Your best protein powder recipes!

Options
erinelizabeth882
erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
I just got a protein powder to try and I'm excited to try working it into new smoothies, desserts, bars, and other recipes. What are your favorites??

Replies

• naw1223
    naw1223 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I usually make pancakes , I sometimes add a bit of cottage cheese you can't even taste them makes them more fluffy and feels you up
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    put into greek yogurt to give it more flavor... put very little water in chocolate powder it until you make it the consistency of peanut butter and make a peanutbutter chocolate protein powder sandwich... or for that matter just make it into a sludge/spread for numerous things like rice cakes or put oats in it
  • erinelizabeth882
    Options
    I usually make pancakes , I sometimes add a bit of cottage cheese you can't even taste them makes them more fluffy and feels you up

Whats your recipe for pancakes?
  • loisseau
    loisseau Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

This recipe for banana bread is excellent. Make it with 1 cup of flour and a 1/2 cup of vanilla protein powder. Tasty!! I've also made this with 3/4 cup of cooking Splenda instead of sugar. My go to protein snack.
  • hakola542005
    Options
    8 oz unsweetened cashew milk
    1 tablespoon of pb2 (powered peanut butter)
    1 tablespoon of hersey's unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 scoop of chocolate protien powder
    2 ice cubes
    Blend
    Enjoy
    Tastes like a Reese cup and 160-180 calories depending on your protien mix
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've made up some recipes for (what I call) Protein Poppers ... little balls of energy to take wherever .... here is one:
    4 scoops chocolate protein powder
    2 c almond flour
    1 c peanut butter
    1/2 c coco nibs or yogurt chips
    form into little balls, roll in unsalted sunflower seeds or coconut. Can be frozen for to go snacks.

Here is link to more
    http://fitfluential.com/2014/11/healthy-bites-30-protein-and-energy-ball-recipes/
  • naziaarshad276
    naziaarshad276 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's so cool, I'll try the poppers lol
  • w_canary
    w_canary Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hate mixing my protein powder with water or milk and drinking it that's why I usually have it in the form of pancakes or mixed with Greek yogurt and cinnamon. My recipe for the pancakes can't get any simpler and easier(however it's delicious it's my favorite meal of the day
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    50g of my unflavoured protein powder
    200ml of full fat milk
    16g of butterscotch flavoured angel delight / instant whip

yum yum
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Protein fluff!!!!!

It's weirdly my fav food right now!!!! Kinda ice creamy milkshake. A oldie but a goodie.
    Makes one serving at roughly 214 calories depending on size banna and brand of powder.

One frozen banna chopped
    One scoop whey protein flavour of choice
    1/3 cup of almond milk (for milk shake consistency use chilled, for ice cream use frozen almond milk cubes.)
    Feel free to add in pb2/ peanut butter or vanilla essance or choc chips. I like choc orange whey, choc chips and peanut butter this week.

Whizz up in blender. I like it ice creamy after a hard work out.takes about two mins to make cools you down and makes forever to eat. Mmmmm.

• mrm112067
    Options
    I just got a protein powder to try and I'm excited to try working it into new smoothies, desserts, bars, and other recipes. What are your favorites??
    Protein fluff!!!!!

It's weirdly my fav food right now!!!! Kinda ice creamy milkshake. A oldie but a goodie.
    Makes one serving at roughly 214 calories depending on size banna and brand of powder.

One frozen banna chopped
    1/3 cup of almond milk (for milk shake consistency use chilled, for ice cream use frozen almond milk cubes.)
    Feel free to add in pb2/ peanut butter or vanilla essance or choc chips. I like choc orange whey, choc chips and peanut butter this week.

Whizz up in blender. I like it ice creamy after a hard work out.takes about two mins to make cools you down and makes forever to eat. Mmmmm.

Protein fluff!!!!!

One frozen banna chopped

I add to my protein shake strawberries and sugar free cheesecake pudding about a heaping tablespoon. My favorite is fresh pineapple cinnamon and sugarfree pistachio pudding!!!
  • w_canary
    w_canary Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    w_canary wrote: »
    I hate mixing my protein powder with water or milk and drinking it that's why I usually have it in the form of pancakes or mixed with Greek yogurt and cinnamon. My recipe for the pancakes can't get any simpler and easier(however it's delicious it's my favorite meal of the day
    Wow excuse my retardness I didn't see I cut out the most important part of my reply- the recipe!!! Anyway here's how I make the pancakes:
    - 1 scoop of your protein powder
    - 1 whole egg or only the egg white if you want less calories
    - 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
    mix it all with as much water as it needs, my advice though would be to add a little bit and see if the consistency is right
  • erinelizabeth882
    Options
    You all are fabulous! Can't wait to try out some of these! Keep em coming!
  • jolenehietala
    jolenehietala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the protein shake that tastes like reeses. Im gonna try it out... thanks for sharing
  • spoffy
    spoffy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like too keep it simple sometimes:
    - Choice amount of protein powder
    - 1 Ripe banana
    - 1-1.5 cups of soy milk or milk of choice
    Blend til smooth.
  • theconstantgardener
    theconstantgardener Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow excuse my retardness I didn't see I cut out the most important part of my reply- the recipe!!! Anyway here's how I make the pancakes:
    - 1 scoop of your protein powder
    - 1 whole egg or only the egg white if you want less calories
    - 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
    mix it all with as much water as it needs, my advice though would be to add a little bit and see if the consistency is right

Roughly how many grams would a scoop be please?
    Also how many pancakes does that make?

• jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    monty619 wrote: »
    put into greek yogurt to give it more flavor... put very little water in chocolate powder it until you make it the consistency of peanut butter and make a peanutbutter chocolate protein powder sandwich... or for that matter just make it into a sludge/spread for numerous things like rice cakes or put oats in it

I never thought of that!! Lunch tiiiime
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My favourite protein recipe at the moment! 167 calories and contains 10.1g of protein! Very moist and delicious!!! More info on my IG page!
    x1bldqzodzrg.jpg
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Still struggling to make delicious cookies with high protein/low calories... My aim is 100cals / 10g protein per cookie but don't think I can do it!!