not moderation.

Swing, and a miss.

Was this like a year ago? If so I remember it well. Lol.
  • SconnieCat
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »

"Losing weight isn't easy - we know. But with a membership to MyFitnessPal.com, you'll get the tools you need to successfully take weight off - and keep it off. And best of all, everything on our site is 100% FREE. So put away your credit card - you'll never have to pay a cent.

Study after study has confirmed the benefits of keeping track of the food you eat and the activity you do. It's simple - the more consistently you track your food intake, the more likely you are to lose weight. That's why every successful weight management program suggests that you keep a food diary and/or an activity log. But recording everything you eat without the right tools can be tedious at best, or simply impossible at worst.

At MyFitnessPal.com, we focus on making sure you can log your meals as quickly and easily as possible. Because the easier we make it for you, the more likely you are to stay on track, and the more likely you are to succeed in your weight loss goals."

The entire page is about weight loss. Nothing about fitness in general. Just weight loss and calorie counting. Just thought I'd throw that out there because some folks are saying MFP isn't a weight loss website, but obviously some people get the idea from somewhere that it is.

I'll say that the majority of people use MFP as a weight loss tool; however, in another section of the website, MFP paints their "About" section (under 'Jobs') in much broader strokes including mentions of fitness:

"MyFitnessPal helps millions of people stay healthier and happier. With a database of more than 4 million foods and hundreds of exercises, top fitness technology partners, community support, insights, and seamless access to your personal health information across all major platforms, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource for achieving and maintaining health goals."

Even if you look at the community forums, you see numerous threads about maintaining, gaining weight, or even about fitness in general.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest...I guess since I am one of those people who is saying that MFP isn't a weight loss website I felt the need to respond.
  • ana3067
    Options

I remember that one.

Swing, and a miss.

And I think that since then she has posted about how she practices moderation. Ironically enough, if you looked through her log she WAS moderating intake - she still ate/drank high-calorie things that people would typically omit when trying to lose weight, and was within her goals.

So not sure why THAT happened.

Love it though when people equate reducing intake, but still consumed, to elimination.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options

I'll say that the majority of people use MFP as a weight loss tool; however, in another section of the website, MFP paints their "About" section (under 'Jobs') in much broader strokes including mentions of fitness:

"MyFitnessPal helps millions of people stay healthier and happier. With a database of more than 4 million foods and hundreds of exercises, top fitness technology partners, community support, insights, and seamless access to your personal health information across all major platforms, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource for achieving and maintaining health goals."

Even if you look at the community forums, you see numerous threads about maintaining, gaining weight, or even about fitness in general.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest...I guess since I am one of those people who is saying that MFP isn't a weight loss website I felt the need to respond.

No need for a pissing contest and I'm not trying to debate. I just found it interesting and I think its where a lot of the confusion comes from. If you're looking for a calorie counter because you're wanting to lose weight (and I think you're correct, the majority probably are) and the above pops up you're going to think "hmm, ok, its a weight loss website." You plug your info in to create an account, it gives you 1200 calories and certain macros and the questions here begin. It would be nice if MFP, like WW and Spark People, would give more info up front if they truly want this to be an overall fitness website. I get updates from MFP and SP and MFP posts are always, always about weight loss, whereas SP also posts about motivation, exercise ideas, ideas specific to diabetes (or whatever), etc. One isn't necessarily better than the other, but I can understand where the confusion comes from.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I remember that one.

Swing, and a miss.

That is hilarious!
  • ana3067
    Options

xaxawgzwnsf6.png

I'd say it's weight-loss focused. Especially considering that the weight loss forum is pretty much the busiest.

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I like you.

Malbec

:love:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

DSC2511-001.jpg

I couldn't find a Peep floating in wine, so a Peep Vodka Lemon Drop will have to do.

I.... I love you. :love:

Ditto.
  • SconnieCat
    Options

I'd say it's weight-loss focused. Especially considering that the weight loss forum is pretty much the busiest.

I said in my response that the majority of people use MFP as a weight loss tool. I was merely pointing out that it's not just for weight loss.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

xaxawgzwnsf6.png

But if the world was underweight than it would say use this to gain weight.

• faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Bahahahaha .....
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I like you.

I am partial to sparkling. Give me a good prosecco and I am very happy. Otherwise, red all the way!