Options
  • llm370
    llm370 Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • fzermer
    fzermer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If "Thick is in" today, it'll be out tomorrow. Don't follow trends.
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @OP your weight goal is completely up to you but in my personal opinion it's not a matter of being skinny/overweight/big but a matter of how much body fat you carry. For example, I used to be overweight (187 lb) and eventually lost over 50 lb. Even though I was slim, I was still "fat" which is why I did resistance training. Not only did it help me lose the last bit of weight but it helped me lose body fat. Now I could care less about the scale. I had gotten two Dexa scans by health doctors. My before was around 38-42% body fat and my after is 19-23%. I'd say focus on body fat more than weight. A low body fat has much more advantages than a low weight. If you're unsure of your current body fat % then you can get a professional to check. Good luck!
  • zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    There's typically a lot of talk about weight and weight loss and naturally as one gets leaner the weight drops. But mostly we're all probably really talking about fat loss rather than weight loss. Weight goes up and down but getting lean is about reducing fat and increasing lean body mass. So two people can weight practically the same, give or take a few lbs, but one person is lean and more toned than the other. A lbs of fat and a 1lbs of muscle weight exactly the same, weight wise, but muscle is more dense than fat. If I weight 180 lbs but was at my target fat percentage, I would not worry about the actual number on the scale. A 220 lbs athlete looks very different from a 222 lbs average guy because of lean muscle mass. Be guided by thinking in terms of body re-composition/fat loss. Also be sure to keep your proteins up and do strength training otherwise while you lose fat you will also lose lean muscle mass....good luck
  • vividii
    vividii Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • vividii
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    angellll12 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

See, I like the way your waist is small and your hips and butt pop. You don't even look 175, esp being only 5'1. Good work.

I'm going to waist train, this belly ruins everything.

Waist train???

Yeah apparently it works I was skeptical but a lot of girls are getting results.
    I want a belly gone, and just tone up my arms. I like everything else.

You can't spot reduce, just a heads up. I don't think the girls are getting results in the way you think. You're talking about corsets, right? That's a temporary thing and if done excessively, can lead to a lot of problems.

So it's either I have a fat belly or no boobs. Dang.

There's always implants.

That's my plan anyway.

I've seen this advice in other places but I don't understand: why lose weight to get 'healthier' to then risk your health through surgery to get implants, when you had breasts to begin with?

for the original poster; you could try to lose the extra 10lbs, If you don't like how that looks, it won't be hard to gain 10lbs back.
  • vividii
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm not really offended. But I guess she didn't really ask for opinions on her body. I don't know.

I don't think she asked for an opinion either. She replied to someone's request to see what she looked like. She looks fine to me and she said she likes where she's at. But, I guess anything you post is subject to comments.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    vividii wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

See, I like the way your waist is small and your hips and butt pop. You don't even look 175, esp being only 5'1. Good work.

I'm going to waist train, this belly ruins everything.

Waist train???

Yeah apparently it works I was skeptical but a lot of girls are getting results.
    I want a belly gone, and just tone up my arms. I like everything else.

You can't spot reduce, just a heads up. I don't think the girls are getting results in the way you think. You're talking about corsets, right? That's a temporary thing and if done excessively, can lead to a lot of problems.

So it's either I have a fat belly or no boobs. Dang.

There's always implants.

That's my plan anyway.

I've seen this advice in other places but I don't understand: why lose weight to get 'healthier' to then risk your health through surgery to get implants, when you had breasts to begin with?

for the original poster; you could try to lose the extra 10lbs, If you don't like how that looks, it won't be hard to gain 10lbs back.

People do not lose weight only for health reasons, otherwise there would be no-one trying to lose those last '10 vanity pounds'. The risks of breast augmentation surgery on health are minimal. The risks of being significantly overweight are not.

You may have had breasts to begin with, but you may also prefer them larger/differently shaped. When you get lean, your breasts often decrease in size significantly.

Mental health is important also.
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Please someone show me a person with a BMI of 24 who looks anorexic.

My BMI was 24.9 here. Clearly I look nowhere near anorexic, but I don't look approaching overweight either. Imagine what I'd look like at a BMI of 20?

SAM_2629.jpg
    image hosting over 10mb

You would look fine at a BMI of 20 too. My BMI is 20 and I'm lean (profile pic). It also depends on body fat.
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm maintaining at a BMI of 25 rather than 20 because I don't think I could lose any more weight and have it look good without either a) surgery or b) lifting weights. And I don't fancy doing a) or b).

As long as you're a healthy weight for your height and build, maintain at what feels right for you. Healthy is quite a wide range.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    At least my 38A's won't be down to my knees in 20 years. I'll take that over being "womanly" anyday.

Both of your statements make me sick. What is wrong with people who think like you and who do this to other women?? Don't we already have it bad enough that guys are constantly objectifying us and telling us our boobs have to be this way, our butts have to be that way, and so on? Do we really have to do it to each other as well??

There isn't a quota of sexiness, that different body types need to fight each other for the rights to.

Like... 80% of this thread is women trying to tell other women they are "doing it wrong". Please stop throwing shade all around.

THANK YOU! Who the F is anyone to tell someone else that her smaller/bigger breasts are better than the other woman's bigger/smaller breasts? GTFO of here, please, for the love of Zeus.

Yes! I couldn't agree more with this. I am a curvy build which I base on my waist/hip ratio....BUT I don't have large breasts by any means (34C...34B after weight loss not that it matters.) I have actually been told that I am not curvy because my breasts aren't large even.

There is too much judgment out there...and unfortunately I find that much of it DOES come from other women. We should be building each other up (especially in a fitness and weight loss community) rather then telling one another that our boobs or butts are better then theirs. We're all built differently...that's what makes it interesting :smile:

Men MAY objectify at times due to their acute visual senses...but I find that men (especially with a woman they care about) are much more forgiving in thinking that a woman's body (perceived flaws and all) is beautiful.

Hear hear... I mostly have male friends because I find them to be less catty and pointlessly critical than most women, but I still try to take care of my fellow women because I believe that much of inter-woman shaming is a product of patriarchal culture pitting us against each other, whether we realize it or not... but that's a topic for another day, lol...

I'm disappointed, again. This time because of seeing stuff like the bolded (because of the bolded/italics). I know a lot of awesome women. In fact, very few of the women I am friends with are pointlessly critical or catty. I think if people know people like that, they should make new friends.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think a person's weight is highly personal and it's just a number. The "correct" weight is one that results in a sense of well-being, stamina, and personal satisfaction. I'm 5'1" and my current 105 is that weight for me.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    people said I looked my best when I was 145pds. I'm 5'3 and a friend of mine visiting from Costa Rica said he was gonna take me back with him so I could make money being a prostitute! I didn't know how to take that, so it has to be a compliment. Guys love a little meat on the bones!
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    scb515 wrote: »
    Personally, I'm maintaining at a BMI of 25 rather than 20 because I don't think I could lose any more weight and have it look good without either a) surgery or b) lifting weights. And I don't fancy doing a) or b).

As long as you're a healthy weight for your height and build, maintain at what feels right for you. Healthy is quite a wide range.

Exactly how I'm feeling. I think I'll need surgery if I go smaller then 130. I'll see as I go. I also hate lifting weights omg, I hate it, I do them but I'm so miserable in the process I'm like a crazy lady lol. And to think I'll have to do this for the rest of my life, lord. And what's even more frustrating, I'm going to lose all this weight and then in a couple years very soon I'm gonna need to push out kids. I should've started earlier # regrets. Rant done.

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    people said I looked my best when I was 145pds. I'm 5'3 and a friend of mine visiting from Costa Rica said he was gonna take me back with him so I could make money being a prostitute! I didn't know how to take that, so it has to be a compliment. Guys love a little meat on the bones!

I thought my face looked better at 150, when I look at pictures. Looked more youthful even tho I'm still in my 20s. Now My nose looks larger LOL. Oh and my feel got smaller too, didn't even know that was possible.
  • Ninjatio
    Ninjatio Posts: 19 Member
    Options

^THIS
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

My BMI was 24.9 here. Clearly I look nowhere near anorexic, but I don't look approaching overweight either. Imagine what I'd look like at a BMI of 20?

SAM_2629.jpg
    image hosting over 10mb

You would look fine at a BMI of 20 too. My BMI is 20 and I'm lean (profile pic). It also depends on body fat.

My face starts to look gaunt if I drop below this weight. I think I lost a little bit more after this photo and people were commenting how thin my face was. I'm 37 now and I don't want to look older :(
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    scb515 wrote: »

Exactly how I'm feeling. I think I'll need surgery if I go smaller then 130. I'll see as I go. I also hate lifting weights omg, I hate it, I do them but I'm so miserable in the process I'm like a crazy lady lol. And to think I'll have to do this for the rest of my life, lord. And what's even more frustrating, I'm going to lose all this weight and then in a couple years very soon I'm gonna need to push out kids. I should've started earlier # regrets. Rant done.

There is nothing that says you are going to 'need' to push out kids. I don't have kids and I don't plan on having kids(of course what you plan and what takes place isn't always similar).

After reading all that I have read, I hope it is more than a 'couple years' before you 'push out kids'. Get your head on straight. Become like those women you admire and become proud of your body and stop giving so much thought to what other people think about how you look.
    Realize that you can still lift weights/exercise while pregnant and you shouldn't use being pregnant as an excuse to 'let yourself go' and eat whatever.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

SAM_2629.jpg
    image hosting over 10mb

My face starts to look gaunt if I drop below this weight. I think I lost a little bit more after this photo and people were commenting how thin my face was. I'm 37 now and I don't want to look older :(

It does also take time for people to adjust to your new, lower weight. I got a lot of criticism masked as compliments when I started transitioning into maintenance. It's part of the process though so you take the good with the bad. For me personally, when my bmi got down to 18.9, that's when I began to feel uncomfortable/knew I was too low. I gained a few pounds back and found my perfect spot at a bmi of around 19.4 (what I am today/in my profile picture). Everyone will have a different comfort level/preference on how they look and as long as they're a healthy weight it's all good (and I'll be 37 yrs old this year, also a mom of three kiddos :) ).