Subway or McDonald's

Options

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I prefer subway because I can load up on spinach, bell pepper, cucumber etc I get all the non-pickled things and then usually just pickled jalapeño ....and better sauce options. I like the chicken breast sub and usually get no cheese...can't taste it on the sub and I'd rather have my cheese calories where I can taste a yummy one.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    winejunky wrote: »
    Poor choices either way, over processed food is terrible for you. Spare me that Subway is fresh, the quality of their deli meat is horrendous, the cheese is crap and the veggies are not the best grade. Are we so lazy you can't stop at a market and get fresh food?

LOL

ETA: Says the person who goes to Starbuck's!! LOL

Also, only has two days logged.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat McDonald's under these conditions:
    - I completely forgot to eat and have NO time at all and it's right there (and they're everywhere, so)
    - I am hungover or premenstrual

I get a Quarter Pounder meal with Coke Zero.

Subway: not my fave because, I don't know, it doesn't ever really taste like a real sandwich. With McD's you're not getting a real burger either, but you kind of know that going in and that's kind of the point. Subway is just lying to us (or itself).

I get the meatball marinara or the BLT at Subway
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    winejunky wrote: »
    Poor choices either way, over processed food is terrible for you. Spare me that Subway is fresh, the quality of their deli meat is horrendous, the cheese is crap and the veggies are not the best grade. Are we so lazy you can't stop at a market and get fresh food?

LOL

ETA: Says the person who goes to Starbuck's!! LOL

Also, only has two days logged.

I noticed that, too.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    some of the complaints about subway seem odd. do you really have bad subway places?

the worse thing about subway i have found is sometimes some of the tomato slices are still green, they normally throw those away before they get on your sandwich.

its meat, salad and sauce on bread. its basically at the same quality that i would make if i went to coles or woolworths and bought bread and veggies etc and cut them up.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    some of the complaints about subway seem odd. do you really have bad subway places?

the worse thing about subway i have found is sometimes some of the tomato slices are still green, they normally throw those away before they get on your sandwich.

its meat, salad and sauce on bread. its basically at the same quality that i would make if i went to coles or woolworths and bought bread and veggies etc and cut them up.

The meat quality is eh (I just mean the deli meats, not even getting to the chicken cubes stored in vats of water). I would never choose to put any of those sauces on a sandwich I made for myself. The bread's ok.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »

The meat quality is eh (I just mean the deli meats, not even getting to the chicken cubes stored in vats of water). I would never choose to put any of those sauces on a sandwich I made for myself. The bread's ok.

what? vats of water? is your local subway currently under water? :open_mouth:

the meat at my local subway looks to be exactly like it would be in a supermarket. nothing odd about it. just containers with slices of salami or ham or containers with small strips of chicken or chicken fillets.

that's what i was getting at. people seem to have these odd complaints about subway that make no sense to me. things i have never experiences and being a franchise i would have assumed you could go anywhere in the world and have basically the same experience. like maccas, slight changed but as a whole a similar product.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    deedeeinaz wrote: »
    Neither - check out www.foodbabe.com to see the crap in all of it. Make a sandwich or a burger at home.

Food Babe, as in the same person who warned us about "Satan crystals" in microwaved water?

I am always so astonished and disappointed when I am reminded that some people take her seriously.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'd eat at McDonald's just because Subway is a ripoff. 3 olives on my sandwich, really?
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I'd eat at McDonald's just because Subway is a ripoff. 3 olives on my sandwich, really?

I always tell them to put more of the ingredients on except meat of course. I get loads of veggies but I do have to speak up nowadays. Usually after a couple veggies they get the idea and start grabbing more.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

IKR! I ask for mayo and i get one micromini line! ummm, can i get a little more please! geez
  • techgal128
    Options

IKR! I ask for mayo and i get one micromini line! ummm, can i get a little more please! geez

I asked for extra olives one time and they looked at me like I just murdered a baby. Then they gave me three more olives. THANKS.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Neither - check out www.foodbabe.com to see the crap in all of it. Make a sandwich or a burger at home.

Food Babe, as in the same person who warned us about "Satan crystals" in microwaved water?

I am always so astonished and disappointed when I am reminded that some people take her seriously.

I thought I was the only one who caught the Food Babe reference.... yeah no, I don't need a fearmongering opportunist with no basis in science to tell me what I should or more likely, shouldn't eat...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I thought I was the only one who caught the Food Babe reference.... yeah no, I don't need a fearmongering opportunist with no basis in science to tell me what I should or more likely, shouldn't eat...

But some chemical names sound so scary!
  • techgal128
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I just checked out that site. It's like the entire site is nothing but clickbait.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lmfaooo satan crystals?!
  • techgal128
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Lmfaooo satan crystals?!

Sounds kind of like a cereal.

"Try the new and improved Satan Crystals! Part of a balanced breakfast".
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like both.. But I like either a 6 inch Turkey or Ham at Subway. I love the lettuce, cucumbers, pickles, and tomato. No sauce at all on my Sub. Mcdonalds is kind of eh. I like from there a cheeseburger and their vanilla ice coffee.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Subway, because I always feel terrible after I indulge in a cheeseburger. (That could have more to do with having worked at Mickey D's and knowing what is served there personally ..)