MFP Biggest Loser Team Challenge (10 weeks)

Options
kendalslimmer
kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi guys,

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-losers-team-challenge

This is an MFP group that's been up and running for nearly a year now. We're starting our next challenge this weekend - with weekly weigh-ins and challenges.

So if you want to join and the link above doesn't work (for whatever reason), please message me or leave a comment below and I'll issue you an invite to the group. To accept an invite - once I've issued it - go to 'community', then 'notifications' (the bell symbol) and you should see the invite there.

Last call will be Sunday 5th April - after that the doors close.

The people in this group are motivated, friendly and determined to lose weight. So you'd be in good company!

To access the group's forum (once you've accepted your invite or had your request to join accepted) go to 'community' (the forums) and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will see a link to The Biggest Losers Team Challenge. You will need to post your current weight on this forum sometime between today (Thursday) and Sunday, so we can allocate you to a team. This will be your base/starting weight.

:)

Replies

• kendalslimmer
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Some things people said about the last challenge:

"You guys helped me a lot." - ethornhill
    "It's great encouragement." - ljpjones
    "I would love to do another challenge. I didn't lose much but DID not gain!" - Eava57
    "Having the standings posted does a lot for my motivation." - MandaLeigh123
  • kendalslimmer
    Options
    ^^bump^^
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the first BL challenge I did and it's a great way to stay motivated and meet other like minded encouraging people!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Count me in! Do I need an invite? I haven't done one of these before but could stand for some extra motivation. I weigh in weekly on Thursday's. I weigh myself daily and use a trending weigh in weekly.
  • kendalslimmer
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's perfect! The weigh-in thread opens on a Thursday each week (and is closed Sunday night), so you can post your weight as soon as you measure it. :) I've accepted your request (you must have followed the link above...) so you should now be able to access the groups forum!
  • kendalslimmer
    Options
    ^^bump^^
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can definitely count me in on this! Last time was great and I got to meet and make a lot of new friends because of it. Plus, it's nice having the accountability as extra motivation.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Id like to join it doent hurt to meet new people and gain encouragement thanks
  • kendalslimmer
    Options
    @nicailyzee I've sent you an invite sweetie! :)
  • kendalslimmer
    Options
    ^^bump^^
  • rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge for the first time last January. It was so much fun!! The people are awesome and it is super motivating.
  • Aquablusativa
    Aquablusativa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, please let me know what to do next.
  • kendalslimmer
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've issued you an invite - go to 'community', then 'notifications' (the bell symbol) and you should see the invite there. Just accept it. Once that's done, you will see a link to The Biggest Losers Team Challenge forum at the bottom of the message boards - visit the forum and let us know your starting weight! Thanks honey. Let me know if you have any problems.

• LuellaHanrahan
    LuellaHanrahan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can you send me an invite please?
  • kendalslimmer
    Options
    Okay honey, invite sent! Check your notifications. :)
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Is this only for weight loss? I lost a lot of my weight especially by eating healthier but now I need to tone more in a few soft places.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I just joined via the link hope theirs a space for me I really need this.
  • kendalslimmer
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @joybedford There's space sweetie! I just accepted your app. If we need to set up more teams this time around then that's what we'll do. Please visit the forum soon (bottom of the 'community' - message board - page) and give us your starting weight!

@Childfree1991 It's primarily a weight-loss scheme, but if you're focus is fitness that's fine. We have a non-competing team - the Cheerleaders - for folks such as yourself. You can surf the forum, join in with every team's challenges etc.
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kendalslimmer. Can you add me to that non-competing team?
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I won't have my starting weight till Saturday morning, I am currently on holiday, travelling back tomorrow and will weigh in Saturday morning. Won't be good after a week of ice cream, beer and wine but it is what it is.