A really bad day

Options
Yesterday was a really bad day for me. Somehow I over indulged in hot cross buns, cheese sandwiches and beer. A couple of thousand calories over my limit. I am off work for two weeks so I have no chance to do my usual 20 mile cycle ride. Just wondered if anyone else has had these kind of days ? My thoughts have turned to fasting today to see if it will turn things round.

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As Taylor Swift recently said Log it and "Shake it off". You don't need to fast. Go out and have a nice long walk, eat to your goal today and realise we are all human, we all have days we slip up and it's only one day.

:)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    gpstreet wrote: »
    Yesterday was a really bad day for me. Somehow I over indulged in hot cross buns, cheese sandwiches and beer. A couple of thousand calories over my limit. I am off work for two weeks so I have no chance to do my usual 20 mile cycle ride. Just wondered if anyone else has had these kind of days ? My thoughts have turned to fasting today to see if it will turn things round.

Explain "somehow"

And why can't you do your bike ride or similar
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just return to your regularly scheduled calorie deficit.
  • belucky1
    belucky1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    don't punish yourself that will not help, just start again today, tomorrow has gone to don't look back just push forward. Stay focused and enjoy the day.
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Was your bike riding done cycling to work? If so, just because you are off work doesn't mean you can't still get out and cycle...
  • gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Was your bike riding done cycling to work? If so, just because you are off work doesn't mean you can't still get out and cycle...

Cycle ride was to my office. Looking after my ten year old and cannot leave her by herself.

Thanks for the kind words. I will not fast but I will only consume my curry vegetable soup :-)

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Cycle ride was to my office. Looking after my ten year old and cannot leave her by herself.

Thanks for the kind words. I will not fast but I will only consume my curry vegetable soup :-)

Get your 10 year old on a bike

Get a pull along if you have to like a trailgator

riders2.jpg

Take her to the park, woods, country and hike

Take her swimming

Curried soup ...bleurgh
  • gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So far the fast has not been so bad. Have not felt hungry. However I am tucking into a small bowl of vegetable curry soup.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

• Join a gym for a month and take your ten year old there. Most gyms have a supervised area for kids.
    • Call the parents of your ten year olds friends and offer to watch their kid(s) for a few hours in exchange for them doing the same for you.
    • Send her for a long overdue visit to grandma/aunt/cousin.
    • Hire a teenager for a few hours.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm crazy, but why can't the kid be home alone for an hour while you go for a ride? It's not like you're leaving them overnight or something. An hour in front of the tv with a cell phone handy should be fine (but I'm not a parent, so what do I know). FYI, most states that have a home alone type law state somewhere in the 8-10 range, so I don't think I'm that far off the mark.

Second, doesn't the kid go to school during the day? Why can't you bike then since you're off work and don't have to wait until after hours?

I'm just hearing excuses...
  • SingRunTing
    edited April 2015
    Options

Why are you doing this??
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Do what you need to do in order to" forgive yourself, move on and get back on track today, rest of the week and the next two weeks and forever. You will find that fasting for the day will not be your answer.

Also, bike ride? Why can't you do something else active while you OFF for two weeks.. And why not plan to keep active...

Not sure I understand any real problem here other than (not sugar coating) excuses or trying to put limitations on things that surely have a resolution...
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    u are not alone in the over indulging every now and then. i had a whole week of it when i went on a trip. just got back on the wagon as soon as i could. are u planning to not exercise at all just because your home for awhile? your daughter is 10 im sure there's some sort of workout u can do while she watches a show or whatever. and i understand your probably not that hungry today from eating too much yesterday but punishing yourself with just soup might not be great either, leaving u more hungry the following day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Bike riding is not the only exercise.
    You can walk with or without your child.
    You can do exercise videos at home. You Tube has lots of free workouts.
    You can turn on music and dance.
    You can climb stairs.
    I'd just log the bit you went over and move on to normal eating for your current activity level.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm crazy, but why can't the kid be home alone for an hour while you go for a ride? It's not like you're leaving them overnight or something. An hour in front of the tv with a cell phone handy should be fine (but I'm not a parent, so what do I know). FYI, most states that have a home alone type law state somewhere in the 8-10 range, so I don't think I'm that far off the mark.

Second, doesn't the kid go to school during the day? Why can't you bike then since you're off work and don't have to wait until after hours?

Kiddo might be off school today due to the holiday.

I agree with everything here - when I was 10, I played outside and road my bike all over and all that jazz. Take your kiddo with you! Sure you may not be able to go as far or fast, but it could still be loads of fun.

~Lyssa

• SingRunTing
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

Kiddo might be off school today due to the holiday.

I agree with everything here - when I was 10, I played outside and road my bike all over and all that jazz. Take your kiddo with you! Sure you may not be able to go as far or fast, but it could still be loads of fun.

~Lyssa

Wait? Are we talking about 1 day? I thought we were talking about the whole two weeks OP has off work.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why are you fasting to make up for yesterday? Just eat as normal.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Today is a major religious holiday where I live and I assume it's the same for OP, therefore no school and no scheduled child care. And home alone laws or not, I'm not going to second guess a parent who doesn't want to leave a 10 year old alone.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Most kids around here are on spring break
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.