Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Options

Replies

• MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is there really a such thing as "normal" body weight? We're all built differently and carry weight differently. If I followed the BMI I would look like Calista Flockhart.
  • almostplenty
    almostplenty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be blunt, but we've become so desensitized to what a normal body weight looks like, with 60+% of Americans overweight. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just trying to be objective. She looks like she has a BMI >25, and not with a muscle-builder's low body fat %. Why sacrifice our health just to fit into the "thick" trend? That is no different than starving oneself to Calista Flockhart proportions in order to look supermodel skinny.

yeah, no i totally agree, but i was just saying that i've personally noticed that being brutally honest and/or voicing opinions isn't taken too kindly here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    the size of your balls tho

Meh, an internet forum means nothing to me. I'm a nurse and wish I had the balls to say the same thing to my patients in real life. =/
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is there really a such thing as "normal" body weight? We're all built differently and carry weight differently. If I followed the BMI I would look like Calista Flockhart.

If you don't want to use BMI in your case, then use bodyfat% instead. There is an "average and healthy range". Neither of which OP is currently in. :|
  • almostplenty
    Options

A BMI of 24 would make you look like Calista Flockhart? Prove it.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

That is what I thought too. Low and behold, once I got to a normal BMI, I didn't look like a walking skeleton at all. I looked 'not fat' and really good for the first time in my life.
  • almostplenty
    Options
    Please someone show me a person with a BMI of 24 who looks anorexic.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    MissKriss3 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    angellll12 wrote: »
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Do you have pictures? I'd like to see how that looks .

I still think you look overweight, too much body fat.
    Someone needed to say it. I was too chicken...
  • MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I don't have the pic on this computer to upload but if you go to my profile there is a pic in my photos it says April 2013 above it. I'm 127 in that pic and look way too thin in my opinion.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    if this is the "thick" that's in, then thick needs to get the F out

http://tinyurl.com/qbzzjlt

i think many people disguise "fat" with thick, curvy etc lol. why?

You see th pictures I posted? That's my definition of thick, Amber rose, Kim, kardhasian. Flat stomachs but there hips and *kitten* curve.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg
    I'm extremely confident weighing 174# at 5'1". Thanks to strength training. #thickchick

Me too. Back when I was 174 and 5'5", I was 6lbs away from being obese. I think someone 4 inches shorter than me is well within the obesity range. I thought when she posted that, she is either joking or completely jacked and juicing. I really am not seeing the muscles and hard body or whatever at all. Maybe try taking a pic with the lights on?
  • almostplenty
    Options

I don't have the pic on this computer to upload but if you go to my profile there is a pic in my photos it says April 2013 above it. I'm 127 in that pic and look way too thin in my opinion.

The April 2013 one? You look like a normal, healthy weight in that one.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

You see th pictures I posted? That's my definition of thick, Amber rose, Kim, kardhasian. Flat stomachs but there hips and *kitten* curve.

So women with brazillian butt lifts and silicone/saline breasts? Okay....
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Since I've lost weight, I also lost weight in my boobs I went from a C cup to a B cup, a big B cup though. I still want curves, and an *kitten*. i feel like if I lose anymore weight I lose my boobs, I'm not into that skinny skinny look. What do you think about 145 pounds on a 5'2 frame? Maybe ten more pounds? I'm scared to lose my butt and boobs.

Plus I'm having a hard time losing anymore weight

You're still technically overweight. If you want curves, do strength training. A normal weight person with proportionate boobs looks better than an overweight person with larger boobs.
    rainbowbow wrote: »

You do realize there's girls that naturally look like that? I'm using them as examples because people know them.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As someone with a 34DD chest size, I am looking more at where I should be health-wise than how my figure will look. I like my booty, so I work it out.

The chest can't be helped - if you have a chest because you were overweight (fatty breasts), it's probably going to go, end of story. There's also a chance, if it's genetic, your big bust will stay.

I'd take a healthy lifestyle and comfort over my chest. I'd be fine if I went down to a B, or even smaller, but it's not going to happen (not with these genetics!)

I plan on weight training for my curves. Women shouldn't be so afraid of weight training making them "bulky".

Thick may be the fad, but that's all it is. A fad. If you're happy at your weight, go for it, but don't be so afraid of losing weight where you don't want it to go. Your health is most important.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

@almostplenty Excuse you? Who are YOU to tell someone they have too much body fat?

There's this saying….. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

Me too. Back when I was 174 and 5'5", I was 6lbs away from being obese. I think someone 4 inches shorter than me is well within the obesity range. I thought when she posted that, she is either joking or completely jacked and juicing. I really am not seeing the muscles and hard body or whatever at all. Maybe try taking a pic with the lights on?

@CrabNebula Good thing it doesn't matter what you see.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Since I've lost weight, I also lost weight in my boobs I went from a C cup to a B cup, a big B cup though. I still want curves, and an *kitten*. i feel like if I lose anymore weight I lose my boobs, I'm not into that skinny skinny look. What do you think about 145 pounds on a 5'2 frame? Maybe ten more pounds? I'm scared to lose my butt and boobs.

Plus I'm having a hard time losing anymore weight

You're still technically overweight. If you want curves, do strength training. A normal weight person with proportionate boobs looks better than an overweight person with larger boobs.
    rainbowbow wrote: »

You do realize there's girls that naturally look like that? I'm using them as examples because people know them.

I have a hard time believing either of the two women you're looking at as role models (body-wise) as being anything other than fake. If you're not genetically born to have a voluptuous body (and I don't honestly believe either of those women haven't had work to aid any genetics they do have), without fat, you can't make it happen without plastic surgery. Not to that extent.
  • almostplenty
    Options
    v44996h1coev.jpg
    e4baj2udqbyq.jpg
    p5nz7x4vc6w9.jpg

@almostplenty Excuse you? Who are YOU to tell someone they have too much body fat?

There's this saying….. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I don't know why people are getting offended to an objective observation. You're the one adding the emotional connotation to terms relative to weight and body fat. It's like saying someone's hair looks brown, not blonde.

• bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    this thread

ycjxi0mkn00p.jpg
    1.jpg 32.4K
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    oh Lordy, I don't want to get in trouble here, but if i post a pic of myself i want to hear the honest truth, not sugarcoated replies because people are too scared of offending me or whatever. Give me your honest opinion or don't bother!
    @almostplenty feel free to critique the photo i posted back on page 1, i think. My people here at home are the sugarcoating type!