Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    angellll12 wrote: »
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.

At least my 38A's won't be down to my knees in 20 years. I'll take that over being "womanly" anyday.

If one could identify someone with serious insecurity issues by what they say, this would be the top example of what that person would say.

So is the post she is responding to though:

I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.

But she could respond without insulting other women.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

At least my 38A's won't be down to my knees in 20 years. I'll take that over being "womanly" anyday.

If one could identify someone with serious insecurity issues by what they say, this would be the top example of what that person would say.

Momma always said responding to wrong with wrong doesn't make right. It just makes everyone wrong.

I totally agree. I just think that the snippy post chivalryder posted seemed like unnecessary pot-stirring.
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Do what you feel looks and feels good on you :)
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

But she could respond without insulting other women.

Momma always said responding to wrong with wrong doesn't make right. It just makes everyone wrong.

^^ This. A woman is a woman, period. We do not get to judge how much of a woman she is based on her figure, attitude, job, relationship status, or any other arbitrary qualifier. Just because this quote was in response to one that used that phrasing doesn't mean it needed to be perpetuated. In my mind, her statement was equally as bad if not worse.

Here's a novel idea. Maybe instead of shaming each other for what we have no control over (seriously, just because your boobs aren't down to your knees doesn't mean the rest of you doesn't age), maybe, just maybe, we should foster positive attitudes and acceptance across the board. Shake what your mama did and/or didn't give you. It's all beautiful in its own way.

In other words, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. You can defend an ugly statement by pointing a finger at who started it, but it's still an ugly statement.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

F**k you.

I'll take the hit on this one. This is HORRIBLE thing to say. I'm actually kind of livid at work. seriously go stuff it.

Seriously. How DARE you say that.
    How dare you assume that your fatty tissue on your chest makes you more or less womanly than someone else.

How about those women with double mastectomy's? are they less womanly?

My friend's missing half her breast- as a bellydancer she's the epitome of sex appeal- strong and fierce.
    Another woman is missing all of her one of her breasts and she's the most elegant and grande dancer I know- she's stunning- kind and well spoken. She moves with grace you'll never known- and is accepting of all people- she radiates class and power- and regal- she's a motherfu*king queen.

With half her chest missing. How dare you.

Bite it. That's just a horrible horrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If I'm reading this correctly user responded to "I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly ...."

If I have to respond to the original poster's comment I + 1

EDTA : But I won't respond to the original poster .....
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    This thread taught me alot but I think it's about time it's buried and RIP.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »

F**k you.

I'll take the hit on this one. This is HORRIBLE thing to say. I'm actually kind of livid at work. seriously go stuff it.

How dare you assume that your fatty tissue on your chest makes you more or less womanly than someone else.

My friend's missing half her breast- as a bellydancer she's the epitome of sex appeal- strong and fierce.
    Another woman is missing all of her one of her breasts and she's the most elegant and grande dancer I know- she's stunning- kind and well spoken. She moves with grace you'll never known- and is accepting of all people- she radiates class and power- and regal- she's a motherfu*king queen.

Bite it. That's just a horrible horrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If I'm reading this correctly user responded to "I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly ...."

it doesn't matter what someone thinks is womanly- I know people who identify as women that are more "womanly" than me and they were born with a penis.

No one has the right to judge someone based on the size of their tits about how much of a woman they are- or are not.

Period.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    i-became-a-banana-cat.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Just because ur stomach is flat doesn't automatically mean you're hot.
    If I was a guy sex wouldn't be fun with someone with a boy body type, I'd want my hands filled with boobs, *kitten* to grab, thighs to squeeze, I wouldn't want to feel Boney hip bones. Small tummy though.

Wow to your opinion on a what if.

• yopeeps025
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »

TIL- I am not womanly. :open_mouth:

What do you think about yourself?

I recognize that no amount of dedication, hard work, sweat and tears in the gym, eating right or taking care of my body can change the size of my breasts. So i accept them.

It's not the same as losing weight, which can be changed. It's not the same as booty which can be built.

Breasts are made of fatty tissue, which i cannot magically grow.

I see no issue whatsoever like i said earlier on in women who chose to get breast implants. But for myself, i like the fact that my chest is perky, small, proportionate to my body, and never inhibits me from certain exercise or movements. I also don't have to worry about sagging later on in life.

I can give you some of my breast tissue if there was a way instead of implants. Hurry up though with decreasing in weight they are getting smaller
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just because someone has an opinion, doesn't make it true or factual. Girls have been told for too long that skinny is the ONLY way to be sexy, so when I see skinny girls here " being honest" with this attitude that being anything other then skinny can't be sexy and trying to make you feel bad my comment was just to irk that one person... They have to be reminded that just because they are skinny doesn't make you better then the next girl. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so don't worry about what I think. The same ones who are preaching that they can't believe all the negativity are the same ones dragging it on, post something positive. Lord. Too much complainers on these forums, get a life.

There more drama for you losers to go off on. Byeeee
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Just because someone has an opinion, doesn't make it true or factual. Girls have been told for too long that skinny is the ONLY way to be sexy, so when I see skinny girls here " being honest" with this attitude that being anything other then skinny can't be sexy and trying to make you feel bad my comment was just to irk that one person... They have to be reminded that just because they are skinny doesn't make you better then the next girl. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so don't worry about what I think. The same ones who are preaching that they can't believe all the negativity are the same ones dragging it on, post something positive. Lord. Too much complainers on these forums, get a life.

There more drama for you losers to go off on. Byeeee

Thank you so much for leading by example.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

F**k you.

it doesn't matter what someone thinks is womanly- I know people who identify as women that are more "womanly" than me and they were born with a penis.

No one has the right to judge someone based on the size of their tits about how much of a woman they are- or are not.

Period.

ku-medium_zpsa3027e50.gif
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

It's unlikely anyone around a normal weight will have boobs that will be down by their knees at any point. So if that is literally the only thing making you happy about your small chest I'm kinda sad for you.

Perhaps you should learn to reply to what you perceive as an insult without insulting others in return.

This thread just keeps delivering.

Women with small bewbs insulting women with large bewbs. Women with 'curves' insulting those with less bewbs/butt. It's ridiculous. I just wish that people could express a preference without putting other shapes/body types down. We all have preferences, and that's absolutely fine and as it should be, but I just cannot understand why people need to express them in such a way as to demean others. I like a slightly muscular 'curvy' look - does than mean that a slender look is not attractive or womanly? Absolutely not. Also, having one person insult your body type does not make it ok to insult that persons body type, because you know what? You are not only insulting that person, you are also insulting a good amout of others with the same body type.

The first page of this looked really promising-- OP, I hope you're looking past the trolls and getting the answers you're looking for. I'm personally a fan of corsets, but moreso as a fashion statement. I do own a waist trainer, but honestly I've worn it all of once. There's a bit of evidence (and if you think about it, makes sense) that it can be harmful to all your internal organs and ribs that you're squishing up.

I'm a huge advocate of heavy lifting, however. Keep those beautiful curves, and get stronger while doing it!
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    We are all sexy in our own way! I think if you feel healthy and intrinsically confident then you can rock any shape. It's important to be yourself, though; don't make decisions about how to look because you want others to find you attractive.

I want to lose weight to get to the shape where I feel best. When I wear makeup or clothes it's because I think I look great in them. I do recognize we are invariably influenced by culture and social expectations, even if it's in subtle ways, but that influence can just be incorporated into your perception while not overriding it. E.g., I'm not interested in being thick but the trend has encouraged me to celebrate the curves I do have.

I also don't expect other women to be beautiful in the same way as me. Frankly, that would be boring.
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If your workout is all cardio, it is very common to lose your butt.
    I went down 15 pounds through weightlifting with some cardio (crossfit + weightlifting + occasional runs with my dogs). My boobs definitely shrunk (my husband misses them), but are still just as portionate (to belly) as they were 15 pounds ago. My "thick thighs" stayed & got stronger, and butt got more of the curve that most people want (the 'strong, bubble butt'). I haven't been able to go down pants size at all because of thighs & butt, but I've went down 3 belt holes in the waist, almost need new belts (I can't fit into pants that don't have room for 2 of me in the waist). F, 31yr, 5'5, 135lbs, bust 34C, waist 27, hips 36.

My point - if you don't want to lose your butt, but still want to lose weight = weightlift. Specifically squatting & lunges & build that butt muscle up for that beautiful butt ;)
    Note, I do tend to have stronger quad/butt than must girls. Your body type will lend itself to your shape & sadly you can't help that. I'll never not have thighs & butt. But you can try your hardest through lifting to build muscle there to get the shape you want, it may just take longer depending on your natural shape.

Saw that last note about deadlift - basically picking a barbell up for the ground to only your waist. Back and arms stay straight throughout the movement (hinging at the waist with only a slight knee bend), this puts the lifting emphasis on your hamstrings & bottom of butt (that's where I feel it most).
    Deadlift, Squat, and lunges are all key movement that will help get you the desired butt with continued weight loss (or just don't cut calories and still get the butt without losing weight).
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wow, guess I'm glad I didn't see the multiple pages after the 1st as they were off my screen....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

It's unlikely anyone around a normal weight will have boobs that will be down by their knees at any point. So if that is literally the only thing making you happy about your small chest I'm kinda sad for you.

Perhaps you should learn to reply to what you perceive as an insult without insulting others in return.

This thread just keeps delivering.

Women with small bewbs insulting women with large bewbs. Women with 'curves' insulting those with less bewbs/butt. It's ridiculous. I just wish that people could express a preference without putting other shapes/body types down. We all have preferences, and that's absolutely fine and as it should be, but I just cannot understand why people need to express them in such a way as to demean others. I like a slightly muscular 'curvy' look - does than mean that a slender look is not attractive or womanly? Absolutely not. Also, having one person insult your body type does not make it ok to insult that persons body type, because you know what? You are not only insulting that person, you are also insulting a good amout of others with the same body type.

ETA: that was agreeing with you Daiako and just adding my 2c to what you posted (just realized it may look like I was aiming it at you - which was not the case at all): :smile:

It's like the song that doesn't end. Except worse and really really insulting to basically everyone ever.

*nod nod*
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

F**k you.

Period.

ku-medium_zpsa3027e50.gif

f'real. Women hating on other women is so gross to me. Also the reason why I have mostly guy friends.

• yopeeps025
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    ok so i'm also old. i do know who kim k is, and i just googled amber rose bc i'd never heard of her. those people, it seems to me, all have hyperfeminine bodies, i wouldn't call them trashy. but i would say that they all look surgically enhanced. which i don't have a problem with, at all. but if that's your goal, to have a thin waist and big booty and boobs, it's probably not realistic unless you have money for that. which maybe you do, i don't know. but it's not going to happen with fitness and diet (or with not losing weight at all).

like look at this

screen-shot-2015-01-22-at-4-40-52-pm.png?w=700

wowie wowie. I still don't know who this girl is.

She's known for dating people who have done stuff.

That's all you really need to know.

LOL. Touche what is her professional. I have no clue either.