FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    angellll12 wrote: »
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

I still think you look overweight, too much body fat.

@almostplenty Excuse you? Who are YOU to tell someone they have too much body fat?

There's this saying….. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I don't know why people are getting offended to an objective observation. You're the one adding the emotional connotation to terms relative to weight and body fat. It's like saying someone's hair looks brown, not blonde.

It's common sense that you don't flat-out call someone overweight. Have some couth, please.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost weight, I also lost weight in my boobs I went from a C cup to a B cup, a big B cup though. I still want curves, and an *kitten*. i feel like if I lose anymore weight I lose my boobs, I'm not into that skinny skinny look. What do you think about 145 pounds on a 5'2 frame? Maybe ten more pounds? I'm scared to lose my butt and boobs.

Plus I'm having a hard time losing anymore weight

You're still technically overweight. If you want curves, do strength training. A normal weight person with proportionate boobs looks better than an overweight person with larger boobs.
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    if this is the "thick" that's in, then thick needs to get the F out

http://tinyurl.com/qbzzjlt

i think many people disguise "fat" with thick, curvy etc lol. why?

You see th pictures I posted? That's my definition of thick, Amber rose, Kim, kardhasian. Flat stomachs but there hips and *kitten* curve.

So women with brazillian butt lifts and silicone/saline breasts? Okay....

You do realize there's girls that naturally look like that? I'm using them as examples because people know them.

I have a hard time believing either of the two women you're looking at as role models (body-wise) as being anything other than fake. If you're not genetically born to have a voluptuous body (and I don't honestly believe either of those women haven't had work to aid any genetics they do have), without fat, you can't make it happen without plastic surgery.

Or years in the gym as i posted earlier.

And i have no problem with plastic surgery, if that's what you need to do to get what you want. Brazillian butt lift they lipo your stomach/saddlebags/any area you want, run it through a centrofuge, sterilize it, and then inject it into your butt. It's YOUR body fat, just being moved to another place.

And most women that i know with large breasts and a small waist have implants, period. The amount of women blessed with large chest (without being fat) is pretty small i think. Even then, lots of women get lifts to make them perkier.

You can't use people who HAVE (and admit to having) work done and then expect to get the same results by virtue of what you eat. It doesn't work like that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not really offended. But I guess she didn't really ask for opinions on her body. I don't know.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost weight, I also lost weight in my boobs I went from a C cup to a B cup, a big B cup though. I still want curves, and an *kitten*. i feel like if I lose anymore weight I lose my boobs, I'm not into that skinny skinny look. What do you think about 145 pounds on a 5'2 frame? Maybe ten more pounds? I'm scared to lose my butt and boobs.

Plus I'm having a hard time losing anymore weight

You're still technically overweight. If you want curves, do strength training. A normal weight person with proportionate boobs looks better than an overweight person with larger boobs.
    if this is the "thick" that's in, then thick needs to get the F out

http://tinyurl.com/qbzzjlt

i think many people disguise "fat" with thick, curvy etc lol. why?

You see th pictures I posted? That's my definition of thick, Amber rose, Kim, kardhasian. Flat stomachs but there hips and *kitten* curve.

So women with brazillian butt lifts and silicone/saline breasts? Okay....

You do realize there's girls that naturally look like that? I'm using them as examples because people know them.

I have a hard time believing either of the two women you're looking at as role models (body-wise) as being anything other than fake. If you're not genetically born to have a voluptuous body (and I don't honestly believe either of those women haven't had work to aid any genetics they do have), without fat, you can't make it happen without plastic surgery.

Or years in the gym as i posted earlier.

And i have no problem with plastic surgery, if that's what you need to do to get what you want. Brazillian butt lift they lipo your stomach/saddlebags/any area you want, run it through a centrofuge, sterilize it, and then inject it into your butt. It's YOUR body fat, just being moved to another place.

And most women that i know with large breasts and a small waist have implants, period. The amount of women blessed with large chest (without being fat) is pretty small i think. Even then, lots of women get lifts to make them perkier.

You can't use people who HAVE (and admit to having) work done and then expect to get the same results by virtue of what you eat. It doesn't work like that.

Exactly.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

@almostplenty Excuse you? Who are YOU to tell someone they have too much body fat?

There's this saying….. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I don't know why people are getting offended to an objective observation. You're the one adding the emotional connotation to terms relative to weight and body fat. It's like saying someone's hair looks brown, not blonde.

It's common sense that you don't flat-out call someone overweight. Have some couth, please.

That's your own socialization and feelings being projected. I'm sorry, but go to anywhere else in the world, and they have no problems with calling it as it is.

Also, it's not wise to start a thread asking for opinions and then everyone getting offended when we're honest.

Go reflect on why you have such negative outlook on body image. :/
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I think you need to find new goals - like ones around strength or flexibility or body fat % rather than trying to look like a particular person. IMO, it's just setting yourself up for failure. BMI might not be the end all indicator, but it's a useful tool. My goal is to bring my BMI from 38 (where I started) to at least 25 (I'm at 26 right now).

Also, I don't see any reason to point out that someone is "overfat", when an opinion wasn't asked for (the photo was NOT of the OP, btw). I'm overfat, I know I am, I'd be pretty furious if I posted a photo of myself to help and someone felt it necessary to state the obvious. It's not necessary. And I'm not even one for sugar coating things.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    oh Lordy, I don't want to get in trouble here, but if i post a pic of myself i want to hear the honest truth, not sugarcoated replies because people are too scared of offending me or whatever. Give me your honest opinion or don't bother!
    @almostplenty feel free to critique the photo i posted back on page 1, i think. My people here at home are the sugarcoating type!

its on page 2 and you're f***in hot. god those legs
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    edited April 2015
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

That's your own socialization and feelings being projected. I'm sorry, but go to anywhere else in the world, and they have no problems with calling it as it is.

Also, it's not wise to start a thread asking for opinions and then everyone getting offended when we're honest.

I'm sorry I have manners and know better than to call someone overweight. A person who is overweight knows they are overweight. They don't need you, me, or anyone else to tell them that.

She didn't ask for an opinion on her photo. That means you keep whatever opinion you have to yourself.

Now I have a negative outlook on body image because I told someone to keep their mouth shut if they don't have anything nice to say? LOL. Not quite sure where you pulled that out of.

• almostplenty
    almostplenty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

*shrug* It's a medical term. Would you be offended if stated your blood pressure, thinking it was normal, and someone told you that it was actually hypertensive?

• rainbowbow
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

She didn't ask for an opinion on her photo. That means you keep whatever opinion you have to yourself.

Now I have a negative outlook on body image because I told someone to keep their mouth shut if they don't have anything nice to say? LOL. Not quite sure where you pulled that out of.

If you didn't you wouldn't view fat/overwight/too much body fat as bad/horrible/insulting. That's where that comes from.

If you associate fat with bad or overweight with hurtful, then that's your own issue.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    oh Lordy, I don't want to get in trouble here, but if i post a pic of myself i want to hear the honest truth, not sugarcoated replies because people are too scared of offending me or whatever. Give me your honest opinion or don't bother!
    @almostplenty feel free to critique the photo i posted back on page 1, i think. My people here at home are the sugarcoating type!

LOl i wasn't fishing for compliments, but thank you. I see myself differently to others, And like i said i don't trust hubby or my family because i know they say what they think i want to hear, its bloody infuriating!! Or i get the "you're too skinny" spiel, which i know i am not. I've still got 7ish pounds to go
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

If you didn't you wouldn't view fat/overwight/too much body fat as bad/horrible/insulting. That's where that comes from.

If you associate fat with bad or overweight with hurtful, then that's your own issue.

The only issue here is the people who think they have the right to comment on a person's body weight. That is a personal subject for most people. End of story.
  • almostplenty
    Options

LOl i wasn't fishing for compliments, but thank you. I see myself differently to others, And like i said i don't trust hubby or my family because i know they say what they think i want to hear, its bloody infuriating!! Or i get the "you're too skinny" spiel, which i know i am not. I've still got 7ish pounds to go

To stay in the same vein as my previous posts, all I will say is that you look like a normal weight & body fat percentage. :neutral::wink:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    And believe me, before i lost weight i got the fat and overweight comments, (and i was only 25lbs overweight). It was true, i couldn't argue, it was my own stupid fault!!
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

See, I like the way your waist is small and your hips and butt pop. You don't even look 175, esp being only 5'1. Good work.

I'm going to waist train, this belly ruins everything.

Waist train???

Yeah apparently it works I was skeptical but a lot of girls are getting results.
    I want a belly gone, and just tone up my arms. I like everything else.

You can't spot reduce, just a heads up. I don't think the girls are getting results in the way you think. You're talking about corsets, right? That's a temporary thing and if done excessively, can lead to a lot of problems.

Yes, she's talking about using a corset. Modern-day women are using corsets and calling it "waist training". It does work, surprisingly, to lessen the circumference of your waist and give that hourglass shape (only so long as you keep using the corset fairly regularly). There are some slight risks to it, but women have been using corsets for centuries without perishing. It's a little hard to wrap your head around it at first, but I guess it's not particularly strange when you think of all the shapewear that's in vogue now like spanx etc. And, no, I do not practice waist training, I just am familiar with it.

**Edited to add that I agree with a previous post that said you're not going to get drastic results from waist training like you think you will. It works, but not drastically. Especially if you have alot of fat on your belly. In that scenario, you probably won't see any results at all. I think your ideal of looking like Amber Rose or Kim K is unrealistic. Those results can only be achieved with surgery. Both women have fake boobs and butts. Nothing wrong with that, just making you aware so you can be realistic.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.
  • Christine_72
    Options

To stay in the same vein as my previous posts, all I will say is that you look like a normal weight & body fat percentage. :neutral::wink:

What does that mean? Give it to me straight man, i can handle the truth :D My opinion, i think my legs need toning and my waist needs whittling

• almostplenty
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

The only issue here is the people who think they have the right to comment on a person's body weight. That is a personal subject for most people. End of story.

I only commented because in her previous post she described herself as "thick" from lots of strength training, which is why she has an overweight BMI. To me, that means you should be significantly more muscular than her pictures show. If she felt shamed by my comment, I apologize for that. But I don't think people should settle for being overweight just because that body type is new normal in our society.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

*shrug* It's a medical term. Would you be offended if stated your blood pressure, thinking it was normal, and someone told you that it was actually hypertensive?

Don't even try to compare body weight and blood pressure. Body weight is a sensitive subject in the medical field.

You are still missing the point that she didn't ask for anyone's opinion on her photo.

Just a heads up- you won't last here if you continue to go around calling people overweight/overfat/obese. Also, abusing the flagging system isn't taken kindly here either.

• rainbowbow
    Options
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.

TIL- I am not womanly. :open_mouth: